How will this affect SU and Grambling?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Y'all really talking about subsidies in light of this news?

Sometimes you have to simply SYH and read, while not commenting, which is what I was doing before I responded to your post.

me-> SMH :( Lawdy lawdy lawdy... *going to look @ the 2 live cams on our new stadium, soccer complex, tennis courts, and track & field venue*

Dude, you Louisiana folks continue to face drama after drama. Now that Jindal's gone, you STILL got major problems involving huge budget cuts.
Heck, I thought Mississippi had major budget problems, but the way some of yall are talking, Louisiana has more problems.

It hasn't been a month since Jindal left office, but somehow things should be fine now with Governor Edwards as Louisiana's governor. One good thing, Louisiana has finally made the decision to get on the right track, the State of Mississippi has yet to do that. IMO, in 2 to 3 years, Louisiana will be a lot better off with a governor making sensible decisions, whereas Mississippi will still have the same trickle-down theory type conservative governor running/ruining the state.

Last edited:
What does JSU and Alcorn have to do with this? Nothing. Just because someone from said schools makes a comment on a specific subject, what does that have to do with the school they attended? Nothing.

And besides, I said the communities benefit.....and that IS a fact. Those communities would benefit tremendously during that weekend, but instead, New Orleans benefits.
That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Louisiana facing a near $1 billion deficit this fiscal year and $2 billion the fiscal year in no way would be affected by moving a successful neutral site game to a home-home series. Also please ask why Florida-Georgia and Texas-Oklahoma continue to play at a neutral site for their annual match up? Wouldn't their communities benefit from having the game in their community too?

Y'all really talking about subsidies in light of this news?

Yes....It's our way of showing some idiot how fragile most HBCUs athletic revenues are. I suggest you go back and read the whole thread, which should enlighten you on how we got to subsidies.

Last edited:
Let me tell you a fantastical story that I heard recently. The storyteller swears it’s true.

As the story goes, back in medieval times there was a grand young man, El Bob the Lack-of-Heart, who became Prince of Lardzanna, an unusual realm in the southern countryside.

When El Bob took over Lardzanna, he was giddy with excitement when his treasurer told him that Lardzanna’s former leader, Lady Kathleen of Castile, had left the realm a room full of gold. The treasurer told El Bob that some of the gold reserve was built on an assessment of the realm’s lords and nobles.

The gold was used to support the kingdom’s great educational institutions and to help the old and sick. The lords and nobles complained about the assessment.

El Bob eliminated the assessment, saying it kept the nobles from flourishing. Some warned that eliminating the assessment would be a bad idea. El Bob threatened them with expulsion. They cowered and scampered way.

Then came better news for El Bob. A great flood had washed even more gold into the realm. El Bob gave more gold to the lords and nobles, saying it would pay off with more gold in the end. It didn’t.

Soon the realm’s gold started to dwindle. Some in the royal court grumbled. El Bob silenced them by threatening to give them less gold for their people.

The gold continued to dwindle. So, El Bob started selling off parcels of the realm. He let some snake-oil salesmen take over the operation of some of the realm’s operations. He also reduced the gold that once went to great schools and healers.

Critics suggested that he bring back the assessment on the lords. They scampered away again, even before he turned his attention on them.

Later, El Bob decided he wanted to be king of all the land. El Bob said the current king, Barack-of-Obamas, was responsible for everything that had gone wrong in every realm.

Hoping for financial support in his quest to be king, El Bob swore an oath, to one of the richest lords in the world, that he would never, no matter the circumstances, assess a gold tax to help pay the kingdom’s bills.

El Bob went on a three-year expedition seeking support to become king. But he found that people liked his opponents. He tried yelling at the opponents, but they didn’t run and hide like his officials in Lardzanna.

Back in Lardzanna, the people were clamoring because Lardzanna couldn’t pay its bills to the debt collector, Paul the Great. So El Bob began to sell off parts of his realm. Then, he got his magician — he would have several of them during his reign — to make it look like things were better than they were.

El Bob finally admitted he had no chance to be king. He returned to Lardzanna to find there was not enough gold to pay the bills. Making matters worse, Sirs Exxon-Mobilus, Shellus and Dowsus had fallen on hard times. They could not deliver large amounts of gold to the realm as they had in the past.

Even the scribes had gotten embolden to write negative tales about him. El Bob called back his new magician who told him to say three times, “It’s fixed, it’s fixed, it’s fixed,” and the people of the land would believe him.

El Bob declared everything fine and walked away.

The new leader, Sir Jon of Bel, found that Lardzanna owed Paul a lot more gold than the El Bob had let on. Peter had nothing left for him to rob.

Also, some of the lawmakers, who cowered in the presence of El Bob, were now demanding they have a say in Jon of Bel’s solutions to the disaster they didn’t have the courage to stop.

The words on the last few pages of the story were hazy. It will take awhile to read the next few chapters on whether Jon of Bel was able to solve the situation.

