The Mike Brown shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ferguson Police Stats--Explain this away

People get mad at me when I say that, but when I was a teen, it would not have ended that way because I would have just got out of the street, because number 1 he is older than me, number 2 because he was an authoritative figure. He didn't deserve to die, but anyone that lives in St. Louis know the police are crazy because they have some off the chain citizens there. I lived in St. Louis for 4 years and that was the most contact I have EVER had with police was when I lived there. I got stopped for robbery while I was a passenger in the car. I also had cops grab their guns to watch me as I returned my car rental at the night drop, I made sure not to make any sudden moves and once I dropped the key in the box they sped off. I wrote a complaint to the NAACP and the police chief and the result was for the Chief to say they did nothing wrong and the NAACP just sent me an application in the mail :smh:

I heard he was going to Vatterott which is one of those trade school kinda colleges

Oh ok, that is ok though. I thought he was going to a university or something. I look at as he was trying to do something with his life. He made a bad decison to steal. We as a people have to do better. We keep hearing that the kids that were killed were such good kids, but once they are killed all of the other things start coming out. We have to teach our kids to respect authority.

If they struggled, where are the finger prints and DNA? Shouldn't it be on the officer clothes, gun and car window?

No. Signs. Of. Struggle.

Exactly, and that can work to the advantage of BOTH sides...ALL these witnesses for Mike Brown's side keep referencing a struggle. The pathologist hired by the lawyers for Mike Brown's family just said there was no sign of struggle on Mike Brown. That could work to discredit all this eyewitness testimony who keep referencing Brown being pulled into the car by his throat.

It also could serve to help Brown's side by them saying if there was no struggle, what was the legal justification for shooting him. Like I said, the more bits and pieces we get, the more questions that arise

If they struggled, where are the finger prints and DNA? Shouldn't it be on the officer clothes, gun and car window?

Whose to say they are? Whose to say they aren't? That's the point. We are ALL speculating because we aren't a part of the investigation...I'm sure those questions already have SOME answers by those who are investigating this tragedy.

Who are all these parents who are failing to tell their children not to respect authority?

I think it's high time for cops to be taught how to respect the public. Not a week goes by where I don't read about some cop assaulting a citizen.

We all know finger prints are the first thing taken on a crime scene. Just like the police didn't have the cameras on, they won't have finger prints. This is called hiding the truth.
Whose to say they are? Whose to say they aren't? That's the point. We are ALL speculating because we aren't a part of the investigation...I'm sure those questions already have SOME answers by those who are investigating this tragedy.

People get mad at me when I say that, but when I was a teen, it would not have ended that way because I would have just got out of the street, because number 1 he is older than me, number 2 because he was an authoritative figure. He didn't deserve to die, but anyone that lives in St. Louis know the police are crazy because they have some off the chain citizens there. I lived in St. Louis for 4 years and that was the most contact I have EVER had with police was when I lived there. I got stopped for robbery while I was a passenger in the car. I also had cops grab their guns to watch me as I returned my car rental at the night drop, I made sure not to make any sudden moves and once I dropped the key in the box they sped off. I wrote a complaint to the NAACP and the police chief and the result was for the Chief to say they did nothing wrong and the NAACP just sent me an application in the mail :smh:

I heard he was going to Vatterott which is one of those trade school kinda colleges

IMO, you're confusing two separate issues. You're talking about behavior of the general public when encountering the authority versus behavior of authority figures. There is no formal training for how to conduct yourself when being confronted by cops. However, there was (I hope) formal training for the officer on how to handle situations involving suspects or people jaywalking. At issue is his decision to use deadly force. Based on what eyewitness have said, the kid was trying to escape. So what you will have now is people who like to believe that all black males are thugs painting MB as a thug who was attacking the cop...but no eyewitnesses support that account. So these folks will start going after the eye witnesses...especially the black ones.

The family did a private autopsy because "they" are waiting on a toxicology report to smear Mike Brown's character. No other reason for Ferguson to not release it by now, they don't have a leg to stand on. Police officer took Brown out execution style.

We all know finger prints are the first thing taken on a crime scene. Just like the police didn't have the cameras on, they won't have finger prints. This is called hiding the truth.

You are missing my point. Just because they haven't been released, does that mean they don't have them? They haven't released the contents of the 2 interviews (at least) with the officer. Does that mean they do't have them?

