Why is it difficult for the SWAC to schedule top FCS Schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Those 51-49/50-48 games were at least 15 years ago. Current players weren't even potty trained by then. Besides, the MEAC has their own scheduling problems nowadays.
2. Tailgates at Howard home games? Only at homecoming ... Why would Southern spend tens of thousands of dollars just to say we played in Washington, D.C.? Cats at Howard don't really go to Howard games. Hold up ... Why you got such a hard-on for Howard?

A: They are in the Nation's Capitol. Plus, as crazy as this may sound, even the Howard Folks are realizing that in order to keep its football program up and running, they are going need bigger, more consistent draws. Don't fall for that illusion of their hatred of the Celebration Bowl. They want more SWAC games. Like I've stated previously, there is more behind them letting their women's soccer team join the SWAC than meets the eye.

However, I would prefer to see the Southern-FAMU game AS A HOME-AND-HOME every first weekend of November/last weekend of October like it was when I was in undergrad. Hell, I'd love to see it on the schedule period, Home-and-Home or in a neutral-site environment that is financially beneficial to both institutions.

A: Question: what if the Atlanta Classic wanted SU and FAMU on an annual basis like JSU and TN State? Would you support that? Southwest has hubs in New Orleans and Houston.

1. Those 51-49/50-48 games were at least 15 years ago. Current players weren't even potty trained by then. Besides, the MEAC has their own scheduling problems nowadays.
2. Tailgates at Howard home games? Only at homecoming ... Why would Southern spend tens of thousands of dollars just to say we played in Washington, D.C.? Cats at Howard don't really go to Howard games. Hold up ... Why you got such a hard-on for Howard?

However, I would prefer to see the Southern-FAMU game AS A HOME-AND-HOME every first weekend of November/last weekend of October like it was when I was in undergrad. Hell, I'd love to see it on the schedule period, Home-and-Home or in a neutral-site environment that is financially beneficial to both institutions.

I sorta agree about Howard but I look at it like this since I live on the EAST coast. We need some SWAC football up this way. You have a LOT of SWAC alums on the EAST coast and DC is a prime spot for a game. Who cares is we take over Howard's little stadium. We are the SWAC. That is what we do! Imagine SU in DC on Labor Day weekend. #crunk! lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Honestly
And for the record, I prefer a 7 game format but I don't trust these ADs to do right... AT ALL! I could miss the annual JSU-SU game. They could meet us in Houston in December if they truly want some. However, on the years when we don't play, I would just want to believe that my admins thought ahead and TRIED to find a suitable game of interest. A 7 game format also gives you the opportunity to build non-conference rivals. JSU once had a 5 game series with Howard and we played FAMU and NW State more. But the problem is unless we get some ADs with the Roy Culberson mindset, the schedules are gonna suck azz!

I agree with everything you stated.

I remember those games against Howard and Hampton in New Jersey in Giant stadium.

People are asking why I'm pushing Howard:

Howard folks are not that naive. They know that for their football program to thrive they are going to need to schedule SWAC Opponents (most of which have LARGE Alumni and Fanbases in the DMV Area).

They ain't just let their women's soccer program join the SWAC for no reason. I was even told via sources they wanted to indeed play Hopson and Alcorn.

Keep in Mind this too:

SOUTHWEST Airlines use to sponsor a lot of our games!!! They operate in Baltimore, DC, ATL, MEM, HOU, and DAL!!!!

Grambling could easily find 2 extra games, I would like to see a home and home vs Tennessee State and annual neutral site game in Shreveport vs Southland teams

JSU is SU's biggest current rival. GSU historically. It doesn't matter the records of either SU or JSU when we play. We literally hate each other.
I agree with braveheart123 i believe this season alcorn vs southern plus grambling will b epic this season. Southern vs jackson will always b there but im a football guy Southern vs Alcorn and bayou classic is what im looking forward too. Southern will kill jackson again this season!

I agree with braveheart123 i believe this season alcorn vs southern plus grambling will b epic this season. Southern vs jackson will always b there but im a football guy Southern vs Alcorn and bayou classic is what im looking forward too. Southern will kill jackson again this season!

Dude we gonna run ya'll outta Baton Rouge. Alcorn fans said they were gonna drop 80 points on us.. we see how THAT went. :snicker: Our winning streak in BR will continue!

How many local kids was Cole signing when he was there?

How many local kids is (present tense) Asberry and staff getting while they are currently there right now, this very second? I think that's the most important question that needs to be addressed which impacts 2015-2016 football.

