The Mike Brown shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ferguson Police Stats--Explain this away

Odd the PD releases the name of the officer AND a 16-page report on a robbery Mike Brown MAY have been involved in. Looks like they're trying to overshadow the cop's identity by getting everyone to focus on this alleged robbery.

That's exactly what they are doing. Could have released the report earlier if this is their justification for the shooting. It happened Saturday and they waited 6 days to say he "fit the discription"?

Yall think it is legit or are they trying to character assassinate him? I can't tell from those pictures.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Yall think it is legit or are they trying to character assassinate him? I can't tell from those pictures.

Character Assasinate.....they know that there will be a civil lawsuit against the city...so simlar to Trayvon this could help the city. Honestly the powers that be don't care about the officer either...he's not a nessesity.

I've never seen a 16-page robbery report on a simple corner store heist. And even if Brown did rob the store, he wasn't armed when he was killed by the officer.

This is straight character assassination in an attempt to justify the officer's actions.

The PD said, "we're gonna release this guy's name only after we present ALL this evidence that the victim was a criminal."

Don't quite agree (go figure...lol)...

During an investigation like this, to protect the integrity of the investigation, certain details are not released for some time. Some details aren't/wouldn't be/won't be released if/until there is a trial. If what is released today holds up, it changes A LOT. However minor it may seem to you, Brown is alleged to have committed a felony. So the 'witness' account that folks have subscribed to from the beginning of them being harassed for simply walking down the street has a monkey wrench thrown in it. He was contacted because there was reasonable suspicion that he was a suspect in a felony. Now, until we know exactly how the struggle started, it's tough to pin blame on police or Brown because, as is shown today....you just don't know.

As far as the shooting, the US Supreme Court ruled in Tennessee v Garner that police can use deadly force against a fleeing felon or felony suspect when/if they have probable cause to believe that suspect poses a significant risk of serious bodily injury and/or death to the public or the officer. How that will apply to this situation remains to be seen.

Looking at those photos, there are substantial similarities in the appearance of the suspect from the store and Brown as he lay in the street. Can't deny that.

J4L, yeah right off the bat there were a lot of things flying around, but nothing was confirmed. Now for 6 days, everyone has called for transparency, to release info. Now the info is released, and it doesn't paint the rosy picture that everyone has been so [sarcasm]peacefully[/sarcasm] fighting for all week, now all of a sudden, forget about the release.

Kendrick, I can guarantee you that the report itself is not 16 pages. Having used the same report writing software, there are many tabs to be filled in with miscellaneous information that all gets printed. The narrative portion of the report is probably less than a page, and the supplemental reports, put together, are likely less that 3 pages. Hell there are 2 pages worth of pictures in that report.

You can't say that you want the info released, then say forget the info that was released because it doesn't fit the narrative you are trying to paint. I told yall a week ago to wait, and there would be more to come out. I still don't personally believe that this event is totally justified, but with the new information, taken with what we already knew, it does not appear as heinous and random as the original 'witness' would have you believe. Let him tell it, the police just rolled up on them for no reason at all, when as we see now, they were both suspects in the theft of Swisher Sweets (go figure).

I have no problem with them releasing the info. I don't think it gives a right to shoot him but as S Phi S says, it does change the narrative of why he was stopped.

Don't quite agree (go figure...lol)...

During an investigation like this, to protect the integrity of the investigation, certain details are not released for some time.

Dude this isn't a "detail". It's a major allegation. All they had to do is say "He was a suspect in a robbery". That's very general and has been communicated in many cases within minutes of police activity.

As far as the shooting, the US Supreme Court ruled in Tennessee v Garner that police can use deadly force against a fleeing felon or felony suspect when/if they have probable cause to believe that suspect poses a significant risk of serious bodily injury and/or death to the public or the officer. How that will apply to this situation remains to be seen.

Key thing you left out is "ONLY if". If he knows the suspect is unarmed that likely doesn't amount to a significant risk to the public or the officer.

I have no problem with them releasing the info. I don't think it gives a right to shoot him but as S Phi S says, it does change the narrative of why he was stopped.

...but that's always been the narrative from the police as to why he was stopped.

The issue is why was he shot 8 times and he was unarmed?

...but that's always been the narrative from the police as to why he was stopped.

The issue is why was he shot 8 times and he was unarmed?

Not in the media/blogosphere though. It was he was stopped for walking in the street (random harassment, walking while black, etc.)

Kendrick, I can guarantee you that the report itself is not 16 pages. Having used the same report writing software, there are many tabs to be filled in with miscellaneous information that all gets printed. The narrative portion of the report is probably less than a page, and the supplemental reports, put together, are likely less that 3 pages. Hell there are 2 pages worth of pictures in that report.

It still shouldn't take more than five days to release info on a robbery (where a kid allegedly took some Swisher Sweets) that the store's owner reportedly said Brown did not commit.

And the narrative, from what I've come across, doesn't even go into detail about Brown's encounter with the officer, especially if the cop is saying there was a struggle before the shooting. Those details are important.

