SU ink deal to play McNeese in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you pointed that out and if it is not already in the contract, I'll tell McNeese they would have to cough up another $150k and 1,500 more seats for us to bring the Jukebox.

Wait, what? You thought that offer was for the football team only? Man, no band, no game....that's the only upside to scheduling y'all....if y'all ain't bringing the band, we might as well schedule a D2. We'd get the same quality football, but at a discounted rate.

Man, the Band is the only reason people are gonna come to this thing! ;)

Wait, what? You thought that offer was for the football team only? Man, no band, no game....that's the only upside to scheduling y'all....if y'all ain't bringing the band, we might as well schedule a D2. We'd get the same quality football, but at a discounted rate.

Man, the Band is the only reason people are gonna come to this thing! ;)

Go back and read my post and concentrate on the word 'IF'. But I'm sure you wrote the contract. ;)

Nope, I wasn't involved this time....;)

And by the way, the Dancing Dolls is an added attraction. IF it is not in the contract for them to perform that would be another $50k for their performance. Madonna and Beyonce' paid a lot more for them to perform halftime at the Super Bowl. It's pure business my man.

Last edited:
it's funny how we are sitting here talking about McNeese State payment but yet McNeese State fans are on their Facebook group page talking about this is probably the biggest payout they have ever paid a FCS program..

I hope band expenses do not have to come out of that $150K.
You mean the band is going to have to pay it's own way?!! sujagtilidie was totally on point if this is true.
Heck, that's probably why they scheduled su. But seriously, 150,000 ain't much if the band is getting a cut of that money.

Didn't Southeastern get at y'all the week after that game?

Been a long time since I've been here. Still recognize a lot of the names. I'm looking forward to the is game. It should be a fun one.

Southeastern beat the crap out of us in 2004. 2004 is a season that a lot of McNeese fans would rather just forget. We went 4-7 and only beat Southern, Youngstown, Florida International, and Nicholls The losses were all just plain old ass-whippings and the scores weren't even close. We were just a lousy football team that season.

Doc

Been a long time since I've been here. Still recognize a lot of the names. I'm looking forward to the is game. It should be a fun one.

Southeastern beat the crap out of us in 2004. 2004 is a season that a lot of McNeese fans would rather just forget. We went 4-7 and only beat Southern, Youngstown, Florida International, and Nicholls The losses were all just plain old ass-whippings and the scores weren't even close. We were just a lousy football team that season.

Doc

Welcome back McNeese 72! Glad to have you! Enjoyed your Doc's Shots when the two programs met in BR back in 2004! That year marked the start of Pete Richardson's decline and I believe he was fired the next year. So 2004 wasn't one of of our better teams either!

Doc

Welcome back. I was working in Hammond at the time, and was surprised SELA won that next week. The wheels were starting to come off on the Pete Richardson era that season, although we Under up with a second straight SWAC title game appearance in 2004.

Our 2004 team was more lucky than good they beat Mississippi Valley and Alabama State on the last play of the game that season

Welcome back McNeese 72! Glad to have you! Enjoyed your Doc's Shots when the two programs met in BR back in 2004! That year marked the start of Pete Richardson's decline and I believe he was fired the next year. So 2004 wasn't one of of our better teams either!

Still shooting McNeese sports and hope to be shooting it again when the Jaguars come to town. Better at it and better equipment than I had back then. Just new websites now. http://www.docsshots.com/ and https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/.

Doc

Shouldn't be that much for band expenses. They are not staying the night in Lake Charles. Turn around one day trip as usual.

SU is getting paid too much but if McNeese is dumb enough to pay it..... LOL

OR they might just want to do it for the energy of the game (and in sports, sometimes that in itself is worth it) but there is no need to bring in a team and give them over half the profit.

With parking, ticket sales, food, beer, liquor, gas, hotels, motels, tailgating expenses, miscellaneous clothing sales, 150,000 is probably one quarter of the money that will be pumped into Lake Charles that weekend.

Well, yall the ones bragging about the crowd yall gone bring. Now you saying "it ain't that big of a trip"? Some su folks don't seem to agree with you.
Meaning most folks are probably going to make it a day trip, watch the game and come back home. Of course there will be economic impact for the city, but you're acting like a small FCS school with a small budget actually paying us this amount is a bad deal.

Dat Dere Watcha call letting folks in another FCS conference know that they are willing to provide free entertainment if they schedule JSU instead of SU.
Dude, since the band's not getting a share of the profits, seems like they're the ones providing "free" entertainment.
Next time, think before you press "send".:snicer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back