The Mike Brown shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ferguson Police Stats--Explain this away

Now here is the friend's version :rolleyes:
[video]http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/World/ID/2485993968/[/video]

Not uncovered, but laid in the street for awhile. I would think that they would have put it in a coroner's van or ambulance but not in a police car, never heard of that. I think if they would have called the shooting in the ambulance would have been there to at least try to save the kid.

Two points of error clarification.

1) I stated earlier in this thread or one of the others that he was not placed in a police car. Look carefully at that video. Behind the police SUV is a dark colored minivan with the back lift gate up and a gurney in front of it. That is what we usually refer to as a "body car." The body was loaded there, and that is not uncommon.

2) The chief stated today that there was an ambulance in the area that had just finished an unrelated call that did make the scene and evaluate Brown after the shooting. Once it is established that a patient is deceased, the ambulance is no longer needed and usually leaves the scene. Dead bodies are not usually transported transported in an ambulance.

I do remember seeing this video a few days ago. He said quite a bit that turns out to coincide with some of what has been released on both sides. But he was in error when he said no police were called, as we found out today. The police WERE called, but apparently that officer still didn't stop them due to the robbery.

As for the body in the street, again, you only get one chance to get a crime scene investigation right. I have been on scenes where a body lay on a scene for nearly 8 hours. It's not pretty, but necessary for proper investigation.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Also...WHERE ARE THE CIGARS HE SUPPOSEDLY STOLE? Did anyone notice cigars scattered on the ground around the body?

I remember the witness that was walking with him saying a few days ago they were smoking when the police started with them.

this ninja is full of shit period...wonder how much of that syrup he'd been sipping before the shooting and before this video that is sitting on the counter!

If he was several feet away with his hands in the air should he have been murdered (let me guess a black man did you wrong)? :lol: :emlaugh:

So basically...the people are protesting a wrong that was countered with another potential wrong? Oh lord...:smh:

Now, the chief is clarifying his clarification...:smh:

He says initially, the officer stopped them for being in the street. He says the officer knew of the robbery, but didn't realize he was talking to the suspect. Apparently, as he pulled off, he realized he saw cigars in Brown's hand and realized that he was the likely robbery suspect.

One thing I will say...the chief needs to stop talking and hire a department spokesman and/or public information officer to speak to/field questions from the press. I say that not so he can COVER anything, but at least to coordinate the release of information, because this could not look worse on the department. On one hand, the video and info release lends more context to the entire series of events. But the bit by bit addition and clarification muddies whatever clarity was gained right back up. And that looks BAD...

But some of these activists, like this local NAACP guy that has been in front of the cameras all day, need to stand down as well, because some of their info they keep throwing out has been shot down as well. So far, the only one I have seen handling this the right way is Capt. Johnson from the state police.

Now, the chief is clarifying his clarification...:smh:

He says initially, the officer stopped them for being in the street. He says the officer knew of the robbery, but didn't realize he was talking to the suspect. Apparently, as he pulled off, he realized he saw cigars in Brown's hand and realized that he was the likely robbery suspect.

One thing I will say...the chief needs to stop talking and hire a department spokesman and/or public information officer to speak to/field questions from the press. I say that not so he can COVER anything, but at least to coordinate the release of information, because this could not look worse on the department. On one hand, the video and info release lends more context to the entire series of events. But the bit by bit addition and clarification muddies whatever clarity was gained right back up. And that looks BAD...

But some of these activists, like this local NAACP guy that has been in front of the cameras all day, need to stand down as well, because some of their info they keep throwing out has been shot down as well. So far, the only one I have seen handling this the right way is Capt. Johnson from the state police.

He needs to keep talking lol

yep...he is making it blatantly clear that they are trying to get their stories together to make it all tie together but they keep having meetings without him and then he has to have another press conference which in the end, makes him look bad..KEEP TALKING PLEASE!!!!

yep...he is making it blatantly clear that they are trying to get their stories together to make it all tie together but they keep having meetings without him and then he has to have another press conference which in the end, makes him look bad..KEEP TALKING PLEASE!!!!

I don't believe they are trying to get stories together in some organized attempt to cover something up....I do believe, the more I hear, that they are inept as a department in both community/public relations and disseminating public information. It is also apparent that they are unprepared to handle such high profile, hot button cases.

I don't believe they are trying to get stories together in some organized attempt to cover something up....I do believe, the more I hear, that they are inept as a department in both community/public relations and disseminating public information. It is also apparent that they are unprepared to handle such high profile, hot button cases.

There is a cover-up underway, you can believe that.

There is a cover-up underway, you can believe that.

You are entitled to that belief, and I don't fault you for that, and can understand how you arrived at that. I, personally, don't believe that. Lack of ability to handle an investigation of this magnitude, yes....Cover up, no.

From Roland Martin: We knew within 24 hours how #RobinWilliams killed himself via the medical examiner. #MikeBrown was killed on Saturday. Still no report

...:smh:

There's a big difference in investigating a homicide and a murder.

One thing I will say...the chief needs to stop talking and hire a department spokesman and/or public information officer to speak to/field questions from the press.

