Why is it difficult for the SWAC to schedule top FCS Schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in my heart there's enough schools for each SWAC team to schedule 3 or 4 non conference games...

8 game format is what's needed in this conference..

Folk forget JSU was down at times 33 - 7 before half LOL..and 42-14

Everybody in the stadium knew how big of a heart Big Worm had that night..cuz we easily could have scored 70-80 pts on yall cornballs..

Dayum if Pete was around it may have been the case LOL

A TRUE FRESHMAN QB LOL smh...

yall carry on..

Poor fella..tp :(

Bruh.. im not concerned about THAT game. Ya'll beat our azz but that has nothing to do with what's to come. We pretty much knew we were gonna lose coming in.

PV got mad but financially, it didnt make sense to schedule that game. Our fans just dont get up for pv and it wouldnt have made any money. We may have lost money.

At the end of the day, it was PV who chose not to play. I personally know this because while it was not financially advantageous to play PV, I figured if someone else paid for it, it would be cool. The STL Classic asked PV to play JSU there. I e-mailed the promoter and both ADs to set it up. JSU agreed. PV didn't. It was the perfect opportunity and I didn't send the e-mail until I realized the Classic didn't have participants and that the game was scheduled on the same as that both PV and JSU were open.

ACC teams have scheduled non-conference games against conference members for the next few seasons. All about the money.

Money but also preserving rivalries. The way our rotation works, you may not see another team for 5 to 6 years. I think if the rotation was sensible, you would not see that. Also, most ADs want a 9 game schedule but some others want to stay at 8 due to the Notre Dame agreement. I think we should go to 9 and play 3 OOC games.

Ummm....you do realize in 2013, Worm won with Stumps players. Recall 2012, December 2013 and that MASSACRE in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised if 2015 was worse than 2004.

And you see why I say you know NOTHING about football. How is it that Mudbone BARELY won 4 games with Comegys players?? A team that went to Houston in December of 2013 and in 2014 finished damn near last in the East.

You just said exactly what I said as it relates to Worm.. smh... you just too slow to realize it.

As for your question about Comegy and OMJ, how did Comegy go 3-7 in 2009 after going to the SCG in 2007 and 2008? Weren't those his players? I await your response to see just how much football you know. :snicker:

Folks gonna learn. And most of them on here were saying the same thing until reality hit.

You can answer the same question.. how did Comegy go 3-7 with HIS players and with this system installed following two SCG appearances? OMJ won 5 games with a new system on both sides of the ball. Wait til we kick azz this year.. yeah.. folks gonna learn. :snicker:

I know the solution and that's not it. .

Your solution won't work because JSU-SU-Alcorn-GSU won't go for it. That is why we have to stick to 9 games unless you all agree to play the BAMA every year.. which won't happen.

Last edited:
Sigh...

An 8-game conference schedule really ain't that hard yanno. No permanent rival. A team from the other division drops each year.

A&M doesn't have a problem scheduling OOCs...the current mandate is holding us back

btw..we play Coastal Carolina this fall who made it to the FCS semifinals last season ...and yes they are paying us also..

I need to find out wtf is a Chanticleer though lol

You just said exactly what I said as it relates to Worm.. smh... you just too slow to realize it.

As for your question about Comegy and OMJ, how did Comegy go 3-7 in 2009 after going to the SCG in 2007 and 2008? Weren't those his players? I await your response to see just how much football you know. :snicker:

Seems like you had a JR and SR laden team during those years you went to BHam. But that still doesn't change the fact that players you had in 2013 went to Houston, most of them were there in 2014. So my question(and you don't have to answer it) is how do you from SWAC Runner up to 4-7 in 2014. I know the answer. I just want to see how slow you really are. lol

Now that's kinda stupid on your fans part.

Probably! Our lowest attended games are with SWAC West Division games. They will come for SU and maybe Grambling, but not to the PV, TXSU, and UAPB games. I'm sure the same applies when the Alabama conference members visit their stadiums. Most black college fans in the state grew up supporting SIAC current and former member institutions.

Sigh...

An 8-game conference schedule really ain't that hard yanno. No permanent rival. A team from the other division drops each year.
Seems like you had a JR and SR laden team during those years you went to BHam. But that still doesn't change the fact that players you had in 2013 went to Houston, most of them were there in 2014. So my question(and you don't have to answer it) is how do you from SWAC Runner up to 4-7 in 2014. I know the answer. I just want to see how slow you really are. lol

Same with Comegy. We returned a lot of starters in 2009 including our QB who had led us to 7 wins the prior year. Why didn't Comegy build off that? :snicker: The only difference in going from 2007/2008 SCG teams to 2009 product vs going from the 2012/2013 SCG teams to thee 2014 product is that Comegy had most of the same players in the same system. Last year, OMJ didn't have that luxury and still won more games than Comegy. Your turn. :snicker:

Also, UAPB and SU both cheated to win the SWAC.

Last edited:
A&M doesn't have a problem scheduling OOCs...the current mandate is holding us back

btw..we play Coastal Carolina this fall who made it to the FCS semifinals last season ...and yes they are paying us also..

I need to find out wtf is a Chanticleer though lol

Of course it's not hard if you letting them pay you to come. smh I remember when I used to crack on AAMU cause they could not get a MEAC team to play them. lol
We are talking about home-home contracts.

Seems like you had a JR and SR laden team during those years you went to BHam.

Actually, the team we had last year was young. We return dayum near the whole team. Get yo lies.. I mean, your story together.... :snicker: Also, Comegy left us thin at the o-line position. OMJ went out and added some help.... and LOTS of it.

Actually, the team we had last year was young. We return dayum near the whole team. Get yo lies.. I mean, your story together.... :snicker: Also, Comegy left us thin at the o-line position. OMJ went out and added some help.... and LOTS of it.

Help? Seems like the help either left or didn't show in 2014.

Same with Comegy. We returned a lot of starters in 2009 including our QB who had led us to 7 wins the prior year. Why didn't Comegy build off that? :snicker: The only difference in going from 2007/2008 SCG teams to 2009 product vs going from the 2012/2013 SCG teams to thee 2014 product is that Comegy had most of the same players in the same system. Last year, OMJ didn't have that luxury and still won more games than Comegy. Your turn. :snicker:

Also, UAPB and SU both cheated to win the SWAC.

2 things.

1. Who typed that for you?
2. How did we cheat to win the SWAC? Be careful on how you craft your response. Fair warning. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back