Personally, I don’t believe anything like this ever happened. It couldn’t have.

Edward Pratt, a south Louisiana freelance writer, can be reached through epratt1972@yahoo.com

Just by the large amount of subsidies /welfare some of these peasants are receiving, they better hope they never get a giddy El Bob type to rule over their countryside. LOL!!!

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Louisiana facing a near $1 billion deficit this fiscal year and $2 billion the fiscal year in no way would be affected by moving a successful neutral site game to a home-home series. Also please ask why Florida-Georgia and Texas-Oklahoma continue to play at a neutral site for their annual match up? Wouldn't their communities benefit from having the game in their community too?
So cause White folks do it, it's right? Oh, ok.

SMH....Louisiana will take 20 years to get back up to par.

It really shouldn't take that long once they establish the right revenue source and cut a lot of those corporate giveaways. I'll say in 2 to 3 years. Louisiana still has a high gross state product (gsp) for a small state. It is that Jindal decided to give away more than the state could produce along with his crazy political agenda that cost the state even more money.

I'm sure JSU could really use a boost in its athletic revenues by playing Howard in DC.
Dude, you're late. I think we played Howard in Florida. Or maybe it was Hampton. In any case, BH123 is only trying to help YALL schools. BH123 knows what he's talking about. He needs a medal or award.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Dude, you're late. I think we played Howard in Florida. Or maybe it was Hampton. In any case, BH123 is only trying to hell YALL schools.

You meant TELL? Are you from the Ferriday. Like Flint, the water in Ferriday leaves rust stains in tubs. I'm sure lead poison could be a problem there.

No more problem than Alec drinking that "Red River" water.

Now I know you don't know what you are talking about. Alexandria main water source comes from a huge well field that is located just south of the city near the town of Woolworth, LA. Maybe you should understand how Jindal has reduced the budget for such things as the health and safety requirements for you and your folks in Ferriday, LA. Also, lead poisoning is irreversible, which explains why a lot of folks in the area you are from seems a little off.

Also, just to help Ole Bean out on where the City of Alexandria gets its water from, here's a little something from its website:
The Water Department monitors, inspects, repairs and maintains 55 to 65 water wells, 22,733 water meters, 2,500 inch miles of water mains, over 2,300 fire hydrants, 7 pump stations, 10 water reservoirs and delivers an average of 25 million gallons of water to its customers each day. In performing this task, approximately 34 corrective work orders are completed each day.

https://www.cityofalexandriala.com/water-distribution-production

Unlike Ferriday, LA, the City of Alexandria doesn't get its water from the Red River, but if they did, they would know how to treat it properly to make it safe to drink for human consumption without any lead in it.

Last edited:
Now I know you don't know what you are talking about. Alexandria main water source comes from a huge well field that is located just south of the city near the town of Woolworth, LA. Maybe you should understand how Jindal has reduced the budget for such things as the health and safety requirements for you and your folks in Ferriday, LA. Also, lead poisoning is irreversible, which explains why a lot of folks in the area you are from seems a little off.

Also, just to help Ole Bean out on where the City of Alexandria gets its water from, here's a little something from its website:

Unlike Ferriday, LA, the City of Alexandria doesn't get its water from the Red River, but if they did, they would know how to treat it properly to make it safe to drink for human consumption without any lead in it.
Still don't explain why your people in Alec (especially Lower 3rd) is throwed off. I guess that's the way yall was raised.

LSU peeps really upset about this lol, They see how Gram and SU feel now. Does LSU really need LSU A LSU E and LSU S?

Still don't explain why your people in Alec (especially Lower 3rd) is throwed off. I guess that's the way yall was raised.

To be honest with you, a lot of jokers living in those new affordable housing in Lower Third come from places like Ferriday, LA. I believe the government was trying relocate them to a place with a better standard of living with clean and lead free potable water, but like the old saying goes, "you can take jokers out of the country, but you can't take the country out of them".

Last edited:
LSU peeps really upset about this lol, They see how Gram and SU feel now. Does LSU really need LSU A LSU E and LSU S?

I just don't how ole Piyush 'Bobby' JIndal would be able to live in University Club Subdivision in Baton Rouge peacefully if there's no LSU football this upcoming fall and the subdivision he lives in is just south of LSU too. He should have done like C. Ray Nagin and moved his family to Texas.

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworle...-817500-house-in-university-club-south-of-lsu

I just don't how ole Piyush 'Bobby' JIndal would be able to live in University Club Subdivision in Baton Rouge peacefully if there's no LSU football this upcoming fall and the subdivision he lives in is just south of LSU too. He should have done like C. Ray Nagin and moved his family to Texas.

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworle...-817500-house-in-university-club-south-of-lsu

The sad part is LSU peeps not mad at Jindal they mad at JBE talking about he's not welcome at LSU

Back