How will this affect SU and Grambling?

The sad part is LSU peeps not mad at Jindal they mad at JBE talking about he's not welcome at LSU

Just like crazy White folks, blaming the person who only shows them the reality of things. It's similar to how they started acting after Beyonce' released her new music video before the Super Bowl.

To be honest with you, a lot of jokers living in those new affordable housing in Lower Third come from places like Ferriday, LA. I believe the government was trying relocate them to a place with a better standard of living with clean and lead free potable water, but like the old saying goes, "you can take jokers out of the country, but you can't take the country out of them".
Naw, the lower third is ALL Alec folks. Throwed and everthing.

Naw, the lower third is ALL Alec folks. Throwed and everthing.

I understand why you see things the way you do. After growing up drinking water with lead in it, I guess you see everyone as being thrown off, except those who drank the same lead poison water as you did.

Last edited:
It really shouldn't take that long once they establish the right revenue source and cut a lot of those corporate giveaways. I'll say in 2 to 3 years. Louisiana still has a high gross state product (gsp) for a small state. It is that Jindal decided to give away more than the state could produce along with his crazy political agenda that cost the state even more money.

I say 20 because so much was cut over the last 8 years that 10 years will not higher education back to budgetary point it once was. There are people in Lincoln Parish applying for jobs at other universities as we speak.

My concern is how will this affect property taxes and millage rates of parishes. The Town of Grambling has the highest millage rate in the parish and if the student population goes down, business sales will drop, forcing closures and there will be an increase in those taxes. In Grambling and Ruston the student population is an important commodity. The next few months will have a story to tell.

I say 20 because so much was cut over the last 8 years that 10 years will not higher education back to budgetary point it once was. There are people in Lincoln Parish applying for jobs at other universities as we speak.

My concern is how will this affect property taxes and millage rates of parishes. The Town of Grambling has the highest millage rate in the parish and if the student population goes down, business sales will drop, forcing closures and there will be an increase in those taxes. In Grambling and Ruston the student population is an important commodity. The next few months will have a story to tell.

It shouldn't take that long once they figure out the different revenue sources. All this means is that the state is spending more than it generates, which could be a problem once all bills are due at one time..If they come up with a $1 billion dollar revenue source this year, they would only need to come up with $1 billion dollars revenue source for next year, since they have closed this year's gap. Once the amount of money that is due is paid off, Louisiana will have a $2 billion dollar revenue source to do as they please. And if they are able to eliminate some of those corporate tax giveaways, they would not need such a large amount ($2 billion dollars) as a new revenue source to close the deficit gap. The problem is, crazy White folks in Louisiana don't want to pay any additional taxes. Folks in Louisiana are damn near paying nothing compared to other states when it comes to license plate renewal for their vehicles. $20 per year or $40 every 2 years is nothing compared to most states. The average person in Virginia pays around $200 dollars per year in personal property taxes for their cars and that doesn't include the $40 per year to renew their car tags. Former Virginia's Republican Governor Jim Gilmore tried to eliminate Virginia's car tax and that didn't workout too well. Since then, Virginia has been a purple state with mostly Democratic Governors.

In his first year as Governor, Gilmore pushed for car tax reduction legislation that was eventually passed by the Democratic-controlled General Assembly. The legislation reduced car taxes on all cars valued less than $1,000, and phased out the tax on auto values over $1,000 as follows: 12.5% reduction in 1998; 25% reduction in 1999; 47.5% reduction in 2000; 70% reduction in 2001; 100% reduction in 2002. Beginning in 2001, Virginia's economy slowed and tax revenues flattened. In addition to a downturn in the national economy in 2001, Northern Virginia's economy was severely impacted after terrorists flew a hijacked airplane into the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, on September 11, 2001, resulting in the closure of Reagan National Airport for several months. Despite the economic upturn, Gilmore insisted on advancing the car tax phase out from a 47.5% reduction of each taxpayer's bill in 2000 to the scheduled 70% reduction in 2001. Gilmore signed an executive order, which was passed by Congress, reducing state spending by all agencies, except for education, to keep the state's budget balanced during the economic downturn. Democrats criticized the spending reductions and car tax cut. According to the Washington Post, "Virginia's politicians struggled to balance car-tax relief against demands for public services."[7] When Gilmore left office in January 2002, the state's "rainy day fund," or revenue stabilization fund, had fallen to $900 million.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gilmore

Last edited:
It shouldn't take that long once they figure out the different revenue sources. All this means is that the state is spending more than it generates, which could be a problem once all bills are due at one time..If they come up with a $1 billion dollar revenue source this year, they would only need to come up with $1 billion dollars revenue source for next year, since they have closed this year's gap. Once the amount of money that is due is paid off, Louisiana will have a $2 billion dollar revenue source to do as they please. And if they are able to eliminate some of those corporate tax giveaways, they would not need such a large amount ($2 billion dollars) as a new revenue source to close the deficit gap. The problem is, crazy White folks in Louisiana don't want to pay any additional taxes. Folks in Louisiana are damn near paying nothing compared to other states when it comes to license plate renewal for their vehicles. $20 per year or $40 every 2 years is nothing compared to most states. The average person in Virginia pays around $200 dollars per year in personal property taxes for their cars and that doesn't include the $40 per year to renew their car tags. Former Virginia's Republican Governor Jim Gilmore tried to eliminate Virginia's car tax and that didn't workout too well. Since then, Virginia has been a purple state with mostly Democratic Governors.

