• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this thread has certainly went "left." I do not see anything wrong with having the Celebration Bowl. My only gripe is the timing, but there is nothing wrong with SWAC and MEAC doing more together. I'm really wishing this bowl game huge success now. I'm coming from Dallas, TX to attend. It's all about uplifting ourselves together, not diminishing one another. We gotta do better than this, MEAC!

Because we feel part of the reason HBCU's are not ranking high anymore is because we're losing talent to mid majors..the FCS PWC schools. The problem with this game is that the question will be raised and must be answered. Why aren't these schools participating in the playoffs? Are they too good? Or...Are they that sorry? Since none of our schools and champions are normally ranked high the later will be the prevailing thought. How does it help us in terms of diversity? One of the things hurting HBCU's in football is the fact that the PWC's get minority talent but we can't get the white players.

So you are mad because we have BLACK players on a football team for a historically BLACK College or University? What would your school gain out of the FCS playoffs? A conference championship then a 1st round loss? What are your negative views on the CB. List them

Well, this thread has certainly went "left." I do not see anything wrong with having the Celebration Bowl. My only gripe is the timing, but there is nothing wrong with SWAC and MEAC doing more together. I'm really wishing this bowl game huge success now. I'm coming from Dallas, TX to attend. It's all about uplifting ourselves together, not diminishing one another. We gotta do better than this, MEAC!

Ditto

See, this is what happens when you make an assumption. You make an A$$ out of you and umption.

I have been living in the Atlanta area for nearly 17 years. Although I am a proud alumnus of Southern University and Agriculutral and Mechanical College, I am not a Louisiana native. I was born and raised in the Los Angeles area, but anybody that has seen my posts on here and has been on the board for more than 10 minutes would have already known all of this.

I am there because I want to support HBCUs. It doesn't have to be my alma mater or even a SWAC school involved for that matter. There are plenty of SWAC and MEAC alums that attend SIAC or CIAA games or classics involving schools outside of their conference.

Get the hell on with that bs.

It doesn't take very long for you to see just how bright this guy is does it?

I hope ya'll realize you're debating with a guy from a non-football school

Trust me. He's not the worst one. There's a lot of sad out of touch with reality over there.

Remember the letter writing campaign to ESPN trying to block this (but without a lick of money to back up their threats)?

The SWAC also paid off their commissioner (an Alcorn alum I believe) as well as ESPN to make this game a reality (according to them).

Oh we rolling like that? Ben Carson......send help! (lmao)

Instead of giving a sorry response like that. Why not trying to explain your position. Because we don't disagree with a Bowl game. We just don't won't to lose an automatic bid to the playoffs in the process. Why did the SWAC demand that from us? Do you really think it matters if the MEAC bought a champion or runner up? Of course not. You guys just wanted to f it up for the MEAC. It's really pathetic dude.

Explain yourself. IF you can't understand the MEAC position something is wrong with you. Seriously.

It does matter. The game means more & attracts more interest if the best two teams from each conference is in the game. This game is healthy for both conferences and the 50k dispersed to the rest of the conference is more than the MEAC champ would make going to a fruitless playoff game. This is a good bowl game for the two conferences, not to mention great national exposure and a potential money maker for said champions.

This 'Accept Me' BS you are peddling has not will not work for Black People.
We need to create our own prosperous lane and then we can expect to branch out. How can you 'compete' when you haven't done the necessary work, and piled up the cash to do so. You will lose every time just like the MEAC has been doing in a penniless playoff format. Use your brain! Look at historical trends, look at the state of finances, attendance, stadiums in your conference and your facilities you are on a hamster wheel waiting to be 'accepted.'

MEAC= The boojie Aunt that had 1 successful movie 30 years ago (FAMU national championship) and never got another gig that thinks she's to good to come to the family reunion.

Oh we rolling like that? Ben Carson......send help! (lmao)

That's only the tip of the iceberg with them.

These clowns actually think that a small group of delusional alums could send ESPN/Disney some emails and convince ESPN Events to not require their conference champ to participate in the CB.

They'd rather keep things stat quo and continue to lose money going to the playoffs. We know with some of their schools, they are trying to seek acceptance from the AGS people (who see them in the same eye as the SWAC) while robbing Peter to pay Paul with their budgets in order to compete. It makes too much sense for grow a bowl game in a NFL stadium in a black city like Atlanta with two FCS schools on ABC (not ESPN2 or ESPN2). They'd rather continue to play the "We quit" card when we (the SWAC) have grown the SCG in Houston into an event without any assistance from the MEAC (and the reason why THEY get to benefit as a conference from what the SWAC was able to build with the SCG and telling the NCAA to take their FCS playoffs and bias bids and shove it).

