How to make the SWAC Tournament better

Well, I remember way back in the day. And I do mean waaayyyyy back in the day, like back when I was in school. The SWAC would have the quarterfinals on Friday, the semifinals were on Saturday and the finals were held Sunday.

Maybe the conference could consider that option. Not sure how that would impact the final game being on TV (ESPN), just a thought.
I think the finals were moved to Saturday to get the games on TV. Very few midmajor conferences play their championship games on Sunday.

Do not play the weekend before Spring break.

Texas Southern or PV play the 8:00 pm semi final. Toyota Center is to high for a lot of our fan base.

20.00 ticket price
10.00 parking
5.00 water
12.00 dry chicken sandwich
5.00 popcorn
6.00 peanuts

On Friday add another 20.00 as it was two sessions.

Do not play the weekend before Spring break.

Texas Southern or PV play the 8:00 pm semi final. Toyota Center is to high for a lot of our fan base.

20.00 ticket price
10.00 parking
5.00 water
12.00 dry chicken sandwich
5.00 popcorn
6.00 peanuts

On Friday add another 20.00 as it was two sessions.
That parking is the killer. I learned to park in the Toyota garage...at least the price is consistent whether finals day or not. Those lots around Toyota are bandits. One year on championship Saturday the lots around were charging 25 to 35 bucks.

There is nothing random about the top seeded school hosting. It's been done that way for decades
I said random because I meant random. I have no problem with the host being declared before the season. I am cool with the regular season champ hosting as well.

Well, I remember way back in the day. And I do mean waaayyyyy back in the day, like back when I was in school. The SWAC would have the quarterfinals on Friday, the semifinals were on Saturday and the finals were held Sunday.

Maybe the conference could consider that option. Not sure how that would impact the final game being on TV (ESPN), just a thought.

The SWAC was the last game played before Selection Sunday. Gonna be hard to try that now with the Ivy League having their tourney on Sunday and then the AAC plus 2 other title games on ESPN. Don't know about the ESPN contract but the only way I could see it happening on Sunday is moving it to NBCSN or FS1 but I doubt that happens since our great commissioner isn't into outside the box thinking

In my opinion the fans were 3/4 Texas Southern. Friday night media/fans were tweeting TSU's ticket to the tournament had already been punched. Alcorn fans had no reason to show up since they couldn't go to the tournament. Typically, whoever makes it to the championship game you would see a spike in attendance for those two schools. That didn't happen this year for obvious reasons.

Some of y'all are crazy to believe that the Swac B

Man Please !! Pv ain't never lead the conference in attendance with losing and winning seasons. If they ain't putting numbers up like Southern and j state they ain't putting no butts in the seats. Even alcorn lead the conference in attendance one year. Please !! Pv? LOL putting butts in the seats! Now Thats funny!

We talking about the championship game in basketball.....

I remember one of those years the conferance ran into a problem with getting a higher seed because the committee didn't do if this team wins they will go here or if that team wins they will go there and they just gave us the lowest seed.

In my opinion the fans were 3/4 Texas Southern. Friday night media/fans were tweeting TSU's ticket to the tournament had already been punched. Alcorn fans had no reason to show up since they couldn't go to the tournament. Typically, whoever makes it to the championship game you would see a spike in attendance for those two schools. That didn't happen this year for obvious reasons.

It wasn't obvious, stu fans haven't been good at attending their games on their own floor less attending the semi-final games and the finals. Alcorn could have still thrown a big wrench into it by winning the tournament and being the outright conference winners and stu being the conference representatives. Bragging rights would have gone a long way.

I hate to make comparisons, but does anyone know what the ticket prices were for the SLC tournament in Katy?

I have no dog in this hunt and am here to hear (read) everyone's ideas. I was BRIEFLY interested in PV M bball ONLY during Jerry Francis' first year and myself and 3 other PV folks were @ OU to watch us almost topple the then #4 team in the nation. THAT is when I became interested in PV M bball. The coaching + talented product on the floor + correct pieces playing together drew interest (and even drew a D-I FBS type school to our campus ; see then #17 txa&m bball coming to PV).

Ditto for bball w/ coach Cooper-Dyke led teams. Coaching + talented product on the floor + correct pieces playing together drew interest. Winning products w/ talented student-athletes and great bball atmosphere during home games. PV has historically-recently been a perennial M/W bball loser so the earned stigma of a loser doesn't draw interest, unless one wears purple/gold shades 24x7.

I don't know what to make of this shitty shit PV is fronting these days. smgdh Maybe the athletic director can tell us.

I hate to make comparisons, but does anyone know what the ticket prices were for the SLC tournament in Katy?

Reserved tickets for each session are $20 each, while general admission tickets are $15 apiece. Tickets for both the men’s and women’s championship games are $15 each for reserved seats and $10 each for general admission. Tickets for all men’s and women’s tournament games are available now at all Ticketmaster Outlets and Ticketmaster.com.

The tournament is being played at the Merrell Center in Katy for a 10th straight season.

Link w/ 411------> http://southland.org/news/2017/1/7/2017tickets.aspx?path=mbball

Back