SU ink deal to play McNeese in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

su owed them a return game from 2004 if I'm not mistaken.

SU did not owe them a return game from 2004. SU exercised its buyout option and paid them the penalty buyout fee for the scheduled 2005 game. So this is a brand new contract having nothing to do with any previous engagement. As I've said before, the difficulty with playing McNeese is the small size of their stadium. They cant pay SU a $350,000 to $400,000 guarantee like the other FBS schools because their stadium cannot accommodate the demand created by the SU faithful. The days are long past where SU can play an OCC game without a hefty guarantee. When SU played at ULL in 2009 and 2014, the attendance 41,000 and 36,000, respectively. Similarly, 28,000 showed at La Tech in 2015 and 25,000 at ULM last year. These schools paid guarantees of 350,000 or more. McNeese cannot do the same, and, as a result, makes it difficult and extremely unlikely that any long term arrangement could be entered into with them

SU did not owe them a return game from 2004. SU exercised its buyout option and paid them the penalty buyout fee for the scheduled 2005 game. So this is a brand new contract having nothing to do with any previous engagement. As I've said before, the difficulty with playing McNeese is the small size of their stadium. They cant pay SU a $350,000 to $400,000 guarantee like the other FBS schools because their stadium cannot accommodate the demand created by the SU faithful. The days are long past where SU can play an OCC game without a hefty guarantee. When SU played at ULL in 2009 and 2014, the attendance 41,000 and 36,000, respectively. Similarly, 28,000 showed at La Tech in 2015 and 25,000 at ULM last year. These schools paid guarantees of 350,000 or more. McNeese cannot do the same, and, as a result, makes it difficult and extremely unlikely that any long term arrangement could be entered into with them

McNeese is not an FBS school and never have been

172d9d0dbf7052a49f7a1c4d4a664328.jpg
So instead of wishing our fellow SWAC brethen good luck, yall want to talk ish and try to clown them...

No wonder JSU the most hated SWAC school

imgres

Last edited:
Actually, McNeese was 1-A from 1975 to 1981, having played in 3 Independence bowls in 1976, 1979, and 1980. McNeese went 1-AA (FBS) along with the SLC in 1983.

Yeah so were we for a bit of time before the reorganization, but that's a far cry from today's standards of being an fbs .

Last edited:
I say its about time! Sick of hearing about how we were running from them when it was further from the truth. I hope this deal includes a return game. Mcneese is one of the very few fcs schools that brings a crowd

I say its about time! Sick of hearing about how we were running from them when it was further from the truth. I hope this deal includes a return game. Mcneese is one of the very few fcs schools that brings a crowd

Ahh no they don't the attendance was 18-20k when we played . Nothing spectacularly different than normal

Plus provide SU with 70 rooms at a full service hotel. Still smh at this deal. They should have paid us no less than $200,000 plus the hotels.

Dude just stop! When and how many times have you ever heard of a FCS opponent paying another FCS opponent $150k to play them let alone one just 2 hrs down the road.

And I'm not referring to the ones with a$20- $50 million budget pretending to be FCS.

Last edited:
Dude just stop! When and how many times have you ever heard of a FCS opponent paying another FCS opponent $150k to play them let alone one just 2 hrs down the road.

And I'm not referring to the ones with a$20- $50 million budget pretending to be FCS.
If you can play a FBS opponent for $250,00-$300,000, why play a FCS for $150,000. You know damn well every FBS in this state minus Lsu wants SU on their schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back