My Bcf Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southernese has to be the best language in the world. It allows you to only look at the world thru light blue glasses. its amazing how a team that could barely get a first down, couldnt pass the ball to its star receiver, only scored off 2 turnovers, and received several unforced turnovers, can actually think they had the better team in a game that they lost by 22 points. Not 1 TD, not 2 Tds, but 3 Tds and some change but their team was just as good as the other team. You werent even in our league. We could have played you at the beginning of the year or the last game of the season, the results would have been the same.

And the previous games.....they could have gone either way huh? Oh well why dont I just color JSU the champs of the 99, 98, 97 since those games could have gone either way. It does work both ways right?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JAGWAR. We turn the ball over when we played Grambling and got our a** Whipped also when we play Bama St. We lost both of the games.

So tell me what teams dose not capitolizes on turnover, bad ones.
I admit, had that been an Su team that i Used to seeing> YOu would have beat us too. but instead you gave up over 30pts. Just let it go.

We gave you the ball Three times and you was not able to do anything with it. I dont know what game you was looking at in NO, but I know that was the worst SU team i have seen in years. So will you stop making excuss.

But don't you see, we actually agree. I'm not saying we weren't a BAD team, I'm saying that we both were BAD teams and your BAD team played better that day, that's all.

GR, my point is when yall beat us in '95 we had a better team. When we beat yall in '96 you had a better team, that's all.

PS. A BAD team shouldn't be able to beat a 3-time SWAC champion either. Something that you couldn't do. This is just my opinion, no smack intended.

Originally posted by Mike

Actually some of us have! Try again!

Nothing to try. You come to the JSU -vs- SU instead of watching your team and improving your saaaad attendance!

Thanks for putting it out there that you don't attend your own games!

Originally posted by Mike

Actually some of us have! Try again!

Yeah, there are always soooo many of you Bamers at the JSU - SU games. Man, I can't begin to imagine what the attendances would be like if yall were not showing up in those flocks!

:smh:

Originally posted by AAMU Alum
Obviously he hasn't been to one...as a fan, or to support his team for obvious reasons.

Ok, AAMU Alum I'll put it like this.

If Alabama State and AAMU fans made the first SCG so successful, why hasn't the attendance been the same since and Alabama teams have been playing for the title each year.

1999 SCG-47,621

2000 SCG-34,687 (a decline of almost 13,000 people and AAMU was the East representative)

2001 SCG-38,487 (only an increase of 3,000 and Alabama State was the East representative)

2002 SCG-23,727 (you've got to be kidding?!?! A 14,000 people decrease!!!) once again AAMU was the East representative

Now if AAMU and Bama State people were so instrumental in making the first SCG so successful, why hasn't the attendance been more like '99. It looks to me like the reason that the first SCG was so successful was because of the factors I listed in my previous post.
And if you really want to look at the attendance, there had been a decrease of at least 13,000 both times that AAMU has been in the SCG!! When A&M was there the first time, attendance dropped by 13,000. Bama State went the next year and attendance went back up. A&M went back and attendance went down again by 14,000!!

It looks to me like the people of Alabama don't support Alabama A&M!!!

why do you have holes all through your little theory!

okay 47,000 +++ attended the SCG.....to say that the number would have been that way without the Battle of The Bands and it being the first ever SCG is complete BS! Southern has a good fan base....Jackson State has a good fan base! okay that counts for somethin but I notice how you convienently look over the fact that those additional perks didnt have an influence on the attendance.....there were plenty of people who came to game too see the Bands....people were there to support there respective schools and also have the priviledge to say "hey I attended the first ever SCG"....ASU fans, AAMU fans, other SWAC fans who could "afford" to make the trip, football fans with no affiliation to the SWAC conference just there to see the BOTB weighed quite heavily on attendance....SU fan base + JSU fan base along with everyone who attended the game for the previously stated reasons contributed to the attendance being so high... the c**n acting "I really wanted to go to SU or JSU" people we have sprinkled at the traditional swac schools (who I have noticed since being in the SWAC) wouldn't have had that type of impact on the SCG

the whole shady, jealous and envy filled,COONISH phugged up thing about it is that the rest of the SWAC will rather watch the SCG fold then to support the game when there teams are not in it.....In the East The only school that has supported us when we go to the SCG is Bama State! dayum why doesnt that suprise me?

JSU has had the attitude of "phugg the game" we aint make it so we just gone stay here and not support the SCG!....

and yes the c**n acting schools like Alcorn(questionable fan base) and MVSU?(no fan base) will act like COONS and follow suit with the same jealous attitude like yall went to JSU or somethin!:confused:

as far as the WEST is concerned! No Comment forreal...I will say GSU fans need to stop shutting down shop after the SCG and travel to B-ham to see there team!...the lack of support has had such a negative impact on SCG attendance.....

in closing I could really care less about why yall hate AAMU being in the SCG...if you dont want to attend the game cuz we just got in the SWAC and already a contender every year thats fine with me....that just makes the Eastern Division Title and the SWAC Title even more sweeter! needless to say Alabama A&M aint going no where and will continue to rep the EAST thanks to great coaching of Anthony Jones.....

