The #1 rated football recruit for 2018 is asking what would happen if we started going to HBCUs

And your response to her was?????? I usually chime in when people say that. Last year at the barbershop one of the barbers turned the tv to the FAMU/TSU game. He talked bad about TSU, like it is the worst school to go to for football. I chimed in and said their football team might not be the best, but academically, they are a good school. He started backtracking his comments after that. We are so negative about our schools. I did say that TSU's football team was sorry though. lol

You should see that black people in Alabama with The Crimson Tide. Man, these negros have quotes' from Bear Bryant and etc. Meanwhile, if you asked them about Eddie Robinson? You would probably get a " Deer in the headlights" look.

there would be a HBCU who would recruit him still. Florida State wouldn't even open the e-mail.

Wouldn't even let him attempt to walk on.

Meanwhile the HBCU would let him walk on and point to someone like Lenard who made it to the NFL recently from a similar spot

there would be a HBCU who would recruit him still. Florida State wouldn't even open the e-mail.

Which HBCU lol. D2?? His star rating and the possibility of him helping folks football team is the only reason people are even excited. Yall being some super hypocrites up in here.

Hypocrites about what exactly? HBCU’s recruit no starred atheletes all the time.

Because most have no choice. But people are hypocrites because they act as if HBCU's would go after a kid like this and all of the excitement about it is because they could benefit the kid when it's really just the fact that he'd help you win... just like every other school. Again, if he were a 1 star would schools even be going through all the hoopla about him visiting? No lol. It's about winning games, be it HBCU or PWC. If your coach graduated 100% of his students, they all had 4.0 gpa's year in and out but you only won 3 games a year you and the rest of your alums would get him up out of there as soon as possible.

I never trusted the hypothetical dialogue that he was spewing (early on) to be genuine.
I wish him success wherever he goes, but don't dangle carrots out there if you going to follow the status quo, just continue to blend.

That's what I told the few FAMUans who were denying ol' boy was simply using them as a publicity stunt. lol

The "MAN" will always win out in these situations. Honestly, I would've just told him to keep it moving. It's similar to a woman teasing you. If you are not in consideration of letting me score. Just keep it moving.

Look, not every 5-star is going to pan out. I would rather for us to recruit the Leonard Hamiltons' Chad Williams', and Rafael Bushs. Also, I want our schools to build men; Not Athletes.

Plus, ask yourself, this question? If black players started choosing the hardest majors' on campus? What do you think that white coach going to do?????? He is going try to persuade him to going into it.

Why? Because, economically, he doesn't feel you are smart enough to handle the pressure. It's sad, some of these players are still undecided after three years.

Look, not every 5-star is going to pan out. I would rather for us to recruit the Leonard Hamiltons' Chad Williams', and Rafael Bushs. Also, I want our schools to build men; Not Athletes.

Plus, ask yourself, this question? If black players started choosing the hardest majors' on campus? What do you think that white coach going to do?????? He is going try to persuade him to going into it.

Why? Because, economically, he doesn't feel you are smart enough to handle the pressure. It's sad, some of these players are still undecided after three years.

Some discourage it because of the time demand associated with pursing those types of degrees. A lot of coaches don't want guys compromising football preparation for those majors that require as much, if not, more dedication than the sport itself.

Think about this.... They generate serious revenue off the back of these players
Some discourage it because of the time demand associated with pursing those types of degrees. A lot of coaches don't want guys compromising football preparation for those majors that require as much, if not, more dedication than the sport itself.

Well, they discourage the black players. But, do they discourage the white ones? Man, the white ones are working on MBA's and etc.

Back