SU ink deal to play McNeese in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It started this season. So it will be more like 15.

I think it is -5 per year. Not cumulative. Meaning you keep adding 5 to the total each year for 3 years. From my understanding it's 58 schollies for 3 years. Not -5, then -10, then -15.

You still will have 58 players on scholarship. You just make choices on who keeps them. Hell the big schools do it. Urban Meyer just granted releases to players either from injury or just not competing enough to be on scholarship so he can bring in Fr on those scholarships. Worm will have to look at each Sr class to see who deserves to keep their scholarship. Some kids will be academic kids and be able to go to school that way. You will be shocked at how many FCS schools do not use all of their 63 scholarships yearly.

I really didn't want to point this out. Shit, SU could have 20 less and STILL be competitive, imho. 5 schols annually won't make or break SU, imho.

Bottom line, go out to LC and kick those folks ass. Period. Point blank. End of stury. GET'ER DONE!!!!
We playing the game regardless lol, was just point out a few things. We have to schedule smarter when playing those teams. Last time we played them we were breaking in a new QB and lost a large senior class the year before. We should have scheduled them for last season or this season, if you were going to schedule them.

We playing the game regardless lol, was just point out a few things. We have to schedule smarter when playing those teams. Last time we played them we were breaking in a new QB and lost a large senior class the year before. We should have scheduled them for last season or this season, if you were going to schedule them.

I get what you're saying but I don't think SU will drop off like you're making the drop off to be. SU has always had talent, 2-deep, imho, consistently. It's that coaching deal & lack of sound OL/DL that broke SU, since the flying-high Pete Richardson led days.

Wait, what? Y'all making excuses for 2004?

Seriously?

Y'all were 8-3 that year....we took the worst Cowboy football team in 20 years (they were 4-7) and spanked you like you stole something.....what was the store? 35-17?

C'mon now...

As to owing us a game....y'all eventually got around to doing the right thing and getting the buyout paid....only after you tried every other avenue, first....But, y'all paid the fee...or had it paid for you...either way, it got done, so it's a dead issue.

I just hope the buyout this go round is clearly stated in the contract ;)

Also, Let's hope for good weather this time so we can finally see the band....

Truth be told, that's really who we're paying to come play in Cowboy Stadium ;)

Dude just stop! When and how many times have you ever heard of a FCS opponent paying another FCS opponent $150k to play them let alone one just 2 hrs down the road.

And I'm not referring to the ones with a$20- $50 million budget pretending to be FCS.

Hmmmmm...................

2019: true freshmen from 2016 will be true seniors. Guys redshirted in 2016 will be redshirt juniors.

The 2017 class will be true juniors unless redshirted

Exactly!
All people got to do is use ticketmaster. Sheesh. I hate always hearing we don't get tickets for games or SU don't give tickets for games. You don't supposed too. Get the tickets like WHITE FOLKS do when they travel to other games. You think Ohio State sends Michigan a bunch of tickets? You think Michigan fans don't find other MEANS of getting tickets to the Shoe or vice versa. McNeese will put their tickets on sale sometime that summer. If you can't get a ticket from SU ticket office. Get it somewhere else and go to the damn game. We find more excuses.

You know if some folks don't have anything to complain about their life simply isn't complete

Wait, what? Y'all making excuses for 2004?

Seriously?

Y'all were 8-3 that year....we took the worst Cowboy football team in 20 years (they were 4-7) and spanked you like you stole something.....what was the store? 35-17?

C'mon now...

As to owing us a game....y'all eventually got around to doing the right thing and getting the buyout paid....only after you tried every other avenue, first....But, y'all paid the fee...or had it paid for you...either way, it got done, so it's a dead issue.

I just hope the buyout this go round is clearly stated in the contract ;)

Also, Let's hope for good weather this time so we can finally see the band....

Truth be told, that's really who we're paying to come play in Cowboy Stadium ;)

Didn't Southeastern get at y'all the week after that game?

Let me go on record saying I have no problem playing McNeese at all when we are full strength. But I have a problem playing them in year 3 of scholarship reduction, when clearly SU's depth won't be where it needs to be. We have to schedule smarter. Losing to a FBS school doesn't effect SU at all. Losing to a FCS school does.
Do these NCAA sanctions preclude su from playing FBS teams? If so, there is your answer as to why you are not playing an FBS program.

You still will have 58 players on scholarship. You just make choices on who keeps them. Hell the big schools do it. Urban Meyer just granted releases to players either from injury or just not competing enough to be on scholarship so he can bring in Fr on those scholarships. Worm will have to look at each Sr class to see who deserves to keep their scholarship. Some kids will be academic kids and be able to go to school that way. You will be shocked at how many FCS schools do not use all of their 63 scholarships yearly.

Bruh!!!! The crazy thing about is he was on the board bragging about how Banks said it wasn't that bad .

Didn't Southeastern get at y'all the week after that game?

They did...and they beat the hell out of us that year....in only their second or third year of bringing the program back....that's one of the reasons why the 2004 team was the worst one in 20 years....

Finished 4-7....lost to a second-year start up....STILL beat Southern like they stole something ;)

Um we're playing two this season
That is why it was a question. Do these NCAA sanctions preclude su from playing FBS teams?

I was asking. I know that in the midst of our issues we could not play an FBS school. Plus, I do not keep up with who su plays. It is not that serious.

They did...and they beat the hell out of us that year....in only their second or third year of bringing the program back....that's one of the reasons why the 2004 team was the worst one in 20 years....

Finished 4-7....lost to a second-year start up....STILL beat Southern like they stole something ;)

Join the club. Everybody's ecstatic when they beat Southern. Have I said that I hate my Google voice lately ?

That is why it was a question. Do these NCAA sanctions preclude su from playing FBS teams?

I was asking. I know that in the midst of our issues we could not play an FBS school. Plus, I do not keep up with who su plays. It is not that serious.

I guess i missed the news article that a bill was passed and signed into law that prohibits us from scheduling an fbs school because we we have McNeese on our schedule.

I swear sometimes i just want to grab a snicker and get away. smh

Well Poke, Y'all need to come to the SWAC as much as you boast about beating Southern. You're talking about the Southern win like its one of the wins y'all had over Aggie or ULL or something .. LOL ...

But that's still not enough in my opinion.

How is that not enough? in fact, they dumb for even offering ya'll that. They pretty much splitting what they make with you... in fact, you might make more than them... You act like hosting a game is free.

So this is NOT the return game that you all owe them? This is a payout game with no return game in BR.

Well Poke, Y'all need to come to the SWAC as much as you boast about beating Southern. You're talking about the Southern win like its one of the wins y'all had over Aggie or ULL or something .. LOL ...

Now, now... I wasn't boasting...that's just correcting tbe record since there was some excuse making going on..

It's not like we beat anybody.....it was Southern ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back