They are not going to eliminate the corporate tax giveaways...companies would literally leave and those employed would suffer. Don't just blame it on crazy white folks. All races do not want to pay extra taxes.

I won't feel sorry or pity for GSU nor SU Football....

I have told you all time and time and time and time and time what the both of you need to do Football-wise to get yourself right. But for some reason, you all think playing a football game in New Orleans, LA is better than playing a Football Game on each other's campuses as HBCUs.

Would it packed? Yes, it would be. Get your butt in your RVs and/or vehicles Bright and Early or the day before the game to get on campus early to get your spot. You take pride in your campus and stadiums being packed (not to mention your playing your longtime rival).

But, my hands are washed and I only pray the Lord guides the Blind to the Light before it's too late.

This has nothing to do with The Bayou Classic man.

Last edited:
They are not going to eliminate the corporate tax giveaways...companies would literally leave and those employed would suffer. Don't just blame it on crazy white folks. All races do not want to pay extra taxes.

A lot of companies are there due to corporate giveaways, providing that they employ so many Louisiana natives, which some still have yet to fulfill. It has been proven that Louisiana is paying out more in corporate giveaways than it is receiving in taxes that those companies supposed to have generated, which is bad for business. The state needs to do a complete assessment on corporate giveaways and determine which companies are holding up their end of the bargain and for those that are not, the state needs to discontinue any future payments and request that they pay back any past payments. Louisiana needs to reverse the CORPORATE WELFARE trend that was created by Jindal.

Last edited:
Something for us to keep our eyes on concerning the UL System:

Even in best case, Nicholls may close temporarily
http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/news/2016/02/15/even-best-case-nicholls-close-temporarily/80403372/
"I told them in no uncertain terms this is unacceptable," said Chabert, a member of the Joint Legislative Budget Committee that will help determine the scope of the midyear cuts. "It's financially impossible for Nicholls to be in a worse financially position that Grambling (State University).

That statement about Gram. Wow. We already know what they think of us and our schools but for them to just come out and basically say it bothers me. I hope the school not only closes but burns to hell. All them darn white folk schools matter fact.

The sad part is LSU peeps not mad at Jindal they mad at JBE talking about he's not welcome at LSU

Of course because it punches a whole in the conservative principles talking point.
Jindal is a prime example of what unchecked conservatism can do to this country. The guy literally operated without conscience and foresight. Him and his supporters have been a complete travesty to the state of Louisiana.

The saddest thing about all of this is how this has shown just how expensive racism is in that state and America in general. These folks are dead set on destroying even themselves and what they love just to harm some black people. Just outright refuse to do what's best for all smh.

That statement about Gram. Wow. We already know what they think of us and our schools but for them to just come out and basically say it bothers me. I hope the school not only closes but burns to hell. All them darn white folk schools matter fact.

They should close Nicholls just because who it was named after. Francis T. Nicholls was a racist Confederate General during the Civil War. IMO, all monuments that honor the defunct Confederacy should be completely eradicated. Nicholls State University is the only state university that is named in the honor of a Confederacy General in Louisiana.
Francis Redding Tillou Nicholls was born on August 20, 1834, in Donaldsonville, Ascension Parish. After his graduation from West Point in 1855, he practiced law in South Louisiana. During the Civil War he rose to the rank of brigadier general. His battlefield wounds cost him his left arm and foot and he was a prisoner of war. After the war he returned to his law practice in Napoleonville.

http://www.nicholls.edu/about/history-and-traditions/

Last edited:
They should close Nicholls just because who it was named after. Francis T. Nicholls was a racist Confederate General during the Civil War. IMO, all monuments that honor the defunct Confederacy should be completely eradicated. Nicholls State University is the only state university that is named in the honor of a Confederacy General in Louisiana.

Only place I played where you heard them talking about black folks...Saying HBCU's should be closed - this was as recent as 2004 while we were playing Nicholls.

Only place I played where you heard them talking about black folks...Saying HBCU's should be closed - this was as recent as 2004 while we were playing Nicholls.
I'm from Thibodaux. The city has a lot of blacks but has a lot of racists. I see it all the time in the comments made on FB. Crazy thing is... their daughters and sisters love black dudes. Some of the most racist white dudes sisters and daughters were passed around by brothers in high school.

Back