The #1 rated football recruit for 2018 is asking what would happen if we started going to HBCUs

I once heard a lady in the barber shop tell one of the Barber's she would rather her child to pick up garbage than go to a black college. Some of us have some serious issues

Why are you all claiming these people as "yours" or "us" or "we" bullshit? They aren't "us" "yours" or "we." For if those people were, they would ALREADY be an active and positive graduate, supporter, or positive influencer on our HBCU legacy. I, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, .... are a PART of that supporting HBCU legacy, obviously, or we wouldn't be here in a medium like this interacting and physically/monetarily supporting our legacies. Those other people? They are on the outside, naively, and still don't know how (mentally) shallow they are still residing on the (mental) plantation of "mazza 'nem," proudly, and that's their right. We cannot save the world. Only those who want to be saved. :D

For me, I try my BEST not to interact w/ anyone, black, white, brown, yellow, green, ... who doesn't respect our HBCU legacy. IMHO, all of them, they are in the same boat sinking together and our job and position is to witness their ship wreck and say "ham' mercy lawd..." as we casually continue to ascend and build, freely. :D I hope FAMU does land this TAG young man and that our other schools continue to seek and recruit the best of the best of the best.

Why are you all claiming these people as "yours" or "us" or "we" bullshit? They aren't "us" "yours" or "we." For if those people were, they would ALREADY be an active and positive graduate, supporter, or positive influencer on our HBCU legacy. I, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, .... are a PART of that supporting HBCU legacy, obviously, or we wouldn't be here in a medium like this interacting and physically/monetarily supporting our legacies. Those other people? They are on the outside, naively, and still don't know how (mentally) shallow they are still residing on the (mental) plantation of "mazza 'nem," proudly, and that's their right. We cannot save the world. Only those who want to be saved. :D

For me, I try my BEST not to interact w/ anyone, black, white, brown, yellow, green, ... who doesn't respect our HBCU legacy. IMHO, all of them, they are in the same boat sinking together and our job and position is to witness their ship wreck and say "ham' mercy lawd..." as we casually continue to ascend and build, freely. :D I hope FAMU does land this TAG young man and that our other schools continue to seek and recruit the best of the best of the best.
Okay.....what the hell is TAG?

I think if FAMU starts back to winning, they stand the best chance of landing a 5 star (along with Texas) simply off location and their history

I was surprised to see Valley offer a 5 star WR out of NC I believe and the kid noted it was his first HBCU offer. Of course people reminded him that Jerry went there so that seed has been planted

He sounds good saying it but we all know thats not going to happen. Its good to show interest in those caliber athletes but I wouldn't expend a lot of time on the.

We all would love to see it at our schools but its very far fetched of it happening.

Last edited:
Man, LeJohn Howard really has the potential to make some serious noise at FAMU. I know a ton about him. FAMU landed a very good recruit.

I was impressed with his tape...I think he’s gonna redshirt this season. He has some guys ahead of him...DJ Phillips(redshirt freshman) and Tahj Tolbert(redshirt Sophomore) and Ryan Stanley(starter/Redshirt Junior).

I think he’ll have a real chance to see the field by the time he gets to his sophomore year...because the QB battle should be wide open.

I was impressed with his tape...I think he’s gonna redshirt this season. He has some guys ahead of him...DJ Phillips(redshirt freshman) and Tahj Tolbert(redshirt Sophomore) and Ryan Stanley(starter/Redshirt Junior).

I think he’ll have a real chance to see the field by the time he gets to his sophomore year...because the QB battle should be wide open.

He had a weird senior year due to his high school going throw a leadership/focus transition. It really hurt his recruiting star power. He was recruited by Miami extremely hard before they made some changes in the staff. Kiffin was on him for a while, but decided to give his cross town private school rival (who Howard was 3-0 against as a starter) an offer.

SMU gave him an offer, but he wasn’t to hot on their offensive scheme. Jackson State and Southern sent him offers. He has a some SU basketball blood in him, but he didn’t he committed to Nicholls. The staff at FAMU flipped him after another Florida trip. Hopefully, this kid shows y’all what he can do. Good arm, good size, good QB pocket presence.

Personally, I want to see our schools investing more into our programs first. How many of us have separate nutrition programs for athletes instead of sending them to the cafe for Fried Chicken Fridays?

Personally, I want to see our schools investing more into our programs first. How many of us have separate nutrition programs for athletes instead of sending them to the cafe for Fried Chicken Fridays?

I think we just implemented one this off season

We can recruit these kids. But, the issue are the parents. Some parents think a HBCU is "the worst of the worst."

I once heard a lady in the barber shop tell one of the Barber's she would rather her child to pick up garbage than go to a black college. Some of us have some serious issues

I can hear it now.

"You should go to a good school."

"That school will not prepare you for real life."

"Why do you want to go there?"

I can hear it now.

"You should go to a good school."

"That school will not prepare you for real life."

"Why do you want to go there?"

Amen! Meanwhile, they will go to the P.W.I. looking to start everything: Black Student Unions', dormitories, and everything with only black people involved in it.

Really????

FAMU I hope yall can close the deal with that official visit. The family approach can work these days. We just have to get them to visit our campuses

Back