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior

2000 SCG-34,687 (a decline of almost 13,000 people and AAMU was the East representative)

2001 SCG-38,487 (only an increase of 3,000 and Alabama State was the East representative)

2002 SCG-23,727 (you've got to be kidding?!?! A 14,000 people decrease!!!) once again AAMU was the East representative

2000 - Of those 34, 687, approximately 28-30,000 were AAMU fans, students, alumni.

2001 - Of those 38, 487, approximately 30-34,000 were AlSU fans, students, alumni (a different team from the East...see where this is going?)

2002- Of those 23,727, approximately 21,000 were AAMU fans, students, alumni.

There were AAMU, AlSU and fans from nearly all SWAC schools at the first SCG because nearly every d@mned band from each school was there! There were those who cared less about who played in the game. They came to see THE BANDS!

You were quick to "ride" someone else's post about attendance. Well, if your team ever makes it to the SCG, we'll review your attendance numbers and see how they stack up!

Originally posted by jstate83

Nothing to try. You come to the JSU -vs- SU instead of watching your team and improving your saaaad attendance!

Thanks for putting it out there that you don't attend your own games!

My wife is a graduate of SU. So, that's why we went to that game. We actually were in town to visit my wife's family, also. Now what were you trying to say again?

It's no shame that we went to see that game and if I could fly back and forth from Houston to Huntsville every week my wife would tell you that I would.

When I lived in Alabama I never missed a a game no matter where we played. So, your theory is Bull!

Like I said try again.

Alcorn Warrior you were at the 1st SCG because you were in the band. I came to see a good game and watch the Battle of the band. I actually saw jsu choke for myself when it came to playing in post season play. The clowns were winning and let SU tear them up in the fourth quarter to win the game. Had you not been in the band, you wouldn't have been there.

We all know the first SCG game attendance was due to it being the 1st and the Battle of the Bands. Alot of people hadn't seen most of the SWAC bands and to see them all at once was a treat since you only had to pay 25 dollars for both. Think about that and get back to me.

All SU and JSU gotta do is win their division and we'll find out about SCG attendance...But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it. Neither team will be in the SCG for quite some time!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
When it comes to bands, I think that most people only really want to see JSU and SU anyway. Also people like to come to "events". They know that when schools that people have not only heard of but also bring their OWN fans, that it is going to be an event. Who wants to see a BAMA play? If JSU played Grambling, a lot more neutral fans would show up because they have heard of both schools.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
When it comes to bands, I think that most people only really want to see JSU and SU anyway. Also people like to come to "events". They know that when schools that people have not only heard of but also bring their OWN fans, that it is going to be an event. Who wants to see a BAMA play? If JSU played Grambling, a lot more neutral fans would show up because they have heard of both schools.

SWAC c**n-OLOGY 101

I tell you what TP....why doesnt JSU establish their own conference so they can play in SCC(sippi c**n conf) Championship! Yes it can be in Jackson and you can play it that friday before the SCG... yall can call it the c**n BOWL!

I must interject. The 1999 SCG was the 2nd Meeting that year between S.U. and JSU. THE 1999 SCG attendance was down from the first match in the regular season. The regular season game attendance was 55,000.

Also the 2000 regular season follow up game netted 48,000.

I did not put these numbers out here to insult anyone. Like BM said, all S.U & JSU needs to do is win. Common sense will tell you that S.U. & JSU has the largest fans base in the conference and that is the SCG best scenario. Having said that, the better product you put on the field the more apt attendance is to escalate

If we could only get the two teams to make it back, then maybe we could see if it holds true. But, because other teams like GSU, AAMU, and ASU have been able to make it there by winning the games that they are supposed to. We may not see it again. If it's still a bust I already know that you will cry about moving the game so that you can get more people to attend.

I wish the conference would've allowed every band in the SWAC to come to the game the previous year. Then we would get to see what the real difference would be. Maybe the next time that jsu and SU make it to the SCG we will get to see the outcome without the Battle of the bands.

Mike,

I look foward to that. Why did we need those other bands anyway. Well, Alcorn was pretty good that year but the others could have saved the SWAC a lot of money and stayed at home.

Originally posted by joeweb78

JROCK, ok we gave up 52 points to grambling, and did you forget how many you gave up to JSU. So dont talk about giving up points. and did AAMU score more points on you than any other swac team. We have 17 starters returning.

Tell me again way AAMU and Bama St should be before us.

His point was not about giving up points, it was about the status of his team when you all played them compared to the status of his team when they played GSU.

In both cases, JSU still sucks!!!

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97

His point was not about giving up points, it was about the status of his team when you all played them compared to the status of his team when they played GSU.

In both cases, JSU still sucks!!!

Because they are used to being at home during December, they don't understand that, Block. :smh:

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Mike,

I look foward to that. Why did we need those other bands anyway. Well, Alcorn was pretty good that year but the others could have saved the SWAC a lot of money and stayed at home. ]
How do you know????

The other bands didn't perform until AFTER the game. By then, your eyes were too full of tears to see.
:bawling::bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Common sense will tell you that S.U. & JSU has the largest fans base in the conference and that is the SCG best scenario.
hmmmmmmm, interesting considering that ASU had more fans there than either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back