It's official: Southern University's Band IS IN A Financial Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Blacknbengal allow me to donate to one of your schools as well.

wooden-nickel.jpg
There's no need. We have our "new" wind suits. We Skrait!!!! How bout yall? Yall band out the red yet? You should be putting that one with the one I gave and rub them both together for your band.

There's no need. We have our "new" wind suits. We Skrait!!!! How bout yall? Yall band out the red yet? You should be putting that one with the one I gave and rub them both together for your band.

Nah playa, yall aint nowhere near "skrait." No need to save face. We know the deal. LOL I can find a couple of more pennies to help those J-Settes as well.

Don't want them to take their talents to Black Dia....OOOPS. My bad. lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Naw Bruh, we Skrait. If we wasn't, I wouldnt lie about it. No need. Just like its no need for you to be giving your wooden nickels away when it's "Captain Obvious" that your band is in dire need of them.

They finally searched and found our online giving site that they've probably been searching for as long as it's been up, which is years btw smh lol.

Negros forget we ain't the ones out here begging like that Food Stamp band from jaguar land.

Can we just donate our old wind suits to them? They can just put some tape over the "J" and have the "su" part showing. Never mind the colors, cause beggars can't be chosey anyway,

Then we don't have to see anymore "embarrassing" photos of male band members with their heads under other male's capes.

That's tradition down there, if you try removing those photos, that would be like removing the Confederate flag from the Statehouse in Mississippi.
mod.gif

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Which year? And where didn't we go?

BY LANCE FRANK

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Southern University's marching band, known as the Human Jukebox, is world-famous for its smooth sounds and high-stepping moves. But budget cuts have limited the band from traveling to away games with the football team.

Southern University was forced to cut the band's entire travel fund of about $120,000 because of state-wide budget cuts. The campus shaved nearly $18 million dollars from its budget this year.

The band has been absent from both away games this season, and the Human Jukebox will likely miss even more.

"When you see the Human Jukebox, it's like no other experience someone can experience," said Lawrence Jackson, director. "There will be good music, good marching, and a good show. There's no business like show business."

Jackson said the band is in dire need of funds to travel. Demetrius Sumner, the student body president, has offered some help by writing a $13,700 check that will send the band to this season's Jackson State game. The money came from student fees.

"I didn't even think twice about it," Sumner said.

But at this Saturday's match up in Huntsville against Alabama A&M University, an important piece of Southern University history was missing. Seats reserved for the band were empty. Athletic officials predict that trend will continue at future away games as long as the band is absent.

http://www.wafb.com/story/13220801/su-marching-band-struggling-to-make-away-games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back