‘We’ve got players, too’: Dawson Odums not here to praise Deion Sanders-led Jackson State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly like his attitude.

I don’t believe you should know everything that’s going on inside somebody’s house because the quickest way for your house to be divided is to let outsiders be a part of it.”

When you know who said you know what before the SU game, I got really quiet because I KNEW it would be used for bulletin board material AND if he didn't get over 200+ yards rushing in a victory, those words would remain VERY empty.

Look at what happened. smh

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Certainly like his attitude.

When you know who said you know what before the SU game, I got really quiet because I KNEW it would be used for bulletin board material AND if he didn't get over 200+ yards rushing in a victory, those words would remain VERY empty.

Look at what happened. smh
Multiple Choice

A) Pecos Bill
B) Johnny Appleseed
C) Calamity Jane
D) Texas Tucker
E) Davey Crockett

best response Ive seen to the Dion hype.

I know the other coaches got irked at the many Deion centered questions and answered as tactfully as they could.

Dancy basically said that the conference was full of good teams before Deion arrived and he is correct. Yeah Deion will bring extra eyeballs but successful coaches like McNair and Odums already know what it takes to win at this level. We will see a glimpse of what Deion can do in the Spring. If he can makes Hendricks players a SWAC championship level team then all the hype and THEE MAGA caping was worth it.

We got players too. :(

Unless we playing him, love me some big Worm, like he said....

tenor.gif

Honestly...I'm not mad at Odums. Deion has not proven himself as a coach. He has no championships....no wins...no nothing. He could go down as the biggest bust or could be in the top 10 of greatest SWAC coaches.....who knows...but for folks to be giving him all the props is media propaganda until he shows us he can win. Truth be told he has a target on his back and coaches are coming to bust his head to the white meat on that field.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Recruiting is arguably the most IMPORTANT part of coaching. That's the only thing he can be judged off of as he's only been in the Swac a little over a month. He has by far out-recruited every coach in this conference on paper. All of the props hes getting in the media is well deserved. A target has been on his back for a while now he's Deion. And "0", think about that

Honestly...I'm not mad at Odums. Deion has not proven himself as a coach. He has no championships....no wins...no nothing. He could go down as the biggest bust or could be in the top 10 of greatest SWAC coaches.....who knows...but for folks to be giving him all the props is media propaganda until he shows us he can win. Truth be told he has a target on his back and coaches are coming to bust his head to the white meat on that field.
I think most of
I think most of the props is because of the recruiting, which his name alone helps with that. I am pretty sure the Coordinator's and the rest of the Coaching staff will have a lot to do with wins and losses.

I respect worms headline making comments... JSU has to prove it, but let’s not get it twisted to the southerns and others of the world ...stats and end of score don’t lie...SOME of y’all won by a touchdown or less over very young JSU squad that just added a coaching staff that already on paper is better than the previous staff... in the last two years we’ve been in the conversation for swac east champs winning against swac opponents when needed....the gap has closed already for some.... and for some others that will be proven this season, but let’s not act like JSU wasn’t giving most teams a run last season... we’re still JSU ... Deion Sanders or not ... Coach Prime is the icing on the cake.... good luck to y’all teams but at minimum I only see 2 losses this spring.... worm better hope his team is in shape and ready by the time ole boombox roll around or he’ll have other problems like that pink slip waiting at his desk.... but carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back