My Bcf Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

BISON-2K1

1.GSU-last year was a rebuilding year and they hardly missed a beat.The G-men will be lethal offensively with my favorite for player of the year Bruce Eugene back to lead the offense.These guys seem to always find players and they are stacked with talent at just about every position.They should be better defensively now that the unit has had a season to gel.Doug is a proven winner and knows how to coach so the G-men should be raising the SCG trophy once again.

2.BCC-the Wyatt bone took BCF by storm last year as the cats ran off an impressive 11-2 record.The cats lose all everything db Rashean Mathis but they have had some solid recruiting classes.They excorcised their rattler demons last season but now they have a everyone in the MEAC gunning for them.Another plus for the cats was the ability to win on the road against SCSU and A&T.I expect the Wildcats to win the MEAC crown again with a combination of experience and talent.

3.JSU- once again the Tigers are loaded and Robert Kent will have plenty of weapons at his disposal.If they have improved their coaching at all it will bode well for JSU and the Tiger faithful.JSU has a solid def coordinator in Greg Johnson who has had a full season to groom his talented defensive unit so they should improve in that category.The key will be in the ability of the new coaching staff to groom Kent into a qb who uses more than raw talent to win games.Kent has to cut down on his mistakes if JSU is to get to Birmingham.He can win or lose a game with his arm which was demonstrated in the A&T game.Special teams will need to improve dramatically as well.

4.SU- The Jags can get back to their winning ways if they can find some consistency at the qb position.SU was an impressive 5-1 in their last 6 games with a big win over GSU at the Bayou Classic.The defense looked like the SU defense of the 90's during their championship years. Richardson has brought in some good local talent the last 3 years giving the Jags a nice combination of youth and experience.

5.SCSU-Buddy ball took the MEAC by storm last year as the dogs quickly asserted themselves as a contender for the MEAC crown but they slipped during the latter portion of the schedule.In spite of a late season collapse the dogs are primed for another champioship run.If a qb can emerge then the dogs will win 9-10 games next season otherwise it will be another 7 win season.

6.HIU- The Pirates have been a consistent 7-4 team the last 4 seasons so they are due for a big year.The question is can they do it with all of the coaching defections.Joe Taylor should have his team in the hunt for the MEAC crown but they will need to play better defensively.I think that the Pirates will have at least 2 big wins in the conference but they need to play better on the road and win the close ones ie Alcorn and SCSU.

7.FAMU- Billy Joe will be looking to get the GCO back on track in 2003 but the biggest concern should be the Dline.FAMU continues to struggle against good running teams and teams that can stop the pass.If FAMU can establish balance on offense and get the defense to bend and not break they will win 8 gamesnext year.

8.AAMU-The dogs will once again boast one of the best defensive units in all of BCF but they had better find an offense if they want to win the SCG.I expect the dogs to pound it out on the ground and use a short passing game.Iexpect them to challenge JSU in the east for a birth in the SCG.

9.MSU-No longer the bad news bears these cubs have grown up.The key to building on last year's success will be in their ability to score with their fast paced offense.They ahve speed at all of the skill positions but the question is will their defense get better?If they can play better defensively they will win 8 games or more but they are not gonna sneak up on anyone this upcoming season.

10.NCA&T- The aggies under new head coach George Small will make some noise this upcoming season.This is the same man took a mediocre DII KSU and made tham a respectable SIAC team.He has loads of young talent that saw plenty of action last year.If he can get these young men to play disciplined sound fundamental football then the Aggies could shock the MEAC.They will need to get off to a quick start with road trips to Jackson,DC,and Daytona Beach.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Can I say something?

Why do people always say that SU turned it around at the end of the season. The only reason that happens is they play losers on the second half of their schedule and some patsy for homecoming. So going 5-1 at the end of last season, losing to the only good team they played, Alcorn, means nothing.

They start off slow cause all of their competition is at the beginning of the year.

I hope SU fans arent constantly falling for this....the SU folks I know are smart.

