The Mike Brown shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ferguson Police Stats--Explain this away

Believe it or not, those heavier artilleries do have a place in modern law enforcement. Whether or not this was one of those cases will be debated for the forseeable future.

BTW, they have released video now from the store...They interviewed someone who said that wasn't him, and that the video/pics were photoshopped...But you also clearly see the 'witness' Johnson next to who is allegedly Brown. Johnson had already previously placed himself with Brown. I also heard on CNN that the Ferguson Chief stated that Johnson will not face charges.

That report from the strong armed robbery identified Michael Brown's body as the perp. It also identified Dorian Johnson as the second suspect but he was never arrested. This implies that knew who they both were shortly after the killing. Yet they never arrested the friend.

And while we are urban legend-ing and everything is hood logic, y'all dispel this truth;

From Roland Martin: We knew within 24 hours how #RobinWilliams killed himself via the medical examiner. #MikeBrown was killed on Saturday. Still no report

And when public pressure to release the officers name happens, they just conveniently release A police report which has multiple dates within and addendums, padded in the literal sense, to accompany this statement, for our reading pleasure....:smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

the fact that they have publicly stated that Dorian Johnson will face no charges...I mean, the po po always trying to get folks for be an accomplice, an accomplice after the fact, etc...yet, they have decided not to press any charges and they have a live body that might have committed a crime here? ;:lol: you already know...

It looks like the story is being updated and that there is video of Mike Brown committing a robbery shortly before he was shot. The officer's name has been released and he says he was stopping Brown for being a robbery suspect I'm looking for links now.

Hmmm ;interesting tone S phi S...you indicated that you were once a teacher and now are on the other side as a cop, yet your need to try to disprove and dispel what I guess you feel are urban legends or myths of bad police behavior and border on the ridicule towards those speaking these things is troubling. Just what new glasses did they give you when you put on that suit that allows an unarmed kid shot in the back then a few feet away EXTRA to become something to defend away? Just how did putting on that suit push the meter into the belief that standing by while they take out others that look like you is justifiable and you are now willing to justify...your posting that pic and your typings...you sound like Fox News people...diversion to justify an unarmed death... We all want the REAL TRUTH also. Like you just typed, you shoot to neutralize a threat, should not be to kill...but he was shot so many times with no weapon in sight...it can't be justified...yet you have given it the Old School try...:smh: You stated then you have backtracked, corrected, and in the end...you aren't sure..................I don't get that whole protective mindset from those who are the most oppressed...and if they get an opportunity with you out of uniform, they will treat you the same...:smh: Just my .02

All that, and you have not said a dayum thing. I have not ridiculed ANYONE. I presented a different viewpoint. I give people a perspective that they aren't getting from CNN/FOX/etc...I don't have to dispel any urban legends or myths, matter of fact, I kept most of my comments within the context of this particular incident. I even stated that if the facts prove that the officer did, indeed, commit an unlawful act in this incident, he should be held accountable for it. But the new information that was released also raises many more questions about the confrontation itself.

I have not, and will not justify anything. I have not diverted at ALL. Matter of fact, what I type today matches what I typed then, which is that we don't have enough information to form an educated, informed opinion. All we had was the narrative on one side, which conveniently left out most mentions of the robbery that occurred prior to the encounter with the police....But they DID detail what happened at the car.....

Now the police have provided more context by releasing information about the events that led up to the confrontation, but are remaining mum on the encounter itself. Remember my statement about "YOUR SIDE, MY SIDE, and THE TRUTH"? We now have 2 of the 3.

Brush up on Tennessee vs Garner, then we can have a civil discussion about it. How they apply that landmark case to this incident will be critical. Now if the narrative that they presented as far as the hands being up and he continues to shoot, then yes, I can't see a way for him to justify it. But just as those witnesses didn't present every detailed fact that was relative to the situation, the police only released info to a certain point.

BTW, neutralizing a threat often involves death. It is possible that there are other alternatives to reach that same end goal, and that is what I'm sure is being and will be investigated and debated. If there was a lower level of force that could have been used to achieve the same goal, then yeah, I agree with the fact that the officer should have to answer.

Just my $3.57....Agree to disagree.

Damn I hate that this kid made the wrong choice to steal from that store. This could have possibly prevented him from being stopped. I have a problem with the officer killing the kid but the kid could have avoided some of the trouble by not stealing. Not saying that he is guilty because the video may be someone else, but bad choices can change your life in an instant. This kid was off to college so I don't know why he felt the need to steal. Sad :smh:

There are multiple witnesses to the shooting, not just Dorian Johnson... they all say he had his hands up when he was ultimately killed.

guess your need to reply so hastily you didn't READ thoroughly s phi s...I said border on the ridicule...and Oh yes, I've said plenty...you just didn't like it. Agree to disagree. :lol: BOOM!

And while we are urban legend-ing and everything is hood logic, y'all dispel this truth;

From Roland Martin: We knew within 24 hours how #RobinWilliams killed himself via the medical examiner. #MikeBrown was killed on Saturday. Still no report

And when public pressure to release the officers name happens, they just conveniently release A police report which has multiple dates within and addendums, padded in the literal sense, to accompany this statement, for our reading pleasure....:smh:

Robin Williams wasn't killed. Robin Williams wasn't suspected of committing a felony prior to his death. Do you believe that they don't already have, at the least, a preliminary report from the medical examiner? Do you think they don't already know how many times and where on his body he was shot? If they release that (or would have released that) to the public as soon as they got it, don't you think we would have many more 'witnesses' popping up out of the blue?