BTW, the officer will have to justify EACH AND EVERY shot with what he was thinking and believed each time he pulled the trigger. That's not an easy thing to do with one shot, much less 6...

This is the bottom line and the entire case. Unless he can justify that each shot fired was the result of him thinking he was in immediately danger, he will be charged with murder and (IMO) convicted of murder.

This is the bottom line and the entire case. Unless he can justify that each shot fired was the result of him thinking he was in immediately danger, he will be charged with murder and (IMO) convicted of murder.

But....they haven't even charged him 8 days after murder

This guy assaulted two STL cops and lived to tell about it.

Police said they conducted a search for more than one hour Monday, an effort to find Kevin Miner, 25. Miner was wanted for burglary. Officers said he tried hide one resident’s home.
“I saw the basement door was open, the cellar door was open, and I said ‘did you look down there?,â€￾ said resident Christina Freed.

Officers went down the cellar steps of Freed’s home and tried to open the basement door, but Miner allegedly slammed it back shut, breaking an officer’s hand in the process.

http://www.kmov.com/news/crime/Poli...ans-basement-assaults-officers-271009211.html

Yes, that is what I was saying about teachers.
Investigate the numbers. Too many of our black men (could have been teachers) are in jail. Many wrongly, for jaywalking that became resisting arrest, that became assault on an officer, that became fleeing etc.
WOW. :smh:

But yeah there is a shortage of MALE teachers period at the elementary levels for sure. But I guess I live in an area where there is no shortage of black teachers (mostly female).

What I think many do not know, ans what may be the down fall of the PD, is that they are too. accustomed to doing what they want with little or know excuse.
They have run over blacks so long that they do not understand why they are being questioned about releasing the video. "What? That didn't satisify them?" Look at the statistics provided. They have always done whatever we want. They do ot know how to respond to be questioned.

I don't believe they are trying to get stories together in some organized attempt to cover something up....I do believe, the more I hear, that they are inept as a department in both community/public relations and disseminating public information. It is also apparent that they are unprepared to handle such high profile, hot button cases.

Re: At what point do these looters realize the owners have a right to protect their p

DId you mean nikkers or ******s?
I agree that some of the looters are more then likely coming from other areas, but white folks ain't got nothing to do with this now. I saw nikkers running in and out of the store with hair weave. If that ain't nikkerish I don't know what it is. I say lock them up.

Re: At what point do these looters realize the owners have a right to protect their p

How about that the N word can not be typed on TSPN. I guess I will have to say nikkers when I want to say ******s.
DId you mean nikkers or ******s?

Black men don't teach because of the pay, and headache for low pay.

True that is the number one reason. We can try to sugarcoat it all we want but as men we want to make more money. I think we are needed as teachers, but the money is not there.

Last edited by a moderator:

True that is the number on reason. We can try to sugarcoat it all we want but as men we want to make more money. I think we are needed as teachers, but the money is not there.

Yep and when they do find a way to get paid a lot (usually as coaches) the salaries are criticized.

Honestly we don't know shit because:

1. Some folks say there was a struggle but the pathologist says there was none.

2. Some folks say it was not a struggle and the pathologist said it was none.

3. Some folks just out claiming to be marching but just out to act a damn a fool.

4. Some folks out marching but they act like they got some sense and still get bombarded with tear gas because the folks in #3 can't get right.

5. The store manager said he did not think the guy who came in to the store was the kid. He could be lying because he does not want his store fugged with by those folks in #3.

6. The black Captain seemed to have it together until folks in #3 got hooked up the struggle.

7. The governor said fugg it....we can get the National Guard to do the shit right since #3 it out there.

8. In time everything will come to light and we will know the truth.

9. What's up with the Ebola patients at the CDC?

That too and the stygma that teaching is for women. There are a lot of reasons. I still think the number one reason is that so many of us are imprisoned.
I did not know that coaches were demeaned about their pay. Coaching has traditionally been a avenue to administration. In some districts it is an unwritten prerequisite.

That's definitely true. A lot of guys don't want to be in a class room for at least 5-10 years before they can move on to an administrative job (or up to prinicipal/asst. principal) where the money is at (of course I went to Valley so I know a lot of teachers).

Nursing is another field where there is a shortage of black males (heck males in general. I think only like 12-13% of all nurses are male)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back