It's official: Southern University's Band IS IN A Financial Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No complaints here, it's way past time for the Boom to pay the "Marching Storm" a visit!

Lol. Yall ain't going to PV. So forget that. No way any band over 200 can fit comfortably in Blackshear. But hey you will face another Juke trained band director if you dare to go down to PV.

The word is, That battle my not happen if JSU's President follows her first instinct! Now, doesn't that hurt so good?

Well. She can keep them home the whole weekend. No need of them having to witness that football arse kicking the Jags going to dish out.

Well. She can keep them home the whole weekend. No need of them having to witness that football arse kicking the Jags going to dish out.
I remember the last two times you said this when the game was in Scotlandville.

She can go ahead, we can sell those seats to the fans.

Lol. Yall ain't going to PV. So forget that. No way any band over 200 can fit comfortably in Blackshear. But hey you will face another Juke trained band director if you dare to go down to PV.
PVs home games will be at Waller ISD Stadium Blackshear is being renovated
Waller%20ISD%20Stadium.JPG

Like the poster said, SU band is moving on in. And away from support of the university, its nothing new, ALOT of premier bands fundraise its nthn new

Last edited:
Also its no secret that SU is second to last or even last when it comes to state funding among PUBLIC HBCUS
I will agree I blame SU
ADMINISTRATION but.also the state, when you rely on oil to bail u out, and then prices start to fall,which Obama made very clear he was going to do... and u really dont have any plan to recoup the revenue you lost.problems start building up, on the part of SU, everyone saw this coming and the administration did nothing, which put the university in its on financial problems, I do commend the school.now for finally stepping up its fundraising efforts, but haymer I think realized when he took over, SU.administration is building the scholarships and endowment for the school right now, and if he wants the band funded properly then he has to do.it himself

Great post x001. Why all of the sudden, there is an urgent need for instruments and scholarships at Southern? After what Haymer saw and heard in Jackson last year, Haymer knows the only way he can compete with Jackson State's band is to increase the size of Southern's band. Let's be real here, Jackson State blew Southern away. No Contest!

Great post x001. Why all of the sudden, there is an urgent need for instruments and scholarships at Southern? After what Haymer saw and heard in Jackson last year, Haymer knows the only way he can compete with Jackson State's band is to increase the size of Southern's band. Let's be real here, Jackson State blew Southern away. No Contest!
o_O:rolleyes:...these JStank folks never cease to amaze me in what they type...smh.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We haven't increased the size of our band since 2007. Heck the 2006 and 2007 bands were probably the largest our band has ever been. After those 2 years, our band has hovered around 210-215 for 7 straight years. Some of the brass sections got larger during those years, but the biggest increase was in woodwinds which was smart since we want to have a strong concert program too. I think that is pretty clear when you look at pre-2006 SU bands compared to 2006-present SU bands. We had like 2 piccolos and 2 clarinets back in the day, now we have 10-12 piccolos and 16-20 clarinets.

Last edited:

if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Yep... they have:

Band Uniform Fund
Band Windsuit Fund
J-Settes Fund
JSU Band Program Fund
JSU Band Scholarship Fund
Orchestra Fund

http://www.jsums.edu/giveonline/

They must not give since they don't know about all these fundraising efforts by THEIR band. LOL

But I thought.....

Never mind...LOL Had a moment. Now I will donate to that J-Sette legal defense fund.

Err...ummm, I mean the J-Sette fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back