• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh ok. Did they have any other smaller venues available? Just asking....

You need a dome for that time of year... especially when you are trying to draw in neutral fans. Most wont sit in the elements for their OWN team.. so you know they gonna do it just for the conference. The Dome was the ONLY choice. I doubt anything else was even considered. If they can get 40K in there, that will be good.

I heard they are aiming for 15-20K at minimum. I think that is more realistic considering how there are so many big games at the close of the season and so much money allocated to those already. Plus we have the "Christmas" factor being thrown around.. If there is more than 25K at the Celebration Bowl, I think that would be rather impressive for the timing of it. I just know I will be there.

Best chance of the swac winning the celebration bowl is with alcorn. Gram is good team but they have there moments where they stall. Alcorn icing cakes before they get halfway out the oven !!!

I think Grambling has a better shot due to their passing game. When they are hot, they are hot. However, when their defense is not, they are not! Alcorn might get beat by a few scores against A&T. Broadway's ball control and conservative play might spell disaster for the Braves. If Grambling had an ok defense, I would pick them to win it all. But they give up too many yards.

You need a dome for that time of year... especially when you are trying to draw in neutral fans. Most wont sit in the elements for their OWN team.. so you know they gonna do it just for the conference. The Dome was the ONLY choice. I doubt anything else was even considered. If they can get 40K in there, that will be good.
I understand that I just didn't want it to be cavernous.

I heard they are aiming for 15-20K at minimum. I think that is more realistic considering how there are so many big games at the close of the season and so much money allocated to those already. Plus we have the "Christmas" factor being thrown around.. If there is more than 25K at the Celebration Bowl, I think that would be rather impressive for the timing of it. I just know I will be there.

Well,I hope you heard a lie. I think 35K is very realistic. However, the goal should be 45K. We used to get 20K for SCGs in Bham in the cold and rain. If the Celebration Bowl can't beat that, it won't be a good look. The 100 Black Men also have a good track record of getting HS students to the ATL Classic. They normally get endzone seats. That might work for this as well.

A&T is gonna come strong if they get the nod. I can see them bringing a good 15K themselves.

I think Grambling has a better shot due to their passing game. When they are hot, they are hot. However, when their defense is not, they are not! Alcorn might get beat by a few scores against A&T. Broadway's ball control and conservative play might spell disaster for the Braves. If Grambling had an ok defense, I would pick them to win it all. But they give up too many yards.

I think your Sleep on how good Alcorns Defense is..Only thing that scares me is Alcorns OC, if we had Simmons, it would be a no brainer, but Kias has shown he can fold under pressure

Well,I hope you heard a lie. I think 35K is very realistic. However, the goal should be 45K. We used to get 20K for SCGs in Bham in the cold and rain. If the Celebration Bowl can't beat that, it won't be a good look. The 100 Black Men also have a good track record of getting HS students to the ATL Classic. They normally get endzone seats. That might work for this as well.

A&T is gonna come strong if they get the nod. I can see them bringing a good 15K themselves.

I do believe that North Carolina A&T will bring numbers for the MEAC... If it's North Carolina Central....hmmmmm I dunno about that. I think the SWAC will show up decent between Alcorn/Grambling team picks. I guess we'll see how it goes. 35K would be shocking to me. It could happen though.

