Why are so many Black men absent in the Black family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posed by another poster, so, Lots of theories...what do you think?

Let's examine the obvious answers first:
- Mass incarceration (black men are imprisoned more often and serve longer sentences than any other ethnic group)
- Death (the leading cause of death in black community is by ourselves)
- Unemployment (black unemployment rate has historically been twice as high as whites)
- Drugs(depending on who and what you believe, drug infiltrated in black communities decades ago destroyed the very fabric of the nuclear household).

:tup: tellem BW. :lol:

It's true! If you can have sex without being married why get married to the person? Some men are only looking for a sexual conquest and then they move on. Even if they have kids by the person they move to the next victim.

It's true! If you can have sex without being married why get married to the person? Some men are only looking for a sexual conquest and then they move on. Even if they have kids by the person they move to the next victim.

I was reading a story in the NYT a few weeks about the revelation that 1 in 5 children are born out of wedlock.

And part of the story mentioned how there isn't an obligation anymore for women and men to stick together/marry after conceiving a child. The women interviewed in the piece said the stigma of being an unwed mom or single mom doesn't exist.

Many said they felt they don't need a man to help raise their children.

Black men aren't the only ones that are able to have sex without getting married...but the numbers appear to be higher in the Black Community where the black man is absent in the black family.

The lack of committment is the "issue" more-so than sex. for whatever reason it seems to take black men a much longer time to want to commit, in my opinion

If you look back years ago when you were growing up. You would see a few guys in the community that had several kids by different women. He wasn't committed because he knew that he had a good chance of meeting another lady in the same town/city that would give up the goods. Now days, men just want to sow their oats. As long as you have a willing partner why rush to be committed to that person.

Black men aren't the only ones that are able to have sex without getting married...but the numbers appear to be higher in the Black Community where the black man is absent in the black family.

The lack of committment is the "issue" more-so than sex. for whatever reason it seems to take black men a much longer time to want to commit, in my opinion

Takes us longer to get settled and secure in life.

I was reading a story in the NYT a few weeks about the revelation that 1 in 5 children are born out of wedlock.

And part of the story mentioned how there isn't an obligation anymore for women and men to stick together/marry after conceiving a child. The women interviewed in the piece said the stigma of being an unwed mom or single mom doesn't exist.

Many said they felt they don't need a man to help raise their children.

Did you say 1 in 5 children? Man, you are making too much statistical sense. This is too deep for some folks to understand.

Lets keep it honest, yes there are dead beat dads, but no one tells the truth about the sistas who keep or run these dudes away. When you keep up mess 24 hours, 7 days a week, you some times have to pick up the pieces and keep it moving for the better out come. There are always three sides to every story, his story, her story and the truth!!!

Lets keep it honest, yes there are dead beat dads, but no one tells the truth about the sistas who keep or run these dudes away. When you keep up mess 24 hours, 7 days a week, you some times have to pick up the pieces and keep it moving for the better out come. There are always three sides to every story, his story, her story and the truth!!!

Now this really DEEP and I mean DEEP.

Takes us longer to get settled and secure in life.

Even from the standpoint of being in a committed/monogamous relationship (not so much marriage but dating) Black men drag their feet. In my opinion Black men are scared of committment as if you're going to miss out on something/someone else. :lol:

Not all non-Black men are settled and secure in life when they decide to get serious and date/marry.

It really seams like its all the guys fault. No need to discuss. We all dogs, horemongering, careless, etc...Women are all saints in this....End of story..

Even from the standpoint of being in a committed/monogamous relationship (not so much marriage but dating) Black men drag their feet. In my opinion Black men are scared of committment as if you're going to miss out on something/someone else. :lol:

Not all non-Black men are settled and secure in life when they decide to get serious and date/marry.

True, from the time I was young buck, the older men in my life told me to go sow my oats though. Even now, I have two mentors telling me to wait till I am 35 before considering anything serious.

Also SS, lets be honest. A lot of those non-blacks get married early to start families but never stop screwing around. The wife is for the kids, the mistress is for the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back