Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
from the ticket map, it looks to be a decent crowd. If we pull in some local 1st day goers we may do pretty good.

How much are the tickets? Are they selling them at the stadium? I am coming up SATURDAY but I don't know how many people are going with me. I plan on taking my nephew and his friends.

Definitely, SWAC fans will outnumber MEAC fans. The hotels in Atlanta are NOT sold-out but still assume that a significant amount of rooms are booked at various hotels. As someone mentioned more tickets are sold on the SWAC side than MEAC. Possibly, some neutral fans are sitting on the SWAC side but I think all schools in the SWAC will be represented.

I'm flying ou in the morning sporting my Texas Southern gear as well as TSU gear at the game!

#GoSWAC, #GoAlcorn

Excuse my French but the meac suck azz!!!! Man they sitting here talking about a damn playoff when they Dnt make it far at all versus supporting this bowl game which in terms gives them more money in one game than any one game during season on top of good publicity!!! Man they need to realize those other people Dnt give a rats tail about them when they do go to the playoffs and they gain no respect because they don't go far!!! Smdh!! I'm proud of the swac despite it being Christmas we are still trying to support this game, maybe if we can continue to hire good coaches like most are doing then the swac will earn a lot more upsets in the future which in terms will change the perception of our conference in the next 5 to 10 years !!! Meac fans sitting bragging about how they not coming because it's not the playoffs. If I'm not mistaken they didn't come to there own little playoff game. They lying, they just broke broke broke I tell you !!!

Does anyone know how many tickets alcorn had, I'm hearing they sold out there allotment!!!
I know the SWAC champs get 160k worth of tickets to sale. They have to sell tickets to make the most of the payout.
Question, How many of your athletic departments took any action to request that you purchased tickets from the school?

Each conference member had X number of tickets to sale or forfeit that money. The champs ticket allotment was far far more then other 9 member schools though

I know the SWAC champs get 160k worth of tickets to sale. They have to sell tickets to make the most of the payout.
Question, How many of your athletic departments took any action to request that you purchased tickets from the school?

Each conference member had X number of tickets to sale or forfeit that money. The champs ticket allotment was far far more then other 9 member schools though
Are you saying each member institution had some to sell, JSU definitely didn't sell any if that's the case !!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Bruh real talk, f the MEAC. We got this on our own without them. We jus need to worry about what we gotta do. Them dudes worried about losing money instead of makin money so f em. Let's go SWAC. Let's do what we gotta do.

Excuse my French but the meac suck azz!!!! Man they sitting here talking about a damn playoff when they Dnt make it far at all versus supporting this bowl game which in terms gives them more money in one game than any one game during season on top of good publicity!!! Man they need to realize those other people Dnt give a rats tail about them when they do go to the playoffs and they gain no respect because they don't go far!!! Smdh!! I'm proud of the swac despite it being Christmas we are still trying to support this game, maybe if we can continue to hire good coaches like most are doing then the swac will earn a lot more upsets in the future which in terms will change the perception of our conference in the next 5 to 10 years !!! Meac fans sitting bragging about how they not coming because it's not the playoffs. If I'm not mistaken they didn't come to there own little playoff game. They lying, they just broke broke broke I tell you !!!

And then most of the talk is from the MEAC schools who have bigger fish to fry. I mean, SCSU has one foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel and they have fans cooning extra hard about "competing" in the playoffs. Delaware state and Howard fans just need to recuse themselves from this conversation altogether. Whining about being able to go to the playoffs when their programs are currently in the MEAC cellar. Strange folks I tell you.

No... it is $200K worth of tickets. And most of the payout is the $500K+ the schools get regardless of tickets sold.

And then most of the talk is from the MEAC schools who have bigger fish to fry. I mean, SCSU has one foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel and they have fans cooning extra hard about "competing" in the playoffs. Delaware state and Howard fans just need to recuse themselves from this conversation altogether. Whining about being able to go to the playoffs when their programs are currently in the MEAC cellar. Strange folks I tell you.

Very strange folks.

Re: Celebration Bowl a welcome windfall for N.C. A&T
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2015, 03:06:09 PM »
oleschoolaggie
Assistant GM
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

useroff.gif

NCAT_aggie.gif

to me, the purpose of the playoffs for hbcu’s is to compete against the best, seek to elevate one’s program to the highest level possible, seek to win the most coveted championship at the fcs level, and most importantly, to diversify the “demographics” of the audience that it is exposed to. the cb does none of those things...

Are you saying each member institution had some to sell, JSU definitely didn't sell any if that's the case !!!
Yes . And what was not sold is subtracted from the 20k payout that each school receives. I believe each school got 17k and 3k worth of tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back