Ya'll keep forgetting that the MEAC fans are not happy with this event. This is not a conference pride thing for us MEAC fans. This is something that will be attended by the participating MEAC school only. Of course locals in the region will also come out. The entire concept is disappointing to me. We are not worrying about attendance...vendor sales....parties......and bands. We wanted to line up with the rest of the FCS schools and compete like men. People are turning this game into a Black College experience thing and it's really just a football game. What's wrong with it just being a football game? The MEAC doesn't want to be pegged in a little box called BCF. We are the HBCU reps of NCAA FCS football this is not the world Buc Buchannon and Art Shell played in. The SWAC should have allowed this game to happen with the MEAC still sending is best team to represent HBCU's in the playoffs. Forget about the money....that's not our concerned. We would send a good playing..decent traveling team to you if that's all you want. This "mythical" Black College Championship game is a thing of the old past. I will never support the game. It's not looking at the big picture. Non participating schools will get about 50K each. That's pathetic...we send the wrong message to recruits and students by isolating ourselves. Especially when the justification is....We are just not goo enough. That's a horrible message and sad excuse for losing. Horrible message to our young people. "Celebration"...What are we celebrating again? Wasn't the MEAC/SWAC challenge enough?
This game is only happening because the SWAC wanted the MEAC to forgo the playoffs just because they forgo it. It's so typical. People don't want to see other Black succeed past them. We must all be on the same level. That's old fashioned plantation thinking. We are not all the same. Oh well.....SWAC wins. You guys got what you want. Go Celebrate and enjoy yourselves. I can see the solidarity amongst the conference. Can understand it...but it is what it is. IMHO....we are only segregating ourselves from the predominately White schools who have all of our talented Black athletes. Don't see how this can make our problem better at all.

Well, well, well. Look who finally got the up the nerve to show up on the other colored folks board. Mr. I hate everything that doesn't include white folks himself. Even though I profess to being a Muslim.

Well, well, well. Look who finally got the up the nerve to show up on the other colored folks board. Mr. I hate everything that doesn't include white folks himself. Even though I profess to being a Muslim.
Hey there friend. I know we disagree. We think the game is fine. No problem with the game. We have a problem with our sister HBCU screaming and complaining about how we don't wear the same clothes. You know...the way mothers went to the store and bought the girls identical dresses. Just because they didn't want one child to feel special.
Some refer this behavior as "crabs in a pot". The SWAC won't admit to this. It's not the Black event...it's not our history we're trying to deny and all of that other ridiculous uncle tom talk. We just think you can do BOTH...and do it correctly. This game should feature our second best teams. Not our best. We compete in the NCAA. I guess the SWAC thinks that's the white man's league. Which is sad. There was nothing wrong with the format we used for the Heritage Bowl. That's what we want. But.....we all have to wear the same dresses. LOL. For the life of me I can't understand why the SWAC can't see that. You can't be that stupid. Seriously

Oh my @bluedog is this the thought process of these MEAC folks? Such a sad display. I'm honestly ashamed of the MEAC if this is the type of mentality it produces.

Instead of giving a sorry response like that. Why not trying to explain your position. Because we don't disagree with a Bowl game. We just don't won't to lose an automatic bid to the playoffs in the process. Why did the SWAC demand that from us? Do you really think it matters if the MEAC bought a champion or runner up? Of course not. You guys just wanted to f it up for the MEAC. It's really pathetic dude.

Explain yourself. IF you can't understand the MEAC position something is wrong with you. Seriously.

Ya'll keep forgetting that the MEAC fans are not happy with this event. This is not a conference pride thing for us MEAC fans. This is something that will be attended by the participating MEAC school only. Of course locals in the region will also come out. The entire concept is disappointing to me. We are not worrying about attendance...vendor sales....parties......and bands. We wanted to line up with the rest of the FCS schools and compete like men. People are turning this game into a Black College experience thing and it's really just a football game. What's wrong with it just being a football game? The MEAC doesn't want to be pegged in a little box called BCF. We are the HBCU reps of NCAA FCS football this is not the world Buc Buchannon and Art Shell played in. The SWAC should have allowed this game to happen with the MEAC still sending is best team to represent HBCU's in the playoffs. Forget about the money....that's not our concerned. We would send a good playing..decent traveling team to you if that's all you want. This "mythical" Black College Championship game is a thing of the old past. I will never support the game. It's not looking at the big picture. Non participating schools will get about 50K each. That's pathetic...we send the wrong message to recruits and students by isolating ourselves. Especially when the justification is....We are just not goo enough. That's a horrible message and sad excuse for losing. Horrible message to our young people. "Celebration"...What are we celebrating again? Wasn't the MEAC/SWAC challenge enough?
This game is only happening because the SWAC wanted the MEAC to forgo the playoffs just because they forgo it. It's so typical. People don't want to see other Black succeed past them. We must all be on the same level. That's old fashioned plantation thinking. We are not all the same. Oh well.....SWAC wins. You guys got what you want. Go Celebrate and enjoy yourselves. I can see the solidarity amongst the conference. Can understand it...but it is what it is. IMHO....we are only segregating ourselves from the predominately White schools who have all of our talented Black athletes. Don't see how this can make our problem better at all.

