SU ink deal to play McNeese in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This McNeese AD must have a BIG payday planned or that AD is just dumb.. Maybe that $150K is the TOTAL financial package inclusive of the tickets and the hotel.

The AD got a couple of Payday games against Okie State and LSU on the the horizon. Lots of Cowboy fans are curious to see how this is gonna work...If the weather's nice and Southern doesn't back out again, He might be able to avoid losing money on it..

If he loses money, people are going to scream..

The AD got a couple of Payday games against Okie State and LSU on the the horizon. Lots of Cowboy fans are curious to see how this is gonna work...If the weather's nice and Southern doesn't back out again, He might be able to avoid losing money on it..

If he loses money, people are going to scream..

Well we're not going to travel there after our homes have been devastated we don't care how much you whine. Show me a person that football is that big of a priority in their life and I'll show you a person that doesn't have much of a life.

Join the club. Everybody's ecstatic when they beat Southern. Have I said that I hate my Google voice lately ?

I'm sorry but I'm still tickled lmao! Get'em blue!!!!!

Let me know when you're bored or tired so I can give relief. :D

Wait, what? Y'all making excuses for 2004?

Seriously?

Y'all were 8-3 that year....we took the worst Cowboy football team in 20 years (they were 4-7) and spanked you like you stole something.....what was the store? 35-17?

C'mon now...

As to owing us a game....y'all eventually got around to doing the right thing and getting the buyout paid....only after you tried every other avenue, first....But, y'all paid the fee...or had it paid for you...either way, it got done, so it's a dead issue.

I just hope the buyout this go round is clearly stated in the contract ;)

Also, Let's hope for good weather this time so we can finally see the band....

Truth be told, that's really who we're paying to come play in Cowboy Stadium ;)
Who's making excuses, y'all won, but 2004 was a very weak SU team imo, especially compared to the 03 team. It wasn't SU fault Katrina happened smh

How is that not enough? in fact, they dumb for even offering ya'll that. They pretty much splitting what they make with you... in fact, you might make more than them... You act like hosting a game is free.

So this is NOT the return game that you all owe them? This is a payout game with no return game in BR.
Yes it's a no return game.

Well we're not going to travel there after our homes have been devastated we don't care how much you whine. Show me a person that football is that big of a priority in their life and I'll show you a person that doesn't have much of a life.

Oh, I wasn't talking about the Katrina game....like I said, y'all eventually got around to doing the right thing there....AFTER you tried everything else.

I was referring more to the 2002 signed but un-returned contract for a 2003 game...Y'all thought playing in 2003 was gonna be a good idea, until you saw Grambling fall 52-20 in Lake Charles...suddently, it wasn't such a good idea anymore and the contract y'all publicized didn't get returned....

Here's hoping y'all don't get cold feet again between now and 2019 ;) .

Oh, I wasn't talking about the Katrina game....like I said, y'all eventually got around to doing the right thing there....AFTER you tried everything else.

I was referring more to the 2002 signed but un-returned contract for a 2003 game...Y'all thought playing in 2003 was gonna be a good idea, until you saw Grambling fall 52-20 in Lake Charles...suddently, it wasn't such a good idea anymore and the contract y'all publicized didn't get returned....

Sounds like another suburban legend to go along with the "SU bought the contract out for $50k" that keep popping up. As for as getting around to do the right thing I have no idea what you're talking about .

Alternative Truth....Fox News, Send Help!

Also, Let's hope for good weather this time so we can finally see the band....

Truth be told, that's really who we're paying to come play in Cowboy Stadium ;)

Since you pointed that out and if it is not already in the contract, I'll tell McNeese they would have to cough up another $150k and 1,500 more seats for us to bring the Jukebox.

It would be nice if my hometown (Alexandria, LA) would go ahead and build the once proposed 35k to 40k seat football stadium so Louisiana FCS schools could setup a few intrastate classic games with ESPN coverage in the middle of the state. The classics could be called the CENLA Classic or the Crossroad Classic. Most schools would have 2 hours or less to get Alexandria, LA. I'm sure McNeese and Northwestern State probably wouldn't mind starting some annual classic in Alexandria, LA with the potentials of being televised. Also, ULL and ULM could possibly do the same.

Last edited:
Maybe one of Mississippi's non-SWAC FCS programs can hookup JSU like this.;) They really need the money bad. LMAO!!!

Do these NCAA sanctions preclude su from playing FBS teams? If so, there is your answer as to why you are not playing an FBS program.

No, not at all. We are just making sure we have 4 GOOD OOC games now that we are having the 7 game mandate. Which means not playing the little sisters of the poor if we can help it. We want to keep having good OOC scheduling. So we are being proactive and not having to schedule in conference teams as an OOC game. I am hoping FAMU and Tenn State reappear on SU schedule like the old days.

What is this dude talking about?

Since you pointed that out and if it is not already in the contract, I'll tell McNeese they would have to cough up another $150k and 1,500 more seats for us to bring the Jukebox.

What a wonderful,idea! Hell, the University of Georgia paid more than 50,000 to see the SU band in person and included their request in the contract. We could do the same for McNeese and pick up another cool $50,000 to $100,000. Old Poke /centr might be on to something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back