SU ink deal to play McNeese in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

So the Jags are only playing 2 hours away from home, getting paid $150K and given the free hotel. The band I know will be taken care of for this trip so there is really no overhead cost. The fans are receiving the usual allotment of tickets, 2500, for this game. It's an FCS school and it's a game that can be won. Where in the hell is the problem with this deal?

So the Jags are only playing 2 hours away from home, getting paid $150K and given the free hotel. The band I know will be taken care of for this trip so there is really no overhead cost. The fans are receiving the usual allotment of tickets, 2500, for this game. It's an FCS school and it's a game that can be won. Where in the hell is the problem with this deal?

Some of our fans have become delusional .

YES! I said it @bigtyme2 and you were right it feels good as hell.

Because we could have gotten a larger payday in state from Tulane, ULL, ULM, or LaTech. Why leave money on the table.

But every FBS school in the state wants to Play SU for $250,00-$300,000, maybe more. So in these times with the budget issues we are all having you think it's wise to leave money on the table.
Your point might make sense IF McNeese were a FBS school...but it isn't, McNeese is a FCS school. This school competes at the SAME level as your school.

Ain't nobody getting pimped. I just feel we should and could have gotten more money, especially when we will be at a competitive disadvantage, with the scholarship limitations for the next three years.
With that logic, maybe you shouldn't field a team at all then. Because you will be at a competitive disadvantage for the entire season. Why bother playing at all?

Because we could have gotten a larger payday in state from Tulane, ULL, ULM, or LaTech. Why leave money on the table.

C'mon Bruh ... the only way Southern, or any FCS school, is gonna get an FBS-style payout from another FCS school is a big neutral-site classic. Remember, Tulane, ULM, ULL and LaTech are all FBS schools. No way in hell a fellow FCS school would break bread like that.

C'mon Bruh ... the only way Southern, or any FCS school, is gonna get an FBS-style payout from another FCS school is a big neutral-site classic. Remember, Tulane, ULM, ULL and LaTech are all FBS schools. No way in hell a fellow FCS school would break bread like that.
That's why I personally would rather play a FBS school. Again why leave money on the table? No need to play Louisiana's non FBS schools especially at a time, when we won't have equal scholarships.

That's why I personally would rather play a FBS school. No need to play Louisiana's non FBS schools especially at a time, when we won't have equal scholarships.

Question: How many schollies will Southern be without annually? How do you know these other FCS schools are fully funding scholarships as well?

With that logic, maybe you shouldn't field a team at all then. Because you will be at a competitive disadvantage for the entire season. Why bother playing at all?
Let me go on record saying I have no problem playing McNeese at all when we are full strength. But I have a problem playing them in year 3 of scholarship reduction, when clearly SU's depth won't be where it needs to be. We have to schedule smarter. Losing to a FBS school doesn't effect SU at all. Losing to a FCS school does.

I guess i missed the news article that a bill was passed and signed into law that prohibits us from scheduling an fbs school because we we have McNeese on our schedule.

I swear sometimes i just want to grab a snicker and get away. smh

Question: How many schollies will Southern be without annually? How do you know these other FCS schools are fully funding scholarships as well?
Aren't we losing 5 each year for the next 3 years. Worm said because we have recruited well and redshirted, it won't effect us until year 3 which is 19.

Aren't we losing 5 each year for the next 3 years. Worm said because we have recruited well and redshirted, it won't effect us until year 3 which is 19.

5? Shit I thought you were talking like the 10-plus annually USC had to unass because of the Reggie Bush ruling, or Penn State post-Sandusky.

That's the norm for visiting teams

Exactly!
All people got to do is use ticketmaster. Sheesh. I hate always hearing we don't get tickets for games or SU don't give tickets for games. You don't supposed too. Get the tickets like WHITE FOLKS do when they travel to other games. You think Ohio State sends Michigan a bunch of tickets? You think Michigan fans don't find other MEANS of getting tickets to the Shoe or vice versa. McNeese will put their tickets on sale sometime that summer. If you can't get a ticket from SU ticket office. Get it somewhere else and go to the damn game. We find more excuses.

Ain't nobody getting pimped. I just feel we should and could have gotten more money, especially when we will be at a competitive disadvantage, with the scholarship limitations for the next three years.

According to Worm, we have been playing with -5 schollies these last few years. So what changes now. They already know how to play with 58 instead of 63 apparently.

According to Worm, we have been playing with -5 schollies these last few years. So what changes now. They already know how to play with 58 instead of 63 apparently.

I really didn't want to point this out. Shit, SU could have 20 less and STILL be competitive, imho. 5 schols annually won't make or break SU, imho.

Bottom line, go out to LC and kick those folks ass. Period. Point blank. End of stury. GET'ER DONE!!!!

-5 for 3 season we will be down 15 scholarship players. That's huge. Why y'all think Pine Bluff has been struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back