Damn I hate that this kid made the wrong choice to steal from that store. This could have possibly prevented him from being stopped. I have a problem with the officer killing the kid but the kid could have avoided some of the trouble by not stealing. Not saying that he is guilty because the video may be someone else, but bad choices can change your life in an instant. This kid was off to college so I don't know why he felt the need to steal. Sad :smh:

+1

guess your need to reply so hastily you didn't READ thoroughly s phi s...I said border on the ridicule...and Oh yes, I've said plenty...you just didn't like it. Agree to disagree. :lol: BOOM!

Kinda hard to read what you wrote...I did the best I could reading that travesty of a paragraph you wrote...:lol:

Robin Williams wasn't killed. Robin Williams wasn't suspected of committing a felony prior to his death. Do you believe that they don't already have, at the least, a preliminary report from the medical examiner? Do you think they don't already know how many times and where on his body he was shot? If they release that (or would have released that) to the public as soon as they got it, don't you think we would have many more 'witnesses' popping up out of the blue?

Now they're 'witnesses' ?

Oh I'm well aware they've had the prelim report since Sunday morning...now they have used the old "Waiting on toxicology" to hold out......tox screens do take longer, some take up to 8 weeks...guess they are gonna test and retest and retest to find any trace of any drug that might have been factor to him shooting him in the back......

Kinda hard to read what you wrote...I did the best I could reading that travesty of a paragraph you wrote...:lol:

the IRONY of it all y'all!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I just watched that video, that look like him... man, I hope not.

Dayum homie. He shouldn't have been killed but it kills the credibility of the cause when the victim was just seen on tape committing robbery.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Now the PD has said the officer wasn't aware Brown was a possible suspect in a robbery when they confronted each other. Oh, boy!

Now the Ferguson chief says that the footage was released pursuant to Freedom of Information requests (remember I referenced that a while back??). He stated that they had no good reason not to release it, and the release was requested by SEVERAL different sources. He also says that the name of the officer was released with the video because it would cause more confusion not to....

Now the chief has walked himself in a corner. He went back and said that the officer's initial contact was not pursuant to them being suspects in the robbery, but simply for walking in the street. After hearing that, the pendulum swings a bit back in the favor of Brown. That statement kind of beats back the release of the video and report. If you release the video and report and details that you did this morning, it insinuates that the officer made contact with them because of the robbery. And that makes sense, and gives a bit more credence to the police narrative that this whole thing was precipitated by the robbery.

Now the chief goes back and validates at least one portion of the 'witness' story that the officer made initial contact for having been in the street. The officer was in the area after an unrelated call. IMO, that discredits the police narrative a bit.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewi...er-not-aware-of-michael-brown-robbery-suspect

Police: Officer Who Shot Teen Did Not Stop Him Because Of Robbery

The Ferguson, Mo., police officer who shot Michael Brown Saturday did not initially stop Brown because he was a suspect in a convenience store robbery that took place minutes before, the city police chief said Friday.

"The robbery does not relate to the initial contact between the officer (Darren Wilson) and Michael Brown," Ferguson police chief Thomas Jackson said at a Friday afternoon press conference. "The initial contact between the officer and Mr. Brown was not related to the robbery."

The police released information earlier Friday that Brown, 18, had been the "primary suspect" for shoplifting cigars for a convenience store minutes prior to his fatal confrontation with Wilson. Jackson had said earlier in the day that a description of the suspect had been circulated prior to Brown's shooting. But the police chief sought to clarify later Friday that Wilson did not stop Brown because of the robbery.

Jackson emphasized repeatedly that the robbery had "nothing to do with the stop." Wilson stopped Brown and his friend Dorian Johnson "because they were walking down the middle of the street, blocking traffic," Jackson said.

Now the chief has walked himself in a corner. He went back and said that the officer's initial contact was not pursuant to them being suspects in the robbery, but simply for walking in the street. After hearing that, the pendulum swings a bit back in the favor of Brown. That statement kind of beats back the release of the video and report. If you release the video and report and details that you did this morning, it insinuates that the officer made contact with them because of the robbery. And that makes sense, and gives a bit more credence to the police narrative that this whole thing was precipitated by the robbery.

Now the chief goes back and validates at least one portion of the 'witness' story that the officer made initial contact for having been in the street. The officer was in the area after an unrelated call. IMO, that discredits the police narrative a bit.

It's funny, but this may work in their favor. If they say that they were just approaching him for a minor violation, they can say he escalated it because he thought they were going to pick him up for the robbery. In any case committing a robbery before getting shot will not work in Brown's favor. It's really hard to not justify shooting a guy that just committed robbery.

**whistling**

:clap: Keep on talking it out s phi s...you'll eventually get to where we've been since post 1--why shoot an unarmed teenager so many times for walking in the street? :nod: At some point, I figured the :idea: would pop on...

AND the fact that they chose to release the video with the officer's names was what? Right...an attempt to tie 2 different situations to each other to give credence to their attempt at victim blaming to deflect from the real crime here

The sad part is that Brown, since he's dead, can't defend himself. *sigh*

Blocking traffic LOL. He stopped Brown to keep him and motorists safe...then unloaded in him huh?

**whistling**

:clap: Keep on talking it out s phi s...you'll eventually get to where we've been since post 1--why shoot an unarmed teenager so many times for walking in the street? :nod: At some point, I figured the :idea: would pop on...

AND the fact that they chose to release the video with the officer's names was what? Right...an attempt to tie 2 different situations to each other to give credence to their attempt at victim blaming to deflect from the real crime here

You still don't have a clue....Here is what I believe as of now.....

Brown was involved in the robbery. Not sure what the officer's intent was after listening to the chief, but he rolled up on them. Brown believes the officer is there for the robbery, SOMEONE, not sure who, initiates the chain of events that led to Brown's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back