SU ink deal to play McNeese in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, for a FCS program, it doesn't get any better than that. That is a sweetheart deal.
But every FBS school in the state wants to Play SU for $250,00-$300,000, maybe more. So in these times with the budget issues we are all having you think it's wise to leave money on the table.

But every FBS school in the state wants to Play SU for $250,00-$300,000, maybe more. So in these times with the budget issues we are all having you think it's wise to leave money on the table.

So using your logic we should use all our OOC openings to play only in state FBS schools because of course their schedule has an open door policy just for us.

I'm confused. Some delusional character on here said SU owes McNeese. What it seems like, SU used the leverage of the buyout to make McNeese pay them. I guess that school in Jackson, MS would have given McNeese a free RETURN game without any compensation. SU knew McNeese was trying to double dip on them by taking the buyout and demanding a free return game at the same time. Business is business and our HBCUs need to learn how to play the game. Exactly how much did ESPN pay McNeese for the buyout???

I'm confused. Some delusional character on here said SU owes McNeese. What it seems like, SU used the leverage of the buyout to make McNeese pay them. I guess that school in Jackson, MS would have given McNeese a free RETURN game without any compensation. SU knew McNeese was trying to double dip on them by taking the buyout and demanding a free return game at the same time. Business is business and our HBCUs need to learn how to play the game. Exactly how much did ESPN pay McNeese for the buyout???

Some say $10k some McNeese fans say we paid $50k. We know the latter is a lie straight from the pits of hell...LMAO Take that for whatever it's worth.

Dude just stop! When and how many times have you ever heard of a FCS opponent paying another FCS opponent $150k to play them let alone one just 2 hrs down the road.

And I'm not referring to the ones with a$20- $50 million budget pretending to be FCS.

Sheeeiiit! You can shower and go right home after the game. No need to stay in LC. Keep as much of that $150K as you can.

Sheeeiiit! You can shower and go right home after the game. No need to stay in LC. Keep as much of that $150K as you can.

They don't have to rush home because they get 2500 tickets and 70 full service hotel rooms for the team...so it basically equates to $200k plus

Dude just stop! When and how many times have you ever heard of a FCS opponent paying another FCS opponent $150k to play them let alone one just 2 hrs down the road.

And I'm not referring to the ones with a$20- $50 million budget pretending to be FCS.
I see what you did in there. True. True. True.

I agree with sujagtilidie. su is being pimped. Plus with concessions, parking and other costs, McNeese and the community could potentially accrue 600,000 dolllars in revenue.

And this comes from the same delusional fool who not long said we OWE them a return game basically for free. Now I see why a certain school's finances are upside down with 7-days of cash reserves. I guess the money SU made when they came to Baton Rouge doesn't matter. LMAO!!!

Dude, that's already been cleared up. You know in your heart of hearts that this deal is stupid. 150,000 dollars plus a few tickets you were supposed to get any how, while McNeese could potentially make five times what they're giving? I know you won't publicly admit it, but su is getting hoodwinked and them McNeese folks are privately laughing about it.
Your AD needs to have his head checked.

Last edited:
And this comes from the same delusional fool who not long said we OWE them a return game basically for free. Now I see why a certain school's finances are upside down with 7-days of cash reserves. I guess the money SU made when they came to Baton Rouge doesn't matter. LMAO!!!
Dude, had you read it correctly, you would've comprehended the fact that I prefaced my statement. Never mind that though, but you know yall getting pimped....FCS or not.

Dude, had you read it correctly, you would've comprehended the fact that I prefaced my statement. Never mind that though, but you know yall getting pimped....FCS or not.

It's a shame you can't spend just as much time as you do on here ranting and raving about SU instead of trying to financially bail out your broke ass school from financial catastrophe. This definitely can't be healthy on your part. JSU could be down to its last brick standing, but you will still be on here talking about how SU is getting pimped. LOL!!!

Last edited:
They don't have to rush home because they get 2500 tickets and 70 full service hotel rooms for the team...so it basically equates to $200k plus

Teams don't stay the night after games, they normally stay the night before a game.

Why do you need lodging if it's a short trip?

You don't want your team to have that bus lag when playing. You even have some schools that take their players to a hotel the night before a home game.

Teams don't stay the night after games, they normally stay the night before a game.

You don't want your team to have that bus lag when playing. You even have some schools that take their players to a hotel the night before a home game.
Some folks have no clue lol. I know SU stays off campus the night before home games.

Ain't nobody getting pimped. I just feel we should and could have gotten more money, especially when we will be at a competitive disadvantage, with the scholarship limitations for the next three years.

Ain't nobody getting pimped. I just feel we should and could have gotten more money, especially when we will be at a competitive disadvantage, with the scholarship limitations for the next three years.

So using your logic we should use all our OOC openings to play only in state FBS schools because of course their schedule has an open door policy just for us.

Smh

This deal is better than I expected. I had said in an earlier post that SU could ill-afford to play an OCC without a hefty guarantee. I felt that FCS schools could not afford to pay the guarantees that FBS schools could because of the small size of FCS stadiums, including McNeese's Cowboy Stadium. I was hoping for at least a $100,000 payday from McNeese, so I am thrilled that the payday will be double that amount. But its only fair! Truth is, SU will bring more than 10,000 fans to LC, and McNeese will do what ULM, Tech, ULL, and Tulane did when SU visited; raise their ticket prices to cover the cost of the guarantee. Louisiana Tech paid SU $350.000, and has already rescheduled us in 2018 for a guarantee of $375,000. Why do you think? It is because they want a packed house and the atmosphere that having 8 to 10 thousand visitors on your campus creates, and they are willing to raise the ticket prices a little to pay for it. McNeese will do the same. They already know of our reputation for traveling well, and they will install temporary risers everywhere they can put them to accommodate the SU faithful. SU will really be paying for its own guarantee.

This deal is better than I expected. I had said in an earlier post that SU could ill-afford to play an OCC without a hefty guarantee. I felt that FCS schools could not afford to pay the guarantees that FBS schools could because of the small size of FCS stadiums, including McNeese's Cowboy Stadium. I was hoping for at least a $100,000 payday from McNeese, so I am thrilled that the payday will be double that amount. But its only fair! Truth is, SU will bring more than 10,000 fans to LC, and McNeese will do what ULM, Tech, ULL, and Tulane did when SU visited; raise their ticket prices to cover the cost of the guarantee. Louisiana Tech paid SU $350.000, and has already rescheduled us in 2018 for a guarantee of $375,000. Why do you think? It is because they want a packed house and the atmosphere that having 8 to 10 thousand visitors on your campus creates, and they are willing to raise the ticket prices a little to pay for it. McNeese will do the same. They already know of our reputation for traveling well, and they will install temporary risers everywhere they can put them to accommodate the SU faithful. SU will really be paying for its own guarantee.
Why settle for $150,000 plus 2,500 tickets when we can get $350,000-$375,000 easily. Buisness is business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back