‘We’ve got players, too’: Dawson Odums not here to praise Deion Sanders-led Jackson State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meanwhile, Alcorn smiles, polishes the trophy that hasn't left and scouts what you REALLY have going on...

All I have to say is this. Since I’ve been a child college football hasn’t changed. You out recruit your peers and you usually are the top of the conference. If we can keep our recruiting like it is or better then I see a dominant JSU. Had this discussion with some friends and family the other day. Look at Ohio State and Clemson. Both are top 5 in recruiting every year. Is their conference recruiting bad, no it’s not. There is also a huge difference between pulling in the #3 class and pulling in a #14 class. Did the SWAC stop recruiting when Deion came, hell naw y’all didn’t but let’s not act like Deion is out recruiting everyone by far.. Do I think we’ll win the SWAC this year, probably not. The upcoming years will be the start if he can keep recruiting how he is.

Tough schedule...we would not want it any other way. Gram is the most problematic...We have a hard time getting over the hump with them. I feel less apprehensive about PV. 5-1 is more likely.
@Dooley
@SpotTheBall
@PVNation
@EdnaView
@PrairieKarr
@WarrenView
@PrairieEaston
@AssKicker
@BeatDeyAss
@PanthersFoot
@ShitHitTheFan
@YouGoneLearn

Not worried about PVAMU? lol Nah, we didn't improve from last year. lololol :D

Last edited:
@JROCK do you wanna' educate the crew on what PV returns? How we lost 3 SWAC IC games by only 13 total points last fall including SU, AlcornSt, and JSU? How many return on both sides of the ball?

I like this team we have on both sides of the ball. If we can control our fast/quick QBs to stretch the field and make wise decisions, man... smh This is make it or break it year #3 of #spottheball.

@JROCK do you wanna' educate the crew on what PV returns? How we lost 3 SWAC IC games by only 13 total points last fall including SU, AlcornSt, and JSU? How many return on both sides of the ball?

I like this team we have on both sides of the ball. If we can control our fast/quick QBs to stretch the field and make wise decisions, man... smh This is make it or break it year #3 of #spottheball.

Yall probably would’ve won that JSU game had y’all not poked the bear lol That made the 1400 J.R. Lynch kids play harder. It definitely wasn’t the coaching 😆

Yall probably would’ve won that JSU game had y’all not poked the bear lol That made the 1400 J.R. Lynch kids play harder. It definitely wasn’t the coaching 😆
Nah man. Don't discredit the effort made by the then coaching staff. They had JSU student-athletes ready to play from the initial whistle. Defensively, they put a serious stop to Dooley's offense and for PV's defense, the initial musical chair @ QB by JSU paid off - smart playcalling and the JSU OL did its job.

Much credit to JSU on not stopping and fighting until they earned the victory.

Nah man. Don't discredit the effort made by the then coaching staff. They had JSU student-athletes ready to play from the initial whistle. Defensively, they put a serious stop to Dooley's offense and for PV's defense, the initial musical chair @ QB by JSU paid off - smart playcalling and the JSU OL did its job.

Y’all selfish panthers made Hendricks win that game 2 years in a row ... one that made us think he was a Ite coach ... the other that made his ass not get fired midway through the season ...y’all cold for that.... 😂😂😂 y’all wanted to see j state suffer with false hope smh

Naw Panth. That QB shuffle was dumb lol. Playcalling was also suspect with Jalon in the game. Different plays for him as opposed to Ponder. Defensively we did step it up that game. The effort and execution of the players was the deciding factors

I try to tell folks that AAMU & PVU are dangerous to anyone that will listen.....LOL However, I like PVU a tad over AAMU this year because of that running back they are losing (though I realize PVU is losing Texas Tucker as well). You're a fool if you think games with those two teams are a week off....LOL

Y’all selfish panthers made Hendricks win that game 2 years in a row ... one that made us think he was a Ite coach ... the other that made his ass not get fired midway through the season ...y’all cold for that.... 😂😂😂 y’all wanted to see j state suffer with false hope smh

Hendricks and crew looked like a legit coaching staff. Slow game but when it picked up steam, it picked up the right way. The young men responded to them, hence the W.

Naw Panth. That QB shuffle was dumb lol. Playcalling was also suspect with Jalon in the game. Different plays for him as opposed to Ponder. Defensively we did step it up that game. The effort and execution of the players was the deciding factors

It worked though.... lol See? Legit W to me.

10/24/2019*Jackson StatePrairie View, TexasL 35-38 2 OT

I try to tell folks that AAMU & PVU are dangerous to anyone that will listen.....LOL However, I like PVU a tad over AAMU this year because of that running back they are losing (though I realize PVU is losing Texas Tucker as well). You're a fool if you think games with those two teams are a week off....LOL
Our RB core was instructed to keep their f'ing mouth shut during game week lol. We learned a VERY valuable lesson.

You not lying because when we play PV, PV scares me to death.

We also have next year to win. I'm not sold that JSU is ready to win right away with those recruits. Also, there will be surprises on other teams at key positions that will have them competitive.

Did you watch the AAMU-JSU game last year and how we were beating your ass with no kicker and no defense and a bad OC? Unless you have upgraded by A LOT.... yall in trouble. Focus on Alcorn.

Did you watch the AAMU-JSU game last year and how we were beating your ass with no kicker and no defense and a bad OC? Unless you have upgraded by A LOT.... yall in trouble. Focus on Alcorn.
We had our worst defense in twenty years. Everybody moved on us. This year will be different because the DC has had time to adjust the defensive to the talent or to recruit talent for the scheme. Don't think the holes will be there this year.
Besides, why crow about playing someone close. The objective is to win. JSU lost to that worst defense ina generation. Think how bad it will be you when the defense half-way decent.

Last edited:
We had our worst defense in twenty years. Everybody moved on us. This year will be different because the DC has had time to adjust the defensive to the talent or to recruit talent for the scheme. Don't think the holes will be there this year.
Besides, why crow about playing someone close. The objective is to win. JSU lost to that worst defense ina generation. Think how bad it will be you when the defense half-way decent.
Dude, your DC is just sorry. Look at those sorry defenses he had at NCCU.

You all had a experienced DC ... he just sucked. JSU had a first time DC. You make the call on that.

You all had a experienced DC ... he just sucked. JSU had a first time DC. You make the call on that.
It was not your defense. It was our offense. We moved the ball and scored against everyone. On the other hand, it was not your offense doing great things. Everybody's offense moved the ball against us. Even Morehouse had a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back