You can't say that you want the info released, then say forget the info that was released because it doesn't fit the narrative you are trying to paint. I told yall a week ago to wait, and there would be more to come out. I still don't personally believe that this event is totally justified, but with the new information, taken with what we already knew, it does not appear as heinous and random as the original 'witness' would have you believe. Let him tell it, the police just rolled up on them for no reason at all, when as we see now, they were both suspects in the theft of Swisher Sweets (go figure).

"We" never wait .... "we" always react. One day, hopefully, we'll learn to be proactive, like this city's citizens should have been at the polls.

Not in the media/blogosphere though. It was he was stopped for walking in the street (random harassment, walking while black, etc.)

Oh those folks were way off then.

Story has always been police were looking for robbery suspect that stole gum from store.

Oh those folks were way off then.

Story has always been police were looking for robbery suspect that stole gum from store.

lmao at gum... Sorry, I know this a serious situation but that gum part made me laugh :lol:

Not saying that any of that justifies his murder.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Did you all read the REPORT? THAT WAS WRITTEN THE SAME DAY? It says nothing about GUM. Those were the RUMORS that folks started BECAUSE they didn't have the report. Media, internet, etc picked that story up and ran with it. Now that the other side has released their narrative, and it paints folks in not the most flattering of lights, now folks are backtracking...

It still shouldn't take more than five days to release info on a robbery (where a kid allegedly took some Swisher Sweets) that the store's owner reportedly said Brown did not commit.

And the narrative, from what I've come across, doesn't even go into detail about Brown's encounter with the officer, especially if the cop is saying there was a struggle before the shooting. Those details are important.

When it is a part of a larger investigation, yes it does. How long did it take you to find out about the bloody glove and the knit cap at OJ's house?

S Phi,
I didn't bro. Can you give me the sparknotes.

Did you all read the REPORT? THAT WAS WRITTEN THE SAME DAY? It says nothing about GUM. Those were the RUMORS that folks started BECAUSE they didn't have the report. Media, internet, etc picked that story up and ran with it. Now that the other side has released their narrative, and it paints folks in not the most flattering of lights, now folks are backtracking...

I could give a daymn if the report said he stole the whole store. Why was it necessary for him to shoot an unarmed man 8 times?! Witnesses have said Mike had his hands up!! Not just his friend Dorian Johnson...but the two girls as well. So now what?!

Daymn a store robbery. If the only way you can apprehend an unarmed suspect that's RUNNING AWAY is by shooting them 8 times then you are a weak ass cop and a murderer.

Don't try to divert...

A police roster is public information, is it not? I say pull and put out all the police officers names.

Nope, it is not in many cases.....I know ours is not.

Thanks man. Those people don't vote. Those blacks that do run for office can't get enough of them off their azzes to vote. You can't win without support.

So true, so true......

Anyone care to comment on the newest information?

BvFdE5XIAAA57dk.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvFctLOCcAAJq-w.jpg]/img]

(Caution: photo of Brown laying in the street)
[url]http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/michael-brown-1.jpg[/url]

Released police documents
[url]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/08/15/ferguson.police.documents.pdf[/url]

[url]http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Brown-is-named-suspect-in-robbery-moments-before-fatal-shooting-271391081.html[/url]

Moments before being shot and killed by a Ferguson police officer, Michael Brown allegedly took part in a strong arm robbery at a local convenience store, according to a police incident report.
Police said officers were dispatched to a strong arm robbery at a Ferguson convenience store moments before the shooting. That strong arm robbery was caught on video.[/QUOTE]

The key part I see here is [B]"Strong Arm Robbery"[/B], knowing this tells me that the suspect was not using a firearm in the robbery and most likely doesn't have one. Although as a officer you have to take your safety in hand and not assume they are unarmed.

Pop,

Brown is accused of going to a store with the original witness Dorian Johnson and stealing a 48.99 box of Swisher Sweets. As he was exiting the store, the clerk attempted to get between him and the door and lock the door. The photo shows the person alleged to be Brown grab, then shove that clerk backwards. According to the report, the clerk both positively identified both Brown and Johnson and provided a direction of travel for the suspects. Responding officers gave both an initial description, then a short time later, a more detailed description. The officer in question located Brown and Johnson.....That's where they stopped the information release. The report released covered only the robbery incident.

SS,

If you think the only way a person is capable of causing injury or death is by being armed, you are mistaken. That said, you can call me a divert all you want, but for a week, you have had nothing but rhetoric to try to divert fact. Now if you had read my statements earlier, I always said that until more facts come out, I am open to the theory that this could be a case where more shots were fired than necessary. But I'm sorry if I don't just subscribe willy-nilly to what is said in the neighborhood by 'witnesses'. You se where that got you with the 'friend/witness' who said that they were simply walking down the street minding their business when this rogue cop comes rolling up and harassing them then shooting them for no other reason than the fact that they were just walking down the street while being black. Now we know/are being told that he was a part of this original incident. Be an independent thinker, and not a sheep that believes everything you read on the internet.

Written that day or DATED that day?

I can give you a laundry list full of examples...I just used one that everybody could relate to. Stop splitting hairs.

Like we're supposed to believe everything the cops say or write in incident reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back