• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sitting shaking my head at the duel faced. While on the meac board they were all in with meac folks calling the CB the c**n Bowl, Chitlin's Bowl ands the swac segregationist and kissing as much ags ass as he possibly could.

Now by some miraculous wonder of life he understand. It really has to be scary living inside that dark mind.

Last edited:
Oh my @bluedog is this the thought process of these MEAC folks? Such a sad display. I'm honestly ashamed of the MEAC if this is the type of mentality it produces.

KSmith doesn't represent the opinions as a whole of us Alumni of MEAC institutions. A&T is excited about playing in the de-facto MEAC Championship game this afternoon and possibly representing the conference in Atlanta.

People care about the FCS playoffs? I have traveled the world and the only time I've never heard anyone mention it in person.

Wait. That's a lie. My PDM back in day (circa 2001) mentioned it once in passing. He was an Illinois State alum. He also was enamoured by the Bayou Classic and said if they had that they wouldn't do the playoffs either.

You just lost all credibility. The MEAC/SWAC challenge is nothing more then a pre-season game that some how always ends up pitting the meac best against the swac worst. That neither conference attend very well.

The heritage bowl on the other hand was design to pitt the meac best against the swac best and 98 % that's what it did. Which is why shine meac fans coin the phrase heritage bowl 2.0 to describe the CB.

BTW it avg. about 30,000 fans but by some form of magic meac fans didn't think that was enough and they rather sit in front 10,000 of in the cold away from home where they made up maybe 3 % of the attendance. Go figure.

That contest did except on one occasion that I can recall decide the BCNC. The SWAC dominated that championship bowl game and after a few years of being dominated that's when the meac reneged on their commitment using the excuse they want to play for a national title.

There's more then enough articles to validate that

All credibility? To bad you are just another forum poster posting opinions. The Challenge Game started out matching up two quality oppoents and sometimes defending champions. The problem was that the SWAC didn't hold their own and continued to get lessons in physical football. That led to Southern (who brings fans) playing against weak MEAC teams in order bring some life to the SWAC's end of the water. If Southern would have played a top 4 MEAC program in those two years, the SWAC would still be searching for their first win.

Forgive me for wanted two HBCU programs to compete for a National Championship! We can play each other al we want during non conference play. Both conferences could come together and schedule a few well promoted classics or series before conference play in NFL stadiums or major stadiums during the season. Why can't we work together an force fairness in the FCS playoffs? Why can't we look at a FCS playoff bracket and see FAMU, Southern and Tennessee State representing HBCU football?

Unlike some of you, I am respecting opinions, but I am not happy about the Bowl Game.

All credibility? To bad you are just another forum poster posting opinions. The Challenge Game started out matching up two quality oppoents and sometimes defending champions. The problem was that the SWAC didn't hold their own and continued to get lessons in physical football. That led to Southern (who brings fans) playing against weak MEAC teams in order bring some life to the SWAC's end of the water. If Southern would have played a top 4 MEAC program in those two years, the SWAC would still be searching for their first win.

Forgive me for wanted two HBCU programs to compete for a National Championship! We can play each other al we want during non conference play. Both conferences could come together and schedule a few well promoted classics or series before conference play in NFL stadiums or major stadiums during the season. Why can't we work together an force fairness in the FCS playoffs? Why can't we look at a FCS playoff bracket and see FAMU, Southern and Tennessee State representing HBCU football?

Unlike some of you, I am respecting opinions, but I am not happy about the Bowl Game.

Sure you would. Just like you did these years when evenly match teams met huh?

Date SWAC Representative MEAC Representative Venue Attendance
December 18, 1999 Southern* 3 Hampton 24 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 29,561
December 26, 1998 Southern* 28 Bethune–Cookman 2 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 32,955
December 27, 1997 Southern* 34 South Carolina State 28 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 32,629
December 31, 1996 Southern 24 Howard 27 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 18,126
December 29, 1995 Southern 30 Florida A&M* 25 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 25,164 (Beat them twice in the same season)
December 30, 1994 Grambling State* 27 South Carolina State* 31 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 22,179
January 1, 1994 Southern* 11 South Carolina State 0 Georgia Dome (Atlanta, GA) 36,128 (Beat them twice in the same season)
January 2, 1993 Grambling State 45 Florida A&M 15 Bragg Memorial Stadium (Tallahassee, FL) 11,273
December 21, 1991 Alabama State* 36 North Carolina A&T 13 Joe Robbie Stadium (Miami Gardens, FL) 7,724

Dude the SU teams that played in the Challenge were both loser. SU owns the freaking meac

The 07 SU team that played that year went 4-5 the previous year

The 2010 team that played that year went 3-5 the previous year.