If you guys were to flip your schedule, you would go 5-1 at the beginning of the season, and 1-5 at the end.

No smack intended....I just had to get that off my chest.

Nice accessment...

kinda weak at the end....but picking 10 good BCF teams is hard.

FAMU #7? Hmmmmm?

Originally posted by Get Ready
Nice accessment...

kinda weak at the end....but picking 10 good BCF teams is hard.

FAMU #7? Hmmmmm?

I agree with you GR. I dont see NCA&T in the top ten but over it is pretty good.

GR,

We lost to some very good teams early on because of a huge rash of injuries. J State was not a better ball club than S.U. last year. Your team was just in the right place on the schedule last year. Dont look for the same luck this year. You will encounter a well oiled machine at Mumford East much to your chagrin!

BTW,

Didn't Grambling score 52 points on your club. I would have never ranked Jstate ahead of Bama St or AAMU

I am really hoping for the ultimate clash of the titans in SCG 4 with JSU and SU. FOr the sake of saving the SCG these two teams must come back. I mean you would have the best attended championship, since the first one between these two giants. JSU leads the nation in attendance, with SU right behind them and then you have america's best bands and the best two dancing troupes in the swac or ncaa.. Who agree with me on this topic.

Jrock I saw the SU JSU game and JSU was the better team they dominated you guys.SU will be better this year in my honest opinion but you had better settle that qb situation.

Bluenation, the only reason the attendance was great at the first SCG is that AAMU and AlSt Fans were in attendance. It was not about SU and JSU it was the beginning. Our fans still attend the game but if most of you are not playing you will not come.

Come on now md, I'm not trying to smack, but I have seen aamu
's home attendance (pv=3,000 fans, etc) Your home attendance is horrible, except for the TNSU game. JSU and SU fans will go to anywhere to see their teams. JSU and SU fans covered both sides of legion field in 99, I know I was all of the blue/white and blue/gold. Numbers speaks for themselves the jags and tigers will always dominate in attendance, anywhere.

Originally posted by JROCK
GR,

We lost to some very good teams early on because of a huge rash of injuries. J State was not a better ball club than S.U. last year. Your team was just in the right place on the schedule last year. Dont look for the same luck this year. You will encounter a well oiled machine at Mumford East much to your chagrin!

BTW,

Didn't Grambling score 52 points on your club. I would have never ranked Jstate ahead of Bama St or AAMU

JROCK, ok we gave up 52 points to grambling, and did you forget how many you gave up to JSU. So dont talk about giving up points. and did AAMU score more points on you than any other swac team. We have 17 starters returning.

Tell me again way AAMU and Bama St should be before us.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Bluenation, the only reason the attendance was great at the first SCG is that AAMU and AlSt Fans were in attendance. It was not about SU and JSU it was the beginning. Our fans still attend the game but if most of you are not playing you will not come.

Come on MD, you can't possibly believe this yourself. If that was the case, then why haven't the last 3 SCGs had similar turnouts? When SU and JSU made it to the first SCG, that was going to be a guaranteed sellout. Over the past 4 or 5 years, the SU-JSU matchup has become one of the biggest in the SWAC.
When I looked around that stadium, I only saw 2 sets of fans: those wearing SU colors and those wearing JSU colors. AAMU and Alabama State fans won't come to support their team in the SWAC Championship. You know they weren't the sole reason why the SCG was so successful in the first year. Here are the real reasons:

1. The teams that played in the Championship and thier fan base.

2. The fact that there was a battle of the bands after the game (there were a lot more folks there for that than you might think).

3. People that showed up because it was a new event and they just wanted to be there.

There was more than AAMU and Alabama State fans that were there and that's why it was so successful!!

Warrior, thank you for speaking the truth, Alcorn peeps are fair when it comes to given props. Alcorn has a good fan base also. They just need to get rid of that coach and win more games and I'm sure those brave faithfuls will show up. Remember Alcorn won the national attendance a couple of times also. As of this year's JSU is # 1 in attendance, SU is # 4 and Alcorn is #9. Not bad. I don't think aamu will win an attendance award. All of their home games never draw over 10,000 at louis crewd stadium.

