Why is it difficult for the SWAC to schedule top FCS Schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was the AD..I'd play all black institutions..or if I would play these so called white schools..I'd have a clause where x amount fans must be in attendance from your fan base before I accept this contract to do a home home series...

I say we shouldn't play them clowns...we packed their stadiums and they come here with 57 ppl..that NWST game was it for me..SU went there in droves..but last year they came with 54 fans or so...come on...we as black ppl don't see this shat..Lol..dayum are we this blind..

This goes back to what was saying earlier in the thread. "If it don't make dollars it don't make sense".

That goes against the question asked in this thread but I definitely agree with you and a few others. HBCUs (especially some SWAC schools) have a unique brand in which these PWC don't have and want to use to their advantage (as evident by the NSU example) but they have no interest in coming to our stadiums

Bruh stop it...

Who made up these laws (black folks)?

Let's stop playing these ppl and learn to build and brand our own..man yall are so blind it's sad...

They can't travel because of the bylaws..man miss me with that BS..shat is disgusting and you falling for that crap even it's that's the case..you really think that's right for us to pack their stadium and they only bring 57 ppl to our games...I'm speaking on the NWST situation and the ULL siuation cuz I believe that would be the case also...Do you see that as fitting?

I bet if UGA or any FBS school plays the number #1 team or the team that won the FCS ship last year..their fans would be there
Thats y i support the celebration bowl!! We need our on brand!!

Bruh stop it...

Let's stop playing these ppl and learn to build and brand our own..man yall are so blind it's sad...

They can't travel because of the bylaws..man miss me with that BS..shat is disgusting and you falling for that crap even it's that's the case..you really think that's right for us to pack their stadium and they only bring 57 ppl to our games...I'm speaking on the NWST situation and the ULL siuation cuz I believe that would be the case also...Do you see that as fitting?

I bet if UGA or any FBS school plays the number #1 team or the team that won the FCS ship last year..their fans would be there

Seriously, it's in their conference rules/guidelines and bylaws, they won't travel to a smaller school. Other way around.

This goes back to what was saying earlier in the thread. "If it don't make dollars it don't make sense".

That goes against the question asked in this thread but I definitely agree with you and a few others. HBCUs (especially some SWAC schools) have a unique brand in which these PWC don't have and want to use to their advantage (as evident by the NSU example) but they have no interest in coming to our stadiums

Man it's sickening bruh..these older black folks..be so quick to run to whitey and sale over everything...Like dayum..wake up and control your brand...

Use these crackers like they trying to use us...bruh it makes no sense for us to be playing NWST/ULL/UGA/LA TECH..man after that game...we will forget about LA TECH..it does nothing for us...and before folks say..oh they paying us x amount money..man f them and them pennies...they using us to get black recruits and say oh we play black schools too...you get to play against your peers and in front of a black crowd...like shat is so game'd how they do us...and black ppl don't read between the lines..all we see is $$$ instead of seeing and growing within our own..

We would play LA TECH but we got other black schools that we can play and start a nice lil competitive series...bruh..sad..

Seriously, it's in their conference rules/guidelines and bylaws, they won't travel to a smaller school. Other way around.

Jaxs..

I get that bruh..whatever they have written up for their lil conference...that's all good..but why are we trying to play these ppl anyway to begin with?

I don't wanna see no LA tech..nor ULL...nor NWST or UGA...I couldn't care less if we don't ever play them schools..man put a Howard or FAMU or SCST or a Hampton on a home to home series...

Going to LA Tech to shuck and jive for these white folks..traveling to Athens to go and shuck and jive..hell all they wanna do is see our band any dayum way..
f them and that money...

man look...lol

Jaxs..

I get that bruh..whatever they have written up for their lil conference...that's all good..but why are we trying to play these ppl anyway to begin with?

I don't wanna see no LA tech..nor ULL...nor NWST or UGA...I couldn't care less if we don't ever play them schools..man put a Howard or FAMU or SCST or a Hampton on a home to home series...

Going to LA Tech to shuck and jive for these white folks..traveling to Athens to go and shuck and jive..hell all they wanna do is see our band any dayum way..
f them and that money...

man look...lol
Why do we play them? Quick 300K+ for a 45 min (ULL) or 4 hour (Tech) drive. Playing howard home and home is a break even at best with travel, and they ain't bringing any fans either. Athens is $650K

Why do we play them? Quick 300K+ for a 45 min (ULL) or 4 hour (Tech) drive. Playing howard home and home is a break even at best with travel, and they ain't bringing any fans either. Athens is $650K

Bruh
your mind is on money money..build your brand and the money will come and you wont have to run to whitey and play these games..

We wasn't playing these big schools before and we had all the top players...

you really don't think playing a Hampton or Howard home home wont yield something greater and better than that 650k check? it may not in the 1st or so years..but keep at it...

you really don't think playing a FAMU or SCST wont yield something greater and better than that 300k check? keep at it..

We don't need to be playing these schools..

Do you even know where the 650k will be going towards??? and 300k?

See here's the thing when these white schools play each other and get these funds..they use the money to create buildings to attact students etc...build businesses around campus...better dorms and structures for these kids

What do you think we will do with this 950k we will get?
What will SU use with these funds??

Lol
Just to say we made a quick 300K and 650K, we'll shuck and jive good for it Lol

man them pennies to them schools...we need to be trying to get on their level..

Boy yall kill me...sad man..