Last edited:
Sure you would. Just like you did these years when evenly match teams met huh?

Date SWAC Representative MEAC Representative Venue Attendance
December 18, 1999 Southern* 3 Hampton 24 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 29,561
December 26, 1998 Southern* 28 Bethune–Cookman 2 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 32,955
December 27, 1997 Southern* 34 South Carolina State 28 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 32,629
December 31, 1996 Southern 24 Howard 27 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 18,126
December 29, 1995 Southern 30 Florida A&M* 25 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 25,164 (Beat them twice in the same season)
December 30, 1994 Grambling State* 27 South Carolina State* 31 Georgia Dome (Atlanta) 22,179
January 1, 1994 Southern* 11 South Carolina State 0 Georgia Dome (Atlanta, GA) 36,128 (Beat them twice in the same season)
January 2, 1993 Grambling State 45 Florida A&M 15 Bragg Memorial Stadium (Tallahassee, FL) 11,273
December 21, 1991 Alabama State* 36 North Carolina A&T 13 Joe Robbie Stadium (Miami Gardens, FL) 7,724

Dude the SU teams that played in the Challeange were both loser. SU owns the freaking meac

The 07 SU teaam that played that year went 4-5 the previous year

The 2010 team that played that year went 3-5 the previous year.

FAMU and Delaware State weren't anything those years. You and I both know that if Southern would have ran into a legitimate MEAC program, the Jaguars would have been smashed.

Anyway, legitimate MEAC-SWAC Challenges ended in a MEAC victory. Nobody can take away what SU did in the Heritage Bowl era, but we are in a new era.

FAMU and Delaware State weren't anything those years. You and I both know that if Southern would have ran into a legitimate MEAC program, the Jaguars would have been smashed.

Anyway, legitimate MEAC-SWAC Challenges ended in a MEAC victory. Nobody can take away what SU did in the Heritage Bowl era, but we are in a new era.

Podnuh those FAMU/SCSU/SU team were constantly ranked in the then D1aa top ten. The meac has never even came close to that status since

That's what made them think they were ready for the payoffs game.

You can always pop off about what you wouldna, shouldna, couldna, done

Last edited:
Ya'll keep forgetting that the MEAC fans are not happy with this event. This is not a conference pride thing for us MEAC fans. This is something that will be attended by the participating MEAC school only. Of course locals in the region will also come out. The entire concept is disappointing to me. We are not worrying about attendance...vendor sales....parties......and bands. We wanted to line up with the rest of the FCS schools and compete like men. People are turning this game into a Black College experience thing and it's really just a football game. What's wrong with it just being a football game? The MEAC doesn't want to be pegged in a little box called BCF. We are the HBCU reps of NCAA FCS football this is not the world Buc Buchannon and Art Shell played in. The SWAC should have allowed this game to happen with the MEAC still sending is best team to represent HBCU's in the playoffs. Forget about the money....that's not our concerned. We would send a good playing..decent traveling team to you if that's all you want. This "mythical" Black College Championship game is a thing of the old past. I will never support the game. It's not looking at the big picture. Non participating schools will get about 50K each. That's pathetic...we send the wrong message to recruits and students by isolating ourselves. Especially when the justification is....We are just not goo enough. That's a horrible message and sad excuse for losing. Horrible message to our young people. "Celebration"...What are we celebrating again? Wasn't the MEAC/SWAC challenge enough?
This game is only happening because the SWAC wanted the MEAC to forgo the playoffs just because they forgo it. It's so typical. People don't want to see other Black succeed past them. We must all be on the same level. That's old fashioned plantation thinking. We are not all the same. Oh well.....SWAC wins. You guys got what you want. Go Celebrate and enjoy yourselves. I can see the solidarity amongst the conference. Can understand it...but it is what it is. IMHO....we are only segregating ourselves from the predominately White schools who have all of our talented Black athletes. Don't see how this can make our problem better at all.

WRONG.. this game is happening because it's the best for both conferences. Also, it's not that MEAC fans are not happy with the event, it's the five of ya'll on the MEAC board who are against it. On top of it..the PWIs in FCS are smalltime and broke and have no fans. The good ones leave because the playoffs are such a smalltime thing. If they could have what we have, they would do it in a heartbeat but here is a newsflash for you... THEY CAN'T.

With the 3-way tie for Co-Champs, the conference looks at Sagarin Ratings where A&T is the highest ranked at 154, followed by Bethune/Cookman at 174.

A&T will be playing the SWAC Champ in the Celebration Bowl.