What happens if A&THIN loses the CB? Are yall going to be mad that the swac won't have a chance to win a national championship? This game has the potential to be a match up between TWO good RANKED HBCU teams and yall fail to appreciate that. In the FBS only about 10 teams are in the national championship each year and the others are satisfied with their Bowl win and they use that heavily in their recruiting no matter of its the rose bowl or the little Caesars bowl and still have top recruiting clases. So if the oh so great A&T wins a bowl game on national television it should only help the recruiting other than getting the snot beat out of them in the first round of the play offs, with no television exposure at all. Honestly I think the CB is the first of many bowl games to come to the FCS level which will bring more money and exposure to the schools instead of recruits just seeing NDSU on espn2. ABC>ESPN2. If we don't support it who will?

Oh my @bluedog is this the thought process of these MEAC folks? Such a sad display. I'm honestly ashamed of the MEAC if this is the type of mentality it produces.

Trust me. He's not the worst one. There's a lot of sad out of touch with reality over there.

Remember the letter writing campaign to ESPN trying to block this (but without a lick of money to back up their threats)?

The SWAC also paid off their commissioner (an Alcorn alum I believe) as well as ESPN to make this game a reality (according to them).

What happens if A&THIN loses the CB? Are yall going to be mad that the swac won't have a chance to win a national championship? This game has the potential to be a match up between TWO good RANKED HBCU teams and yall fail to appreciate that. In the FBS only about 10 teams are in the national championship each year and the others are satisfied with their Bowl win and they use that heavily in their recruiting no matter of its the rose bowl or the little Caesars bowl and still have top recruiting clases. So if the oh so great A&T wins a bowl game on national television it should only help the recruiting other than getting the snot beat out of them in the first round of the play offs, with no television exposure at all. Honestly I think the CB is the first of many bowl games to come to the FCS level which will bring more money and exposure to the schools instead of recruits just seeing NDSU on espn2. ABC>ESPN2. If we don't support it who will?
Because we feel part of the reason HBCU's are not ranking high anymore is because we're losing talent to mid majors..the FCS PWC schools. The problem with this game is that the question will be raised and must be answered. Why aren't these schools participating in the playoffs? Are they too good? Or...Are they that sorry? Since none of our schools and champions are normally ranked high the later will be the prevailing thought. How does it help us in terms of diversity? One of the things hurting HBCU's in football is the fact that the PWC's get minority talent but we can't get the white players.

Well, I will be there along with my wife and son. If anyone else doesn't want to attend, then that is on them.
Why would you travel all the way from Louisiana to see this game? Please!!!! There is only one reason the SWAC ALL SEEM to want to be there. Because you know this sh** is a SWAC idea. YOu are not supporting Black College football. You are supporting the decision you guys made 35 years ago. How that work out for you? smh...

Why would you travel all the way from Louisiana to see this game? Please!!!! There is only one reason the SWAC ALL SEEM to want to be there. Because you know this sh** is a SWAC idea. YOu are not supporting Black College football. You are supporting the decision you guys made 35 years ago. How that work out for you? smh...

See, this is what happens when you make an assumption. You make an A$$ out of you and umption.

I have been living in the Atlanta area for nearly 17 years. Although I am a proud alumnus of Southern University and Agriculutral and Mechanical College, I am not a Louisiana native. I was born and raised in the Los Angeles area, but anybody that has seen my posts on here and has been on the board for more than 10 minutes would have already known all of this.

I am there because I want to support HBCUs. It doesn't have to be my alma mater or even a SWAC school involved for that matter. There are plenty of SWAC and MEAC alums that attend SIAC or CIAA games or classics involving schools outside of their conference.

Get the hell on with that bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back