Who got da tightest yard in the SWAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to every SWAC campus, and PV & Alcorn lead to me.

Alcorn because they have lots of space and they utilize it well. PV is just straight nice and the apts are off the chain.

AAMU, it ok, but I've seen better

And all you JSU haters, just you wait and see!;)

Originally posted by JSU'99

Alcorn because they have lots of space and they utilize it well. PV is just straight nice and the apts are off the chain.

I would have to agree with JSU '99. PV & Alcorn have the best looking campuses. JSU is looking better everytime I go on campus when I come to Jackson. AAMU looks alright, but it's nothing to brag on. Now off from a distance coming down Memorial Pwy, AAMU looks beautiful sitting on the Hill.

Originally posted by JSU'99

That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. You keep talking about what jsu is gonna get. I think the "gist" of this post is WHAT DO YOU HAVE? :confused:

See Alcorn St and PV are in the middle of nowhere so there campus SHOULD look better. AAMU is 4 minutes from downtown but has a setting that makes it look like it is off to itself... I have been to plenty of campus's... Hampton has it HANDS DOWN. Tennessee State is a close second.... BTW... east coast schools look better than down south schools... CIAA campus' are much cleaner.

JSU is moving in a positive direction... it is just now all that "outsiders" like myself see is cut up roads and other eye soars... it is the same way TSU use to be before all the renovations and new buildings were put up. In the future JSU will look beautiful, but as of now it is a major eyesoar.

Originally posted by DAHILL
See Alcorn St and PV are in the middle of nowhere so there campus SHOULD look better.

Let's not get away from the topic. The topic was not "Who has the tightest urban yard or rural yard." The topic is Who has the tightest yard, period. Whether they are out in the middle of no where or in a city, they(PV and Alcorn) have the best looking campuses.

To me AAMU campus was straight , looked fairly clean, PV is off the chain, Valley campus looks like a prison camp off the highway in the cotton fields, Southern is also okay to it was pretty clean. Gsu is not all that to me, JSu has came up A WHOLE LOT, I like the apartment they have set up for student I wish Alcorn would do something like this, and Alcorn campus has a very beautiful landscape.

PV's campus smells like weed during the day; but it does look the best. We're building a new College of Nursing in Houston's Medical Center right now also. The only negative is that ugly -middle school- looking football stadium.

Scenic Beauty

Tuskegee is very scenic and historic with building rennovations and historic preservation. It amazes me that Tuskegee, the city, gets no props for such historic preservation efforts with all this, "save the downtowns" and "historic preservation" crap that is all the rage among preservationists and anti-growth economic development types. If a downtown preserved the buildings that Tuskegee has preserved, they would be all over The Discovery Channel or The Learning Channel in some kind of special on historic preservation. Tuskegee gets no run for all of the historic preservation on its campus. :redhot: Being in a small town and having a tremendous mix of anti-bellum architecture and the campus of Tuskegee Institute is a tourism/historic preservationist mecca,,,,,, BUT,,,,,,,,,, because Tuskegee is a black college and in a predominantly black county (about 95% black would be my guess) which is among the poorest counties and regions in the nation, Tuskegee gets little or no run.

Re: Scenic Beauty

Originally posted by Bartram
Tuskegee is very scenic and historic with building rennovations and historic preservation. It amazes me that Tuskegee, the city, gets no props for such historic preservation efforts with all this, "save the downtowns" and "historic preservation" crap that is all the rage among preservationists and anti-growth economic development types. If a downtown preserved the buildings that Tuskegee has preserved, they would be all over The Discovery Channel or The Learning Channel in some kind of special on historic preservation. Tuskegee gets no run for all of the historic preservation on its campus. :redhot: Being in a small town and having a tremendous mix of anti-bellum architecture and the campus of Tuskegee Institute is a tourism/historic preservationist mecca,,,,,, BUT,,,,,,,,,, because Tuskegee is a black college and in a predominantly black county (about 95% black would be my guess) which is among the poorest counties and regions in the nation, Tuskegee gets little or no run.

I'm must say that Tuskegee does have a very nice campus. I really enjoyed my tour. I've also been to almost every SIAC campus too. ( I loves my HBCUs!!!:D ) and they definitely have some nice digs. And the Kellogg Center. That place is better than some of the hotels I stayed at

The Bluff at Southern is breath taking with the Mississippi River serving as the back drop of the University

Re: Scenic Beauty

Originally posted by Bartram

I definitely agree... TU has a beautiful campus.. It is VERY LARGE... I never understood how the school was that large for only around 3000 studens...

ASUBRAVE1 said:
JSU is the pits when I come on their campus it just makes you want to vomit. :vomit:

I think that Alcorn has the best campus in the Swac, now I think the A&M has a beautiful campus but I will give it to the Corn... Now as for UAPB it has come a long ways we have a beautiful campus and we are still improving so just give us a few and we will be there........

PV hands down.

THe new juvenile justice building

juvjusticeday.jpg

In coming years expect a lot more on the Mississippi schools campuses. Steps are are being taken to improve the schools tremendously. Some faster than others. JSU is now moving faster at improvements than Alcorn or Valley. From the looks of things they will on top in about two or three years. I've seen some of the things they are working on. BAD!!! But don't look for Alcorn to stay stagnate for long. There are several things in the plan. It may take some time because we are still located in MS. Plus we have two campuses to care for and a possible third working up soon. May eventually have our own campus in Vicksburg instead of using facilities ar Hinds. Things that are on the design table, close to completion, or waiting on the monies are:
New Dining Facility with plaza area also may include an amphitheatre nearby
Men's Dormitory
Whitney Complex Renovations
Health and Wellness Complex
Baseball and Softball Stadium facilities
Environmental Science Building
BioTechnology Research Center
Business Facility (Natchez Campus)
Fine Arts Building (Natchez Campus)
Agri-Golf Center with a 21 hole golf course and all that other good stuff
School of Business building renovations
Renovations to the old Prez house to become the Alumni house.
Still in the talking process of locating a Technology Park near the Natchez campus.
These are what I can remember that are going on. So look out we hitting them hard in a couple of years.

Oh the Prez had envisioned developing the entire 7 mile stretch. I saw the designwhen I worked in the VP office. It would be bad as he11 if was to happen. But this probably won't make it no further than the design that I saw. But it was to include testing sites for large corporations, Conference center, apartments complex, single and multiple family houses, 1500 and 900 acres lakes, boating marina, and nature trails for binking and walking.

ASU2002 said:
Oh the Prez had envisioned developing the entire 7 mile stretch. I saw the designwhen I worked in the VP office. It would be bad as he11 if was to happen. But this probably won't make it no further than the design that I saw. But it was to include testing sites for large corporations, Conference center, apartments complex, single and multiple family houses, 1500 and 900 acres lakes, boating marina, and nature trails for binking and walking.

I think developing the stretch would be a great idea. The problem would be getting those land owners off the land. How long ago has that idea been on the table?

Who ever said CIAA schools look clean surely hasn't seen St. Augustine College (Raliegh, NC). :xeye: It was kind of rough in stops. I even seen a sign that said no fire arms.

Braveman12 said:
I think developing the stretch would be a great idea. The problem would be getting those land owners off the land. How long ago has that idea been on the table?

This was maybe in 2000 I think.
Yeah that was the problem they ran into. This old Professor that taught there a long time ago owns hundreds of acres of land near campus and is not letting it go. I'm really sure what they are doing about it now. But it would still take a lot from the state level.

Hey man what's your name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back