Man stop. smh The SWAC has not and is not advocating segregation smh. It's advocating making $$$$$ for a bowl game that pits its conference champion vs another conference's champion. Period.

I don't recall the SWAC offc advocating for all its member schools to play only HBCUs OOC. ::insert retarded smiley here::

Mane, they SO DUMB.
First, they can STILL send one of their teams to the playoffs.
Second, how is is segregation when they have 11 teams with 3 OOC games... that is 33 chances to play a PWC if they so choose. But they choose to only care about ONE playoff game. Last time I checked 33 was greater than 1... smh
Third, they sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo DUMB!

With the 3-way tie for Co-Champs, the conference looks at Sagarin Ratings where A&T is the highest ranked at 154, followed by Bethune/Cookman at 174.

A&T will be playing the SWAC Champ in the Celebration Bowl.

FYI. .. that tiebreaker is dumb as fcuk.. lol
Congrats to the Aggies. At least you all have a month to plan. Alcorn/Grambling will only have two weeks. Let's see how much pride the Aggies really have!

Lol. FAMU's program was a pure mess when they were selected for the game and Del State was garbage. There is no doubt that Southern played hand picked MEAC schools because they put _sses in seats, but I am happy the Jags did what they were supposed to. Everyone else who played meaningful MEAC opponents lost. My G-Men really pissed me off against Hampton and SCSU.

Pound 4 pound, I think the SWAC would come up with a winning record if we matched every team top to bottom. Hopefully, the SWAC Champion performs in the Celebration Bowl to shut up my MEAC brothers.

Let's go G-Men!

Lol. FAMU's program was a pure mess when they were selected for the game and Del State was garbage. There is no doubt that Southern played hand picked MEAC schools because they put _sses in seats, but I am happy the Jags did what they were supposed to. Everyone else who played meaningful MEAC opponents lost. My G-Men really pissed me off against Hampton and SCSU.

Pound 4 pound, I think the SWAC would come up with a winning record if we matched every team top to bottom. Hopefully, the SWAC Champion performs in the Celebration Bowl to shut up my MEAC brothers.

Let's go G-Men!

Really? FAMU was 5-4 the previous year and SU was 3-4 Please tell you're being sarcastic and you really aren't this challenged.

FYI. .. that tiebreaker is dumb as fcuk.. lol
Congrats to the Aggies. At least you all have a month to plan. Alcorn/Grambling will only have two weeks. Let's see how much pride the Aggies really have!

This tiebreaker makes perfect sense and is better than last years. At least this one is designed to try and get our best team into the CB.

Really? FAMU was 5-4 the previous year and SU was 3-4 Please tell you're being sarcastic and you really aren't this challenged.

Man sit down somewhere. You are the only one who is challenged if you are going to sit up here and stroke two weak MEAC Challenge opponents. The fact is that the teams that you beat weren't good teams and everyone with a brain knows that SU opponents were hand picked for a money and attendance reason. Did it make sense? Yes. Sure, SU wasn't coming off a strong season, but the fact remains that SU was a consistent HBCU winning program for the time. Everyone who follows football knows that FAMU was coming off a drama filled season that cause a major shake up in their athletic department and FBS plans. After losing several players and leadership issues, everyone knew FAMU was going to be terrible that year. If I am not mistaken, they only won 1 or 2 games that year. It doesn't make any sense to debate Delaware State, (who won 2 or 3 games that year as well).

Stop trying to defend playing two weak MEAC teams. Just take your win like a good Jag and be happy you didn't face Hampton, SCSU or Cookman. I am happy SU won and gave our disappointing conference some wins in the challenge.

Man sit down somewhere. You are the only one who is challenged if you are going to sit up here and stroke two weak MEAC Challenge opponents. The fact is that the teams that you beat weren't good teams and everyone with a brain knows that SU opponents were hand picked for a money and attendance reason. Did it make sense? Yes. Sure, SU wasn't coming off a strong season, but the fact remains that SU was a consistent HBCU winning program for the time. Everyone who follows football knows that FAMU was coming off a drama filled season that cause a major shake up in their athletic department and FBS plans. After losing several players and leadership issues, everyone knew FAMU was going to be terrible that year. If I am not mistaken, they only won 1 or 2 games that year. It doesn't make any sense to debate Delaware State, (who won 2 or 3 games that year as well).

Stop trying to defend playing two weak MEAC teams. Just take your win like a good Jag and be happy you didn't face Hampton, SCSU or Cookman. I am happy SU won and gave our disappointing conference some wins in the challenge.

This is the epitome of the type of insane thinking that goes on with meac fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back