They need a PIO so bad.......

Store didnt call cops...Video search warrant obtained Friday

http://m.timesfreepress.com/news/2014/aug/15/lawyer-store-didnt-call-cops-missouri-teen/

FERGUSON, Mo. — The attorney for a convenience store where a Missouri teenager allegedly stole cigars before being shot by police says a customer, not store workers, called police.

Ferguson police released surveillance video Friday that they say shows 18-year-old Michael Brown grabbing the shirt of a smaller man who'd walked out from behind the counter. Police say Brown was suspected of stealing a box of cigars.

The store's attorney, Jay Kanzler, says store workers didn't call police, though they're not disputing that a theft happened.

Kanzler also says a court issued a search warrant for the video Friday.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Ok s phi s, show me the other side of this one...because I can't see it.

That Time Ferguson Police Beat Up A Black Man Then Charged Him For Getting Blood On Their Uniforms

In 2009, police in Ferguson, Missouri, charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on the officer’s uniforms while four of them allegedly beat the hell out of him.

The incident report reads, “On and/or about the 20th day of Sept. 20, 2009 at or near 222 S. Florissant within the corporate limits of Ferguson, Missouri, the above named defendant did then and there unlawfully commit the offense of ‘property damage’ to wit did transfer blood to the uniform.â€

When Davis testified later, he said, “I said, ‘I told you guys it wasn’t me.â€

Davis went on to recal the booking officer saying, “We have a problem.â€

“I told the police officers there that I didn’t do nothing, ‘Why is you guys doing this to me?’†Davis testified. “They said, ‘OK, just lay on the ground and put your hands behind your back.’â€

When Davis complied with their orders, he said a female officer straddled and then handcuffed him. Two other officers crowded into the cell.

“They started hitting me,†he testified. “I was getting hit and I just covered up.â€

The other two officers stepped out while the female officer allegedly lifted Davis’ head as the cop who had initially pushed him into the cell reappeared, according to The Beast.

“He ran in and kicked me in the head,†Davis said. “I almost passed out at that point… Paramedics came… They said it was too much blood, I had to go to the hospital.â€

Davis was transported back to jail. He was held for several days before posting the bond which was set at $1,500 bond for four counts of “property damage.†Police Officer John Beaird had signed complaints swearing on pain of perjury that Davis had bled on his uniform and those of three fellow officers.

Later, the prosecutor dropped the property damage charges, the Beast reported,due to conflicting reports from the officers involved.

It was later on that Davis sued the department over the incident, but court documents reveal that a federal district judge ruled in favor of the Ferguson police department.

That Time Ferguson Police Beat Up A Black Man Then Charged Him For Getting Blood On Their Uniforms

In 2009, police in Ferguson, Missouri, charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on the officer’s uniforms while four of them allegedly beat the hell out of him.

The incident report reads, “On and/or about the 20th day of Sept. 20, 2009 at or near 222 S. Florissant within the corporate limits of Ferguson, Missouri, the above named defendant did then and there unlawfully commit the offense of ‘property damage’ to wit did transfer blood to the uniform.”

When Davis testified later, he said, “I said, ‘I told you guys it wasn’t me.”

Davis went on to recal the booking officer saying, “We have a problem.”

“I told the police officers there that I didn’t do nothing, ‘Why is you guys doing this to me?’” Davis testified. “They said, ‘OK, just lay on the ground and put your hands behind your back.’”

When Davis complied with their orders, he said a female officer straddled and then handcuffed him. Two other officers crowded into the cell.

“They started hitting me,” he testified. “I was getting hit and I just covered up.”

The other two officers stepped out while the female officer allegedly lifted Davis’ head as the cop who had initially pushed him into the cell reappeared, according to The Beast.

“He ran in and kicked me in the head,” Davis said. “I almost passed out at that point… Paramedics came… They said it was too much blood, I had to go to the hospital.”

Davis was transported back to jail. He was held for several days before posting the bond which was set at $1,500 bond for four counts of “property damage.” Police Officer John Beaird had signed complaints swearing on pain of perjury that Davis had bled on his uniform and those of three fellow officers.

Later, the prosecutor dropped the property damage charges, the Beast reported,due to conflicting reports from the officers involved.

It was later on that Davis sued the department over the incident, but court documents reveal that a federal district judge ruled in favor of the Ferguson police department.

There is no other side to explain in this. The facts came out in the deposition, and the officer, himself, contradicted what he wrote in his own report. There is no defending that. Here is a more detailed article that I read yesterday concerning that

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...erguson-cops-were-caught-in-a-bloody-lie.html

The difference in these two cases is that there are investigated facts and depositions under oath that support the fact that the officer has given conflicting information in the police report and the depositions concerning the case. In the Brown case, we (the public) still don't have the facts about exactly what occurred at that police car from the moment the officer rolled up until the moment Brown took his last breath. All I have ever said is to wait for the facts and the supporting evidence before jumping to a conclusion. We all have opinions about it, but physical evidence does not lie or embellish.

