SU ink deal to play McNeese in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
LAKE CHARLES – The Southern Jaguars will be coming to Cowboy Stadium in 2019.

"With our commitment to broadening the Southern University athletics brand, traveling to Lake Charles to face McNeese State provides a unique opportunity to add a storied in-state football program to our 2019 schedule and expose Southwest Louisiana to Jaguar football and the Jaguar Nation," said Southern Interim Director of Athletics Roman Banks.

A contract was recently agreed upon, and signed, by both school’s athletic directors, that will have Southern playing in Lake Charles for the first time on Aug. 31, 2019.

“We’re excited to have such a great program come to Cowboy Stadium, in what will no doubt, draw a big crowd,” said McNeese Director of Athletics Bruce Hemphill. “It’s always great when you can get an in-state team like Southern to come to your place. With their large fan base and alumni numbers, it will make for an exciting atmosphere and more than likely a capacity crowd.”

McNeese visited Southern in 2004, beating the Jaguars 35-18 in the first-ever meeting between the two teams on the gridiron.

http://www.gojagsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=96902&DB_OEM_ID=28100&ATCLID=211523211

I guess ole sissy boy cowpoke will finally stop crying

Finally stopped running I guess.

But congrats to SU for scheduling a fellow FCS opponent. I wish the rest of us would do the same a lot more.

LAKE CHARLES – The Southern Jaguars will be coming to Cowboy Stadium in 2019.

"With our commitment to broadening the Southern University athletics brand, traveling to Lake Charles to face McNeese State provides a unique opportunity to add a storied in-state football program to our 2019 schedule and expose Southwest Louisiana to Jaguar football and the Jaguar Nation," said Southern Interim Director of Athletics Roman Banks.

A contract was recently agreed upon, and signed, by both school’s athletic directors, that will have Southern playing in Lake Charles for the first time on Aug. 31, 2019.

“We’re excited to have such a great program come to Cowboy Stadium, in what will no doubt, draw a big crowd,” said McNeese Director of Athletics Bruce Hemphill. “It’s always great when you can get an in-state team like Southern to come to your place. With their large fan base and alumni numbers, it will make for an exciting atmosphere and more than likely a capacity crowd.”

McNeese visited Southern in 2004, beating the Jaguars 35-18 in the first-ever meeting between the two teams on the gridiron.

http://www.gojagsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=96902&DB_OEM_ID=28100&ATCLID=211523211

I guess ole sissy boy cowpoke will finally stop crying

It has been difficult for us to play at McNeese because of the small size of their stadium. I believe Cowboy Stadium seats about 15,600, which doesn't provide much seating for the large SU contnigent. I wonder if there is a small financial guarantee to play at McNeese? They will undoubtedly have to install temporary bleachers in both endzones to accommodate SU. In recent years, SU has played at Georgia, Tulane, ULL, ULM, and La Tech, and will play this upcoming season at Texas-SA and Southern Miss, all with stadiums with more than double the capacity of McNeese's stadium. With state cutbacks and the rising costs of college athletics, SU needs to make money off every game it plays. As a consequence, it is difficult for SU to play FSC schools in small stadiums, We most likely will not play again such FSC programs as Nichols, Southeastern, and Northwestern State.

The size of the stadium would have very little to do with su playing McNeese. It was much more than that.
I guess somebody got tired of running.

As long as we are not travelling to Alabama to play D2 Tuskegee and calling it a classic game for recruiting. :confused: I guess when a school's finances are upside down with no cash reserves, everything becomes lucrative, including games against D2 opponents in their home state. Da Queen was good at everything else, except for balancing a simple check book.

Last edited:
It has been difficult for us to play at McNeese because of the small size of their stadium. I believe Cowboy Stadium seats about 15,600, which doesn't provide much seating for the large SU contnigent. I wonder if there is a small financial guarantee to play at McNeese? They will undoubtedly have to install temporary bleachers in both endzones to accommodate SU. In recent years, SU has played at Georgia, Tulane, ULL, ULM, and La Tech, and will play this upcoming season at Texas-SA and Southern Miss, all with stadiums with more than double the capacity of McNeese's stadium. With state cutbacks and the rising costs of college athletics, SU needs to make money off every game it plays. As a consequence, it is difficult for SU to play FSC schools in small stadiums, We most likely will not play again such FSC programs as Nichols, Southeastern, and Northwestern State.

They don't have to accommodate SU.

As long as we are not travelling to Alabama to play D2 Tuskegee and calling it a classic game for recruiting. :confused: I guess when a school's finances are upside down with no cash reserves, everything becomes lucrative, including games against D2 opponents in their home state. Da Queen was good at everything else, except for balancing a simple check book.

LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha

Really dude? you went to broke azz Southern and you taking about somebody's finances being upside down? Yours been upside down for how long? Also, NOTHING at JSU is upside down.... we spent cash. We had it.

The Queen knew what was going on... they board knew what was going on.. They approved all expenses.

But how did this get to be about JSU? I said congrats... dang! smh

LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha LOL hahahaha

Really dude? you went to broke azz Southern and you taking about somebody's finances being upside down? Yours been upside down for how long? Also, NOTHING at JSU is upside down.... we spent cash. We had it.

The Queen knew what was going on... they board knew what was going on.. They approved all expenses.

But how did this get to be about JSU? I said congrats... dang! smh

SU problems were due to Jindal's budget mess, which affected all public schools in Louisiana. JSU problems were due to a bunch of dumb azz Black folks who were living a pipe dream. If the Da Queen knew what she was doing, her azz wouldn't have left so fast without giving an explanation on what happen and we still have yet to hear her side of the story, which tells me she knew she screwed up. But I do hope Mr. Paige can turn thing around, because it's sad to see a SWAC school beg D2 schools for money games.

Rod Paige at JSU to make tough cuts: Hall
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...aige-jsu-tough-cuts-sam-hall-column/97054208/

"It's simple: The university's payables exceed the university's incomes and it leaves a gap, and because reserves have been spent down, there is no place to get resources to fill those gaps," Paige said. "So that leaves you with two options: reduce expenses or expand revenue in some way."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2017/01/20/jsus-paige-expenses/96836614/

JSU settles over mismanaged science grant funds
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...over-mismanaged-science-grant-funds/97342672/

*AHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

I have something for y'all, Jags....... cowboy's ass, Panther's fo... I mean JAGUAR'S FOOT ga'dammit lez get it!!!!!!!!! ::insert happy dance here::

Wear they ass out, Jags! Rooting HARD for you, as well as ALL SWAC vs OOC.

Y'all really butt hurt about TP saying congrats?? No, like dead ass? Lmao. Y'all folks really need help man lol.

Well, look who couldn't wait to show up. LOL!! Yall finally giving them folks a return game that was owed more than a decade ago.

SU problems were due to Jindal's budget mess, which affected all public schools in Louisiana. JSU problems were due to a bunch of dumb azz Black folks who were living a pipe dream. If the Da Queen knew what she was doing, her azz wouldn't have left so fast without giving an explanation on what happen and we still have yet to hear her side of the story, which tells me she knew she screwed up. But I do hope Mr. Paige can turn thing around, because it's sad to see a SWAC school beg D2 schools for money games.
Now how did this get from a sure McNeese whuppin to JSU's budget?
Ain't no way in hades can someone from su talk about a SWAC school's budget when theirs is in potentially worse shape. This includes budget cuts, layoffs, enrollment decline, in-house stealing and crumbling infrastructure. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

They don't have to accommodate SU.

Oh yes they do! All of the state universities in Louisiana schedule SU because of its large traveling fanbase. This makes SU very attractive; more so than any other HBCU! This is the very reason JSU or any other SWAC school would make it a point to schedule SU even after SU rotates off their schedules. Lets face it! SU provides a formidable opponent, a large, rabid, visiting fanbase, a tailgating scene unsurpassed by any other HBCU and most state universities, and the finest marching band on planet Earth. It is an undeniable fact that universities within a 500 mile radius of SU are falling over each other trying to schedule SU. We have so much to offer!. .

On another matter, hats off to JSU for defeating ULM in baseballl on yesterday here in Monroe by a score of 2 to 0. While listening to the nightly news, I heard the score mentioned and gave JSU a shout out!!!

Speaking of bending over, when was the last time su beat an in-state like ULM, ULL, McNeese? Don't answer that cause we already know. It's been almost 20 years.

Last edited:
Speaking of bending over, when was the last time su beat an in-state like ULM, ULL, McNeese? Don't answer that cause we already know. It's been almost 20 years.

Can you repeat that? You seem to be choking on their Nads right now. Which one did YOU attend? When was the last time YOUR school beat SU?

Can you repeat that? You seem to be choking on their Nads right now. Which one did YOU attend? When was the last time YOUR school beat SU?
Heck when was the last time they beat TNSU, SU, or Grambling? When was the last time they even won a football title? Yet they worried about us vs in-state schools. Need to be more worried about their football program finally halting the yearly beatings from 3 of their 4 rivals. lol

Heck when was the last time they beat TNSU, SU, or Grambling? When was the last time they even won a football title? Yet they worried about us vs in-state schools. Need to be more worried about their football program finally halting the yearly beatings from 3 of their 4 rivals. lol

It's just jayrob being jayrob. He'd side with Trump and the Neo-Nazi's if they played on Saturday against SU. Symptoms of a tiger scorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back