I'm sure we could have taken the SIAC champ in their place and could probably grow it just as big

These clowns actually think that a small group of delusional alums could send ESPN/Disney some emails and convince ESPN Events to not require their conference champ to participate in the CB.

They'd rather keep things stat quo and continue to lose money going to the playoffs. We know with some of their schools, they are trying to seek acceptance from the AGS people (who see them in the same eye as the SWAC) while robbing Peter to pay Paul with their budgets in order to compete. It makes too much sense for grow a bowl game in a NFL stadium in a black city like Atlanta with two FCS schools on ABC (not ESPN2 or ESPN2). They'd rather continue to play the "We quit" card when we (the SWAC) have grown the SCG in Houston into an event without any assistance from the MEAC (and the reason why THEY get to benefit as a conference from what the SWAC was able to build with the SCG and telling the NCAA to take their FCS playoffs and bias bids and shove it).

I'm sure we could have taken the SIAC champ in their place and could probably grow it just as big

I prefer the Ivy League

Remember we figured out after I posted a copy of the letter. It was probably some guy from a PWI leading them like a bunch sheep. (Probably Texas Terror )

Because they had the wrong conference name in the letter.

Instead of giving a sorry response like that. Why not trying to explain your position. Because we don't disagree with a Bowl game. We just don't won't to lose an automatic bid to the playoffs in the process. Why did the SWAC demand that from us? Do you really think it matters if the MEAC bought a champion or runner up? Of course not. You guys just wanted to f it up for the MEAC. It's really pathetic dude.

Explain yourself. IF you can't understand the MEAC position something is wrong with you. Seriously.

It does matter. The game means more & attracts more interest if the best two teams from each conference is in the game. This game is healthy for both conferences and the 50k dispersed to the rest of the conference is more than the MEAC champ would make going to a fruitless playoff game. This is a good bowl game for the two conferences, not to mention great national exposure and a potential money maker for said champions.

This 'Accept Me' BS you are peddling has not will not work for Black People.
We need to create our own prosperous lane and then we can expect to branch out. How can you 'compete' when you haven't done the necessary work, and piled up the cash to do so. You will lose every time just like the MEAC has been doing in a penniless playoff format. Use your brain! Look at historical trends, look at the state of finances, attendance, stadiums in your conference and your facilities you are on a hamster wheel waiting to be 'accepted.'

Oh well MEAC, the white man approves of Brave message, what will you all say now?

citizen_cane.gif

Ya'll keep forgetting that the MEAC fans are not happy with this event. This is not a conference pride thing for us MEAC fans. This is something that will be attended by the participating MEAC school only. Of course locals in the region will also come out. The entire concept is disappointing to me. We are not worrying about attendance...vendor sales....parties......and bands. We wanted to line up with the rest of the FCS schools and compete like men. People are turning this game into a Black College experience thing and it's really just a football game. What's wrong with it just being a football game? The MEAC doesn't want to be pegged in a little box called BCF. We are the HBCU reps of NCAA FCS football this is not the world Buc Buchannon and Art Shell played in. The SWAC should have allowed this game to happen with the MEAC still sending is best team to represent HBCU's in the playoffs. Forget about the money....that's not our concerned. We would send a good playing..decent traveling team to you if that's all you want. This "mythical" Black College Championship game is a thing of the old past. I will never support the game. It's not looking at the big picture. Non participating schools will get about 50K each. That's pathetic...we send the wrong message to recruits and students by isolating ourselves. Especially when the justification is....We are just not goo enough. That's a horrible message and sad excuse for losing. Horrible message to our young people. "Celebration"...What are we celebrating again? Wasn't the MEAC/SWAC challenge enough?
This game is only happening because the SWAC wanted the MEAC to forgo the playoffs just because they forgo it. It's so typical. People don't want to see other Black succeed past them. We must all be on the same level. That's old fashioned plantation thinking. We are not all the same. Oh well.....SWAC wins. You guys got what you want. Go Celebrate and enjoy yourselves. I can see the solidarity amongst the conference. Can understand it...but it is what it is. IMHO....we are only segregating ourselves from the predominately White schools who have all of our talented Black athletes. Don't see how this can make our problem better at all.

From a person who has degrees on both sides of the major HBCU fence, I totally agree with you. I will be in attendance, but I understand. I want to see the SWAC and MEAC competing for a National Title. Some folks don't know if they want to be segregated or integrated.