After reading that article and the statements that officer made during the deposition, I am curious to see what grounds the judge used to halt the lawsuit, and what the appeals court will rule when they hear that case.

The incident report reads, “On and/or about the 20th day of Sept. 20, 2009 at or near 222 S. Florissant within the corporate limits of Ferguson, Missouri, the above named defendant did then and there unlawfully commit the offense of ‘property damage’ to wit did transfer blood to the uniform.”

When Davis testified later, he said, “I said, ‘I told you guys it wasn’t me.”

Davis went on to recal the booking officer saying, “We have a problem.”

“I told the police officers there that I didn’t do nothing, ‘Why is you guys doing this to me?’” Davis testified. “They said, ‘OK, just lay on the ground and put your hands behind your back.’”

“They started hitting me,” he testified. “I was getting hit and I just covered up.”

“He ran in and kicked me in the head,” Davis said. “I almost passed out at that point… Paramedics came… They said it was too much blood, I had to go to the hospital.”

Davis was transported back to jail. He was held for several days before posting the bond which was set at $1,500 bond for four counts of “property damage.” Police Officer John Beaird had signed complaints swearing on pain of perjury that Davis had bled on his uniform and those of three fellow officers.

Later, the prosecutor dropped the property damage charges, the Beast reported, due to conflicting reports from the officers involved.

Thanks for sharing that MetroPhilly!

From the same article:

“On and/or about the 20th day of Sept. 20, 2009 at or near 222 S. Florissant within the corporate limits of Ferguson, Missouri, the above named defendant did then and there unlawfully commit the offense of ‘property damage’ to wit did transfer blood to the uniform,” reads the charge sheet.

The address is the headquarters of the Ferguson Police Department, where a 52-year-old welder named Henry Davis was taken in the predawn hours on that date. He had been arrested for an outstanding warrant that proved to actually be for another man of the same surname, but a different middle name and Social Security number.

“I said, ‘I told you guys it wasn’t me,’” Davis later testified.

He recalled the booking officer saying, “We have a problem.”

So, this same Ferguson Police Department that protects the identity of an officer who kills an unarmed Black male is the same Ferguson Police Department that has officers beat a Black man bloody, who by the way was THE WRONG SUSPECT, has cops that go and file a property damage complaint because the innocent man they beat got blood on their uniforms, and then have the nerve to lie about it?

Ferguson Police Department: To"protect" the code at any cost and "serve" with unethical modus operandi

Exactly!

Last edited:

There is no other side to explain in this. The facts came out in the deposition, and the officer, himself, contradicted what he wrote in his own report. There is no defending that. Here is a more detailed article that I read yesterday concerning that

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...erguson-cops-were-caught-in-a-bloody-lie.html

The difference in these two cases is that there are investigated facts and depositions under oath that support the fact that the officer has given conflicting information in the police report and the depositions concerning the case. In the Brown case, we (the public) still don't have the facts about exactly what occurred at that police car from the moment the officer rolled up until the moment Brown took his last breath. All I have ever said is to wait for the facts and the supporting evidence before jumping to a conclusion. We all have opinions about it, but physical evidence does not lie or embellish.

After reading that article and the statements that officer made during the deposition, I am curious to see what grounds the judge used to halt the lawsuit, and what the appeals court will rule when they hear that case.

When you find disciplinary actions (or whatever they call them) against the officers involved let us know.

Last edited:
At what point do these looters realize the owners have a right to protect their place

At what point do these looters realize the owners have a right to protect their place? I mean come on now. Lets be realistic now. Wrong is wrong. When one of these ignorant fools get popped don't come on TV talking about "My baby ain't never hurt nobody". I hate a thief, and looting is stealing and wrong. The police has a job to do, and if your dead beat child is looting and stealing then get popped don't be mad. Just saying now. Its one thing to be frustrated, and another to be ignorant. These folks have a right in my opinion to protect their property. Stealing hair weave is not gonna solve the racial problem.

Re: At what point do these looters realize the owners have a right to protect their p

At what point do these looters realize the owners have a right to protect their place? I mean come on now. Lets be realistic now. Wrong is wrong. When one of these ignorant fools get popped don't come on TV talking about "My baby ain't never hurt nobody". I hate a thief, and looting is stealing and wrong. The police has a job to do, and if your dead beat child is looting and stealing then get popped don't be mad. Just saying now. Its one thing to be frustrated, and another to be ignorant. These folks have a right in my opinion to protect their property. Stealing hair weave is not gonna solve the racial problem.

Some of them won't learn until they get shot.

Re: At what point do these looters realize the owners have a right to protect their p

There has been chatter on social media that a lot of the looters aren't from Ferguson, and others have suggested some of them are white anarchists attempting to stir up trouble.

I agree that some of the looters are more then likely coming from other areas, but white folks ain't got nothing to do with this now. I saw nikkers running in and out of the store with hair weave. If that ain't nikkerish I don't know what it is. I say lock them up.
There has been chatter on social media that a lot of the looters aren't from Ferguson, and others have suggested some of them are white anarchists attempting to stir up trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back