The #1 rated football recruit for 2018 is asking what would happen if we started going to HBCUs

Come Home Young Brehs

34q9qpj.jpg

I thought this kid was trolling us at first...but things seem to point at him being genuinely interested. He did make a twitter post when we offered him a scholarship back in 2017...we were his 15th offer.

Not really. They would just start paying athletes. The NCAA ”objection” to it would magically go away.

That's the ”American” way. Get labor free for as long as possible. Then get it cheaply.

College football is big business now. Even schools like Mississippi State have $100 million athletic budgets. Don't think they are going to give that up easily.

Now, if athletes went to HBCUs anyway....

that's why I can't fathom why don't top hoop players do it as they're hardly there anyway (1 year) and you play basically the same schedules outside of conference. you can make a real impact quickly with little investment.

Football has the 3-year minimum so players are there longer so other factors come into play

that's why I can't fathom why don't top hoop players do it as they're hardly there anyway (1 year) and you play basically the same schedules outside of conference. you can make a real impact quickly with little investment.

Football has the 3-year minimum so players are there longer so other factors come into play
a year at southern has to be better than a year at lsu (ben simmons...I'm looking at you)

I have never understood this either. A 5 star could do one year at Valley and usually play 2-5 tourney teams a year. As long as they don't get hurt and can hold par they would still get drafted high.

Now for Football-it wouldn't matter. You see guys from HBCUs get drafted in the NFL. You don't see that as much in the NBA.

Basketball is a different beast-HBCUS don't play home games in OOC for the most part and are not playing cupcakes.

Put say Carmelo Anthony on JSU-he plays in OOC-Duke, Texas, North Carolina, Louisville, North Texas, Kansas, South Carolina, OU, OSU, Wisconsin & Butler. You got 2-9. You think the NBA will be interest in Carmelo if he dominates the SWAC? Yet gets manhandled by the OOC?

Now for Football-it wouldn't matter. You see guys from HBCUs get drafted in the NFL. You don't see that as much in the NBA.

Basketball is a different beast-HBCUS don't play home games in OOC for the most part and are not playing cupcakes.

Put say Carmelo Anthony on JSU-he plays in OOC-Duke, Texas, North Carolina, Louisville, North Texas, Kansas, South Carolina, OU, OSU, Wisconsin & Butler. You got 2-9. You think the NBA will be interest in Carmelo if he dominates the SWAC? Yet gets manhandled by the OOC?

Depends on if you play them on a neutral court and if dude gets buckets. Also, if dude leads a HBCU into the Sweet 16.

Remember, Steph Curry balled hard at basketball powerhouse Davidson en route to being a first round pick. Wasn’t a one-and-Dome, but was a lottery pick.

They are a one and done prospects before college.

I have never understood this either. A 5 star could do one year at Valley and usually play 2-5 tourney teams a year. As long as they don't get hurt and can hold par they would still get drafted high.
That five star (and other stars) athlete want to sharpen their skills against the perceived highest level. When they choose that top 50 PWI that is exactly what they are getting. Every blue moon you will get an athlete that will choose a different path for many reasons. We should not expect a big change in that thought process.

Considering Melo didn’t get manhandled playing in the old Big East, he’d still get drafted high as hell.

He goes 2-9 and drops 30 a game they don’t care as they got tape against top competitors. NBA one and dones are drafted based on high school accolades mainly.

Reactions: EB
Back