And yes, The SWAC-MEAC Challenge Game was enough. However, the MEAC won every meaningful challenge game and there are some (Not All) SWAC fans who wanted a change.

From a person who has degrees on both sides of the major HBCU fence, I totally agree with you. I will be in attendance, but I understand. I want to see the SWAC and MEAC competing for a National Title. Some folks don't know if they want to be segregated or integrated.

And yes, The SWAC-MEAC Challenge Game was enough. However, the MEAC won every meaningful challenge game and there are some (Not All) SWAC fans who wanted a change.
Man stop. smh The SWAC has not and is not advocating segregation smh. It's advocating making $$$$$ for a bowl game that pits its conference champion vs another conference's champion. Period.

I don't recall the SWAC offc advocating for all its member schools to play only HBCUs OOC. ::insert retarded smiley here::

MEAC= The boojie Aunt that had 1 successful movie 30 years ago (FAMU national championship) and never got another gig that thinks she's to good to come to the family reunion.

Correction: FAMU was NOT a part of the MEAC when it won the initial nat'l tourney title.

Man stop. smh The SWAC has not and is not advocating segregation smh. It's advocating making $$$$$ for a bowl game that pits its conference champion vs another conference's champion. Period.

I don't recall the SWAC offc advocating for all its member schools to play only HBCUs OOC. ::insert retarded smiley here::

pointless! Good luck.

You just lost all credibility. The MEAC/SWAC challenge is nothing more then a pre-season game that some how always ends up pitting the meac best against the swac worst. That neither conference attend very well.

The heritage bowl on the other hand was design to pitt the meac best against the swac best and 98 % that's what it did. Which is why shine meac fans coin the phrase heritage bowl 2.0 to describe the CB.

BTW it avg. about 30,000 fans but by some form of magic meac fans didn't think that was enough and they rather sit in front 10,000 of in the cold away from home where they made up maybe 3 % of the attendance. Go figure.

That contest did except on one occasion that I can recall decide the BCNC. The SWAC dominated that championship bowl game and after a few years of being dominated that's when the meac reneged on their commitment using the excuse they want to play for a national title.

There's more then enough articles to validate that

Last edited:

LOL.....Some of those guys are really sick. Every school in our conference play PWC. Hell S.U. just finished kicking Tulane and Mississippi State behind (had to slip that in). You're right.....It's all about the $$$....Here is the 2015 math: S.U. vs Louisiana Tech + Georgia = 1M

Ya'll keep forgetting that the MEAC fans are not happy with this event. This is not a conference pride thing for us MEAC fans. This is something that will be attended by the participating MEAC school only. Of course locals in the region will also come out. The entire concept is disappointing to me. We are not worrying about attendance...vendor sales....parties......and bands. We wanted to line up with the rest of the FCS schools and compete like men. People are turning this game into a Black College experience thing and it's really just a football game. What's wrong with it just being a football game? The MEAC doesn't want to be pegged in a little box called BCF. We are the HBCU reps of NCAA FCS football this is not the world Buc Buchannon and Art Shell played in. The SWAC should have allowed this game to happen with the MEAC still sending is best team to represent HBCU's in the playoffs. Forget about the money....that's not our concerned. We would send a good playing..decent traveling team to you if that's all you want. This "mythical" Black College Championship game is a thing of the old past. I will never support the game. It's not looking at the big picture. Non participating schools will get about 50K each. That's pathetic...we send the wrong message to recruits and students by isolating ourselves. Especially when the justification is....We are just not goo enough. That's a horrible message and sad excuse for losing. Horrible message to our young people. "Celebration"...What are we celebrating again? Wasn't the MEAC/SWAC challenge enough?
This game is only happening because the SWAC wanted the MEAC to forgo the playoffs just because they forgo it. It's so typical. People don't want to see other Black succeed past them. We must all be on the same level. That's old fashioned plantation thinking. We are not all the same. Oh well.....SWAC wins. You guys got what you want. Go Celebrate and enjoy yourselves. I can see the solidarity amongst the conference. Can understand it...but it is what it is. IMHO....we are only segregating ourselves from the predominately White schools who have all of our talented Black athletes. Don't see how this can make our problem better at all.

What message are those 6-6, 7-5 FBS schools sending to recruits by playing in the Camellia Bowl, New Orleans Bowl or the GoDaddy Bowl?

I hear ya, but money makes sense. I would like to see a SWAC program compete for a national title as well. Many top FCS conferences are using that against us during the recruiting process and snatching more and more 2-3 start kids and P5 transfers.

As much as I would like to see this playoff thing in the mix for HBCU's, the money and exposure for thes bowl game is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back