How to make the SWAC Tournament better

Apparently 6k IS an accomplishment compared to the tumbleweeds tumbling around the Toyota Center.

Show me when the tournament in Bham was ever below 1000 with one of the in-state teams participating...
So then what happens when a situation like this season occurs where neither Bama school is in contention for a title? The decision is about the entire conference, not just the Bamas.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
So then what happens when a situation like this season occurs where neither Bama school is in contention for a title? The decision is about the entire conference, not just the Bamas.

That's why the decision was made to move it from Birmingham because it was so poorly support by the locals and it was just far for the majority of the conference to travel .

I can't find those archives as easily as I once could. It seems the conference doesn't value preserving out history as much anymore. But if you look up the ncaa records you would see some tournament finals that include all game totals with and avg attendance of about 1500 per game

If its not financially viable then just get rid of the tournament altogether and send the regular season champions to the NCAA's
Nah. Every other SWAC sport has a season ending championship. No need to deprive basketball players that experience.

Have the championship game at a truly neutral location or cancel the tournament altogether and reward the team with the most wins.

Have the championship game at a truly neutral location or cancel the tournament altogether and reward the team with the most wins.

Why what purpose would that serve other than to take it out of your conference footprints? That's sort of defeating the entire purpose of having a tournament .

Why what purpose would that serve other than to take it out of your conference footprints? That's sort of defeating the entire purpose of having a tournament .

New Orleans, Biloxi and Mobile are all in the gut of SWAC country.

So if there's shitty attendance everywhere it's held, why even have it?

1. You continue to attempt to have a conversation with me about something that I've said more than enough times I don't have an issue with. ATTENDANCE

2. If you don't know the reason of having a tournament than why......nevermind

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back