Originally posted by BISON-2K1
1.GSU-last year was a rebuilding year and they hardly missed a beat.The G-men will be lethal offensively with my favorite for player of the year Bruce Eugene back to lead the offense.These guys seem to always find players and they are stacked with talent at just about every position.They should be better defensively now that the unit has had a season to gel.Doug is a proven winner and knows how to coach so the G-men should be raising the SCG trophy once again.

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT!!!!

Bison,

Go back and read my post. What you saw is S.U. improvising on the offensive line, defensive players out and a qb musical chairs due to injuries. I repeat jsue was not a better football club than S.U. This is the cost one pays when you open up the season with a 1-A bowl team and a top 15 1-AA team and show up. In contrast you have a jsue team that does not COMPETE against USM and plays a weak 2-9 TNST team. Results, no serious injuries. Football is a game of attrition. You can be assured that S.U. will terrorize the SWAC this fall and it has little to do with your analogy.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
AAMU and Alabama State fans won't come to support their team in the SWAC Championship.
:smh::smh:

Just how many SCG have you been to?

If you've been to more than one, then you wouldn't make that kind of statement.

bluenation,
More "riding" from you.
Not surprised.

As far as these rankings,
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by mighty hornet

:smh::smh:

Just how many SCG have you been to?

If you've been to more than one, then you wouldn't make that kind of statement.

bluenation,
More "riding" from you.
Not surprised.

Obviously he hasn't been to one...as a fan, or to support his team for obvious reasons.

"Big Shirley" is simply doing what she does best...or should I say...MOST!

:smh: again and again!

Originally posted by MightyDog
Bluenation, the only reason the attendance was great at the first SCG is that AAMU and AlSt Fans were in attendance.

I guess the Bama fans attend the JSU - SU games in Jackson and New Orleans too huh?

Bison,

Go back and read my post. What you saw is S.U. improvising on the offensive line, defensive players out and a qb musical chairs due to injuries. I repeat jsue was not a better football club than S.U. This is the cost one pays when you open up the season with a 1-A bowl team and a top 15 1-AA team and show up. In contrast you have a jsue team that does not COMPETE against USM and plays a weak 2-9 TNST team. Results, no serious injuries. Football is a game of attrition. You can be assured that S.U. will terrorize the SWAC this fall and it has little to do with your analogy.

Man you got more excuses that a brotha in jail. This game wasnt remotely close and you know it. You are going to have a hard time convincing even Jag fans that your team, that lost by 3 TDs, even though JSU fumbled the ball 5 times, and the Jags barely crossed th e 50, was better than JSU. That was a joke of a game.

Let me use an excuse. If we had a coach worth a damn, we woulda scored 50.

And tell me, who on your defense was injured before that game?

Originally posted by Get Ready

Man you got more excuses that a brotha in jail. This game wasnt remotely close and you know it. You are going to have a hard time convincing even Jag fans that your team, that lost by 3 TDs, even though JSU fumbled the ball 5 times, and the Jags barely crossed th e 50, was better than JSU. That was a joke of a game.

Let me use an excuse. If we had a coach worth a damn, we woulda scored 50.

And tell me, who on your defense was injured before that game?

Our 2nd team hell you to a 14-14 half time score.........You're going to learn.......

Our 2nd team hell you to a 14-14 half time score.........You're going to learn.......

Yeah....you held us to 3 fumbles in the red zone. Man please.

The Jaguar qb position will be SOLID next season . That's the position that hurt us the most last year along with injuries on the offensive line. I will say this about J-State, they were playing much better football at the time when we played but they are not a better football team. Good championship teams don't turn the ball over like that. The other two wins that they had were games that could have gone either way. But a loss is a loss. I can take winning and losing like a MAN.

There will be know excuses this season on the Bluff. The JAGS will definitely be a TOP TEN team this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back