All money aint good money folk

Build your own pyramid instead of being a step on someone else pyramid folk

Show you how this works...we got NWST...they gave us whatever the amount 40k to play them...we went there in droves and they probably made for that entire day close to 125k - 300k somewhere in that range..maybe cleared close to 100k-175k after expenses between those ranges...the city alone and campus with concessions and parking and ticket sales...etc...I believe in my heart they made between those figures

We took the money came to A.W. and probably made what we would normally make..I can't remember the attendance for that game..but they didn't bring any fans to help with ticket sales or parking or buy our concessions...(yall make profits on yall on, we aint supporting yall) and they had a good ball club LOL..so we can't see between the lines...we are that dayum blind to not see this shat..what fans don't follow a good football team lol..smh

So in the end they made more by us traveling to their stadium plus recop'd the money that the paid us to play them and we took the money and made average on the game..prolly had to use the money to cover whatever cost we may have lost with that game or such...just bad business all around...prolly made on that game what we would usually make if we have a weak SWAC team to play us...now if we would have had a FAMU home home..we could have made more..once the series picked up and promotion for the game etc..the long run it would yielded us more money than to play NWST...

Those schools can get a home and home. Keep in mind your guarantee is selling out your stadium. We know fans don't neccessarily pack our stadiums for those non conference games unless its an HBCU. Do our ad's feel confident that if GSU were to host a Jacksonville State or Sam Houston would there be 20,000 at Eddie Robinson Memorial Stadium? That is when a home and home can be beneficial.

That's why you get them to buy season ticket packages. Then there wont be any picking and choosing about which game they want to go to. "I already got the tickets. I don't really want to see jax state but I'm going anyhow." Some of y'all are so lost about other teams bringing fans to YOUR stadium. Its not their job to fill your stadium... Its yours!! If your fans don't come out and support your program then be man at your people... not theirs!! Yes you went and watched you team play at their place. Hope it was fun. The best you could do is demand more money to go b/c you do pack out their stadium.

Last edited:
Show you how this works...we got NWST...they gave us whatever the amount 40k to play them...we went there in droves and they probably made for that entire day close to 125k - 300k somewhere in that range..maybe cleared close to 100k-175k after expenses between those ranges...the city alone and campus with concessions and parking and ticket sales...etc...I believe in my heart they made between those figures

We took the money came to A.W. and probably made what we would normally make..I can't remember the attendance for that game..but they didn't bring any fans to help with ticket sales or parking or buy our concessions...(yall make profits on yall on, we aint supporting yall) and they had a good ball club LOL..so we can't see between the lines...we are that dayum blind to not see this shat..what fans don't follow a good football team lol..smh

So in the end they made more by us traveling to their stadium plus recop'd the money that the paid us to play them and we took the money and made average on the game..prolly had to use the money to cover whatever cost we may have lost with that game or such...just bad business all around...prolly made on that game what we would usually make if we have a weak SWAC team to play us...now if we would have had a FAMU home home..we could have made more..once the series picked up and promotion for the game etc..the long run it would yielded us more money than to play NWST...

I understand what you're saying BH and I agree w/ you, to a certain extent.

But there is one problem, imho. How does one maximize (collegiate athletic) profit(s) via Texas College? Langston University? Edward Waters College? Tuskegee University? Morehouse College? et al OOC HBCUs that are not local? They are not going to bring a cajillion fans to your venue, first off. They will not bring their band, unless financed $$$$ are involved to support their travel + per diems for meals - which may be a draw for your fanbase. Do you continue to ass-rape your core fanbase? smh

And, you can strike Howard off your list. I can assure you we do NOT have those type of (athletic) financial means to support air travel + hotel stay + daily per diem for food/travel costs over a 2 day span for an entire football team some 800-900 miles away as the travel budget is already in dire straits. If memory serves correct, in the 90s, we did a home-and-home (???) w/ sTu when they had those 2 all-world 1000+ yd running backs (Sieh was one, I believe). Texas alums, like moi, wanted Howard to have a presence here and recruit football players here ;) .

Bruh stop it...

Dude you need to do some research smh

LOL according to TP and some other mouth...I mean JSU fans, that didn't happen.

I never said that.. I knew the season had gone to shitt after that game. We had four sorry teams in a row.. GSU, PV, Valley and SU and lost to all of em. smh OMJ knew he had to right the ship and what you saw vs TxSo and Alcorn is what you gonna get in 2015.

That's why you get them to buy season ticket packages. Then there wont be any picking and choosing about which game they want to go to. "I already got the tickets. I don't really want to see jax state but I'm going anyhow." Some of y'all are so lost about other teams bringing fans to YOUR stadium. Its not their job to fill your stadium... Its yours!! If your fans don't come out and support your program then be man at your people... not theirs!! Yes you went and watched you team play at their place. Hope it was fun. The best you could do is demand more money to go b/c you do pack out their stadium.

Yep....

This dude actually thinks this makes sense.

So if you pick the powerball numbers right after they are pull. Should they give you the pot?

Let's just say you got lucky.. a few weeks earlier and sorry azz PV would have been in Houston in your place. FACT!

Exactly.. it's dumb to keep harping on other teams not bringing fans.. Where are your own fans? smh They are not going to bring fans because they don't care. The alums of those schools have BEEN supporting the big FBS schools and support their schools when time permits. HBCU football is important to us. FCS football is NOT important to them... but so many people fail to see that.

Bruh
your mind is on money money..build your brand and the money will come and you wont have to run to whitey and play these games..

We wasn't playing these big schools before and we had all the top players...

you really don't think playing a Hampton or Howard home home wont yield something greater and better than that 650k check? it may not in the 1st or so years..but keep at it...

you really don't think playing a FAMU or SCST wont yield something greater and better than that 300k check? keep at it..

We don't need to be playing these schools..

Do you even know where the 650k will be going towards??? and 300k?

See here's the thing when these white schools play each other and get these funds..they use the money to create buildings to attact students etc...build businesses around campus...better dorms and structures for these kids

What do you think we will do with this 950k we will get?
What will SU use with these funds??

And in what fantasy land did you see this ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back