Why is it difficult for the SWAC to schedule top FCS Schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your season went to shit after you hired OMJ. Famu gave yall false hope. But then again, they are in the meWacK.

Ya know what? I agree. Hiring a first time HC and then having him assemble a first time staff was a setback. At this level, you want to hire a HC or at least an OC who can bring people with him. But now, we are going to fast forward to 2015. We have an improved staff and a team with a brand new energy. Look over us if you want but you will be one sad dude in BR.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Ya know what? I agree. Hiring a first time HC and then having him assemble a first time staff was a setback. At this level, you want to hire a HC or at least an OC who can bring people with him. But now, we are going to fast forward to 2015. We have an improved staff and a team with a brand new energy. Look over us if you want but you will be one sad dude in BR.
Singing "Jackson State aint what they use to b"!! U the one who needs to fast forward this is 2015 not the 80s!! Singing " Jackson State aint what they use to b"! Go Home!!

Grambling hosted La Tech in Shreveport and had a contract in place to bring SMU to Shreveport! There's no NCAA rule banning FBS teams from visiting FCS

Grambling hosted La Tech in Shreveport and had a contract in place to bring SMU to Shreveport! There's no NCAA rule banning FBS teams from visiting FCS

That's a neutral site game. No way in hell an FBS team is going to hit the road to go to an FCS team's home stadium. Its against policy that the higher division team does not play a lower division team at the lower division team stadium.

That's like Alabama State nowadays playing Stillman at Stillman.

How about this: call South Alabama and see what they say about playing Grambling in Grambling? I will save you the trouble. They will say hell to the no!

That's a neutral site game. No way in hell an FBS team is going to hit the road to go to an FCS team's home stadium. Its against policy that the higher division team does not play a lower division team at the lower division team stadium.

That's like Alabama State nowadays playing Stillman at Stillman.

How about this: call South Alabama and see what they say about playing Grambling in Grambling? I will save you the trouble. They will say hell to the no!

well, there was that one time aamu went to tuskegee :(. in 2016 they've got a road game at pratville high.

Y'all coming with these rare exceptions, knowing good and well lower division schools don't host higher division schools

And in what fantasy land did you see this ever happen?

Yet Big Worm is 3-1 against JSU.

but AAMU just played Tuskegee at Tuskegee

laughing_smiley.gif

Looking forward to kicking JSU's ass in September. On the field and in the stands....AGAIN. (bird man hand rub)

Why is it difficult for the SWAC to schedule top FCS Schools?

If I had to guess, only Alcorn and Valley may have this problem........With other members, I think it is just a personal preference and what is more feasible or lucrative when it comes to scheduling.

Alcorn has played a lot of these teams in the past. I think SE LA may have been the last time we did a home and home with. It doesn't benefit us financially to play these schools now and we aren't truly competing for anything but a conference championship. So strength of schedule means nothing. Hopson wants a home game that's a win and a money game. That money game benefits our program more than a home and home with a top tier FCS school.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Alcorn has played a lot of these teams in the past. I think SE LA may have been the last time we did a home and home with. It doesn't benefit us financially to play these schools now and we aren't truly competing for anything but a conference championship. So strength of schedule means nothing. Hopson wants a home game that's a win and a money game. That money game benefits our program more than a home and home with a top tier FCS school.

Which means Alcorn Football will not be recognized NATIONALLY CONSISTENTLY. I wonder what is Hopson's attitude toward the MEAC?

Which means Alcorn Football will not be recognized NATIONALLY CONSISTENTLY. I wonder what is Hopson's attitude toward the MEAC?

He did a pretty good job recruiting the state of FL this year. I know our kids where happy to compete against USM last year and MS State a couple of years ago. What is your attitude towards the MEAC? I don't care about the MEAC.

Some people wanna complain about our ADs and presidents but I think a number of them don't get the credit that they deserve. SWAC schools have to look at our scheduling from a business minded standpoint more than any FCS schools outside of some MEAC schools (like FAMU). As we know, our football and basketball programs (as well as some fo the SWAC bands) are the money makers and help fund the other sports. Our ADs have to have that mindset when scheduling the best way they see fit (SU this year is getting a cool mil from 2 OOC FBS games. Valley has one money game this year with UNM (since JSU comes to Itta Bena this year))

I think SE LA may have been the last time we did a home and home with. It doesn't benefit us financially to play these schools now and we aren't truly competing for anything but a conference championship. So strength of schedule means nothing. .

This is so untrue. Strength of schedule has always been important. It's just some really slow people who can't see it. Yet, let a 9-2 Alcorn team get left out of the playoffs and watch the beyotchin begin.

There is no written policy in the NCAA rulebook that a higher division team can't play at a lower division teams stadium.

There is no written policy in the NCAA rulebook that a higher division team can't play at a lower division teams stadium.

No written NCAA policy, but it's more of an unwritten policy or guidelines used by higher-division institutions.

If you're in a higher division, why would you lower yourself to play at a lower-division school's house?

I think a major issue is geography. Since you said "TOP" FCS schools, how many are within the SWAC footprint? SHSU, McNeese, J'ville State, SELA who else? I think that's it. SWAC schools have played all of them within the decade.

Exactly. Not many of those schools are dominating FCS. But I don't mind playing a local FCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back