Your next American Idol prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks NN. As for Fantasia...America probably isn't ready for the gospelly sounding Barry Manilow song. As for George, I thought he was ok.

Conan's butt should not even be up there. But I will prepare myself to see him as the next American Idol.

I don't think they like LaToya...she can sing but she seems "plain" to me. She needs some pizazz.

I said it to my co-worker a couple of week ago.....that red head dude will be in the top 3. White America will vote for him. Its not about talent...we saw that with the first season...Tamyra Gray. Now one of the ladies on the view had an interesting take on it. She thought it was Simons fault. That he is so harsh to them that they get the sympathy vote.

I don't know...:confused: This changes the whole show for me. Jennifer had really stepped up her game to give LaToya, Fantasia and George a run for their money.

I for one am truely piss** off about this man. You could tell that Jennifer would be gone sooner rather than later. She stayed in the bottom 3 it seems all the time. Voters just don't like her. But NoWAY Fantasia, Jennifer and Latoya were the bottom 3 as far as performance. It is just a shame that this show is no longer about talent but about popularity.

However,
I don't believe that the show is rigged. I simply believe this is just another illustration of the continued failure of Black Americans to make their voices heard by VOTING! It happens all the time in politics (Can you say BUSH) and now its happening with this Idol show. I know I for one do not vote on this show. Am I the only guilty party on this thread?

Young 16 year old white girls all across America are voting religously. Case and Point The Red Head White Guy is in the Final 6. Can you believe that crap? I can't even believe he's in the same competition with Fantasia and Latoya London. But.......You get what you deserve when you don't vote !

Black men don't vote and there are a lot of black women who want vote for a black woman but will use the last 5 minutes on their cell phone to vote for Reuben. You can believe that George is getting all of the gay vote from blacks and whites. I think LaToya will win because she sems more acceptable to whites than Fantasia.

Don Tiger: I agree that we are not voting.

Enswaclopedia: It is interesting that you say LaToya is more acceptable to whites than Fantasia. I actually think there is some truth to this. Would you venture to suggest why this is so...

I just checked out the American Idol bullentin board. Most of the ofays over there think LaToya is stuck up and the other black chick is not an American Idol because she is a single mother. They are hell bent on voting the black sistas out. So the only thing we can do is....VOTE.

So instead of crying racism, it's rigged, I hate the red head(which I do)...LET'S VOTE!!!

NASTYNUPE said:
I just checked out the American Idol bullentin board. Most of the ofays over there think LaToya is stuck up and the other black chick is not an American Idol because she is a single mother. They are hell bent on voting the black sistas out. So the only thing we can do is....VOTE.

So instead of crying racism, it's rigged, I hate the red head(which I do)...LET'S VOTE!!!
:smash: :bowdown:

I saw the American Idol board. Someone mentioned that they like "carrot top" because he has more class. That may or may not be so, but it has no bearing on the fact that he is no "American Idol". He doesn't have any vocal skills at all, which leads me to believe that people did vote based on popularity and not skills. Like someone said, the exact same thing happened last year with Tamara. Regardless of what happens on this show today, I am almost certain that all three of these women will get pick up by someone in the same fashion Kwame Jackson got picked up by billionare Mark Cuban.

NASTYNUPE said:

forreal. :hat:

enswaclopedia said:
Black men don't vote and there are a lot of black women who want vote for a black woman but will use the last 5 minutes on their cell phone to vote for Reuben. You can believe that George is getting all of the gay vote from blacks and whites. I think LaToya will win because she sems more acceptable to whites than Fantasia.

Regardless if Fantasia is the next AI or not, I do believe her future is signed, sealed and delivered. :tup:

Exposure is a wonderful thing! :jump:

I voted on MSN.com These were the results at the time that I voted.
They wanted to know if we should vote for who we want to stay or who we want to go. I think we should vote for who we want to go. But then again, it doesn't matter if "we" don't vote.

There is another good article on MSN.com regarding AI and how people feel about the results.

How should the voting be on "American Idol"? * 5777 responses

Keep it the same
10%

Vote for who you want eliminated
90%

Wel I for one have been voting. I vote multiple times for the ones I want to see stay around. I am mad because i didn't get a chance to vote as many time as I usually do(20 to 25 times for Jennifer). Now some of my white co-workers have been voting and I must say they love Fantasia and think she is the next american idol. They also "like" red head white but don't see him moving on.

'American Idol' Voting Strikes Sour Note

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Theories flew fast and furious Thursday after the ``American Idol'' viewer vote went against favorite Jennifer Hudson, ranging from racism to fateful weather to teenage puppy love.

story

This may be the situation...

"It is the same in years when someone wins an Oscar because three better films split the votes. The three ladies more than likely have people voting along the same demographic and that splits their vote,'' the message said.

I don't think it was a case of Blacks not voting. It's just that there were 4 Blacks and 3 Whites. There are just too many white people who are voting along racial lines instead of talent and ability. You have to remember that Blacks will probally always be a minority in this country. It's like running for public office in a statewide election. You can't win by catering to Black voters only. The reason Reuben defeated Clay was because Clay is ugly as hell and there are serious doubts to his sexual preference.

It's called RATINGS. I haven't watched it for two weeks, but because of this craziness, you better believe I'll be tuning in to see who does what. And tomorrow night will be a big ratings boom too.

I've pretty much given up on this show. I think it's on it's last leg. People (the producers) will continue to find more ways to keep the viewers tuned in. If that means 'voting' off the obvious choice to keep it interesting, they'll do that. However, in my opinion, doing stuff like that pushes people away.

Fox has never been good at making popular (good) decisions. Look how bad they messed up New York Undercover back in the day. I've never gotten over that... :redhot: Thursday nights have never been the same... :(

Gloria Estefan and salsa music is tonight's theme. Hhhmmmmmm...Fox has come up with a perfect way to get the black people voted off!!! Most performances were horrible.

Next week, they should have the white people performing to Rick James or Funkadelic.

I missed the show last night due to my daughter's school function.

Which Black person will get voted off?

The performances sucked big time last night, by everyone. But, I did vote for the black folks...and their lines were busy all night. It'll be interesting to see which black contestant goes tonight.

:smh:

SU's Finest '93 said:
The performances sucked big time last night, by everyone. But, I did vote for the black folks...and their lines were busy all night. It'll be interesting to see which black contestant goes tonight.

:smh:

Which black person had the worst performance?

NASTYNUPE said:
Gloria Estefan and salsa music is tonight's theme. Hhhmmmmmm...Fox has come up with a perfect way to get the black people voted off!!! Most performances were horrible.

Next week, they should have the white people performing to Rick James or Funkadelic.
:lmao:

I think Fantasia will get voted off. She kept shouting out to Jennifer. She did it about 3 times. George was really horrible. He looks like Sambo. I wish he'd stop looking like a timid gun shy slave "Massa don't wants us talking bout no Jennifer" I think LaToya performed the best...the Hawaiian chick was good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back