SU ink deal to play McNeese in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heck when was the last time they beat TNSU, SU, or Grambling? When was the last time they even won a football title? Yet they worried about us vs in-state schools. Need to be more worried about their football program finally halting the yearly beatings from 3 of their 4 rivals. lol
That's what the article is about.....McNeese and su. I merely asked, "when was the last time su beat an in-state school?" That's relevant to the title of the thread. Again, stay on point.

Dang. Just realized that Austin won't be there 2019. Who's the probable QB to lead that talented team?

Heck when was the last time they beat TNSU, SU, or Grambling in the same year? When was the last time they even won a football title? Yet they worried about us vs in-state schools. Need to be more worried about their football program finally halting the yearly beatings from 3 of their 4 rivals. lol
Fix it for ya

SU problems were due to Jindal's budget mess, which affected all public schools in Louisiana. JSU problems were due to a bunch of dumb azz Black folks who were living a pipe dream. If the Da Queen knew what she was doing, her azz wouldn't have left so fast without giving an explanation on what happen and we still have yet to hear her side of the story, which tells me she knew she screwed up. But I do hope Mr. Paige can turn thing around, because it's sad to see a SWAC school beg D2 schools for money games.

Rod Paige at JSU to make tough cuts: Hall
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...aige-jsu-tough-cuts-sam-hall-column/97054208/

JSU settles over mismanaged science grant funds
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...over-mismanaged-science-grant-funds/97342672/

All old.. especially the science funds.. that might even date back to Mason.. LOL you know him? smh

Dang. Just realized that Austin won't be there 2019. Who's the probable QB to lead that talented team?

Darquez Lee (R-Fr.) projects to be the starter after Austin. He is the No. 2 QB coming into the fall. You will see him this season in mop up duty unless Austin gets injured.

We will probably be senior laden on defense in 2019

It has been difficult for us to play at McNeese because of the small size of their stadium. I believe Cowboy Stadium seats about 15,600, which doesn't provide much seating for the large SU contnigent. I wonder if there is a small financial guarantee to play at McNeese? They will undoubtedly have to install temporary bleachers in both endzones to accommodate SU. In recent years, SU has played at Georgia, Tulane, ULL, ULM, and La Tech, and will play this upcoming season at Texas-SA and Southern Miss, all with stadiums with more than double the capacity of McNeese's stadium. With state cutbacks and the rising costs of college athletics, SU needs to make money off every game it plays. As a consequence, it is difficult for SU to play FSC schools in small stadiums, We most likely will not play again such FSC programs as Nichols, Southeastern, and Northwestern State.

Cowboy Stadium is the largest in the SLC at 17,610 permanent seats with room for another 4,400 more on the end zone grass berms. The fire marshal will let us accommodate apx 22,000 before they shut down ticket sales.

So we can accommodate about 7,000 more then your 15,600 guess from above.

http://mcneesesports.com/facilities/?id=7

Last edited:
Cowboy Stadium is the largest in the SLC at 17,610 permanent seats with room for another 4,400 more on the end zone grass berms. The fire marshal will let us accommodate apx 22,000 before they shut down ticket sales.

So we can accommodate about 7,000 more then your 15,600 guess from above.

http://mcneesesports.com/facilities/?id=7

@McTailgator notice that you didn't have to wait for hours for an approval of your post.

They were not mad at TP. I think it was the sight of JayRob and his posts.
What up JR? Just being consistent. Why would some expect anything different?
Besides, honesty should count for something.:snicker:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back