Dude we gonna run ya'll outta Baton Rouge. Alcorn fans said they were gonna drop 80 points on us.. we see how THAT went. :snicker: Our winning streak in BR will continue!

Unless Comegy is coming back to coach JSU....that isht aint happening. LOL!

Unless Comegy is coming back to coach JSU....that isht aint happening. LOL!

You gone see.. Worm went 4-8 then won the SWAC before the decline of SU football began as Stumps recruits slowly leave. Watch what we do in Jacktown this year!

How many local kids is (present tense) Asberry and staff getting while they are currently there right now, this very second? I think that's the most important question that needs to be addressed which impacts 2015-2016 football.
He signed 2 in 2015. HBU signed 3. I wanted to compare to Cole.

You gone see.. Worm went 4-8 then won the SWAC before the decline of SU football began as Stumps recruits slowly leave. Watch what we do in Jacktown this year!
Hahahahaha!! Anyway. Your team so lost they couldnt even find them on the internet. Boy go talk shit to valley. Alcorn our main concern.

If I'm not mistaken the vote was unanimous. Another point is that our last president and current president are in support of removing the 9 game mandate. I think there are schools that lean on that NCAA rule for the sake of having a winning record. Let's be honest GSU, SU, and JSU can field a full schedule with no problem. It's other SWAC schools who can't. That is the problem with the growth of the SWAC.

Don't include Bama State in your other SWAC schools list. Our problem is scheduling conference teams which our fans have no interest in seeing play.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Decline? Alcorn was the only SWAC team we lost too while dealing with certification issues and starting a true freshman at QB who may I add, you and your J-State brethren said wouldn't lead SU to victories.

If I'm not mistaken the vote was unanimous. Another point is that our last president and current president are in support of removing the 9 game mandate. I think there are schools that lean on that NCAA rule for the sake of having a winning record. Let's be honest GSU, SU, and JSU can field a full schedule with no problem. It's other SWAC schools who can't. That is the problem with the growth of the SWAC.

They were scheduling each other as OOC games though.

They were scheduling each other as OOC games though.

Everyone knows those are big rivalries and revenue generators to boot. The conference was at fault for this. They should have developed a format with interdivisional permanent designations and forbade any other interdivisional games outside of the aforementioned format that would deviate from the revolving schedule. I'm sure you knew the solution though........

Everyone knows those are big rivalries and revenue generators to boot. The conference was at fault for this. They should have developed a format with interdivisional permanent designations and forbade any other interdivisional games outside of the aforementioned format that would deviate from the revolving schedule. I'm sure you knew the solution though........

I know the solution and that's not it. You want to stick it to those schools that are willing to rotate all the opposite division schools by creating this false premise of a permanent division foe just for your advantage.

Actually that's what they did, Fiyah issue was j-state not playing them. If you recall that was the time when Jackson just straight up punked PV by not playing them.

AAMU had issues with us because we rotated them every two years.

Last edited:
Actually that's what they did, Fiyah issue was j-state not playing them. If you recall that's was the time when Jackson just straight up punked PV by not playing them.

AAMU had issues with us because we rotated them every two years.
PV got mad but financially, it didnt make sense to schedule that game. Our fans just dont get up for pv and it wouldnt have made any money. We may have lost money.

Ummm....you do realize in 2013, Worm won with Stumps players. Recall 2012, December 2013 and that MASSACRE in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised if 2015 was worse than 2004.

And you see why I say you know NOTHING about football. How is it that Mudbone BARELY won 4 games with Comegys players?? A team that went to Houston in December of 2013 and in 2014 finished damn near last in the East.

Ummm....you do realize in 2013, Worm won with Stumps players. Recall 2012, December 2013 and that MASSACRE in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised if 2015 was worse than 2004.

And you see why I say you know NOTHING about football. How is it that Mudbone BARELY won 4 games with Comegys players?? A team that went to Houston in December of 2013 and in 2014 finished damn near last in the East.

Folks gonna learn. And most of them on here were saying the same thing until reality hit.

Folk forget JSU was down at times 33 - 7 before half LOL..and 42-14

Everybody in the stadium knew how big of a heart Big Worm had that night..cuz we easily could have scored 70-80 pts on yall cornballs..

Dayum if Pete was around it may have been the case LOL

A TRUE FRESHMAN QB LOL smh...

yall carry on..

Poor fella..tp :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back