SWAC Media Day picks vs TP's picks

you're too emotional to assess JSU, I understand that's your school. But seriously McNair might put 50 on yall this year. We put up 35 with a freshman QB who only had 72yds passing lol.
As for our recruiting class being bad? you can't be serious, have you checked our players out? we got straight up stars bruh. Guys that are ready to contribute right now. Alcorn is going to be really good this year barring major injuries. Last year was your best shot.

Bama State and A&M can be problems for us, that's who Alcorn is focusing on. JSU has another year before you all can talk about really doing some damage.

Focus on who you want but dont forget that before we hired OMJ, JSU was first in the east 6 out of 8 years under Comegy. We don't stay down long. TWO years after Bell, we won the SWAC.

Using your mindset, they scored all their points before the end of the 4th qtr to win the game.

Since you all in folks biz... im only saying to the me.. if you smack somebody, you not losing 70% of the game. They smacked us in 2013... hit us right in the mouth. Didnt come close to that last year. We had two of the best WR in the SWAC when the seaosn started. By the end of the season, neither was able to play and it showed in the close losses down the stretch. We had a chance to finish the season 4-0 instead of 0-4.

I got JSU and Gram or SU in the championship this year...... we all know what Gram and SU gone do but JSU lost a lot of games last year that could have been won they shot themselves in the foot a lot, total defense they were ranked 34th in the whole FCS only school higher in the SWAC was Gram at 20 a lot of points came off turnovers and things of that nature Alcorn still gone be in contention as well as Bama ST hopefully the EAST is better than last year but I think overall if JSU gets discipline they can come from the east and don't count out Alabama A&M or PV

I'm keeping my eye on TxSU. That's the game I think we (SU) will need to pay close attention to the most. Really all of them but this is the game for me.

The East is wide open and we will compete. No consistency at QB and Oline play killed the production of the offense. We should have one of if not the top defense(s) in the Swac. Hughes second year features the right mix of xfers. Got some really good additions coming in this fall and should finally get good qb play if all things go as planned.

Well we've been knowing about him a few months now. From all accounts he can ball. Rated a 4 and a 3 star by some publications. A legit dual threat qb with a quick release. Love the Zip he puts on the ball. Looking forward to seeing what he can do for us. Should be a nice battle to see with him, Hayes, and Lyles.

The East is wide open and we will compete. No consistency at QB and Oline play killed the production of the offense. We should have one of if not the top defense(s) in the Swac. Hughes second year features the right mix of xfers. Got some really good additions coming in this fall and should finally get good qb play if all things go as planned.
yea the defense was 2 in the SWAC behind Gram judging by the stats off the NCAA FCS website GRAM was 20th overall and the next SWAC school was JSU which was 34th offense has to come in play and stop the mental mistakes you can't have that and win.... SU gone be good cause they in Louisiana and they have a crazy number of athletes there rebuilding or rather replacing won't be a problem for them or Gram....Alcorn defense has to go back from 2013-2015 style of play

yea the defense was 2 in the SWAC behind Gram judging by the stats off the NCAA FCS website GRAM was 20th overall and the next SWAC school was JSU which was 34th offense has to come in play and stop the mental mistakes you can't have that and win.... SU gone be good cause they in Louisiana and they have a crazy number of athletes there rebuilding or rather replacing won't be a problem for them or Gram....Alcorn defense has to go back from 2013-2015 style of play

Yea we were number 2 in total defense. We will have a Stout front 7 this season but a young secondary depth wise. We've been tapping into that Louisiana talent the last 2 years.

How is the East wide open? Just asking for clear clarification.

One 5 win team, two 4 win teams, one 3 win team, and one 1 win team. New season and I'm quite sure everyone has recruited for needs etc. There is no CLEAR favorite. I know what we've brought in on Lynch Street.

Uh, but that 5 win team had multiple and I do mean multiple injuries all of last year and 80% of those players are returning on top of the players that took their place. So again I ask.....how is it wide open?

Uh, but that 5 win team had multiple and I do mean multiple injuries all of last year and 80% of those players are returning on top of the players that took their place. So again I ask.....how is it wide open?

Bruh everybody had multiple injuries LMAO. Your team wasn't the only team that suffered losses to legit playmakers. We lost WRs, Offensive linemen (which further crippled our offense) defensive players etc down the stretch. Again there is no clear favorite. We reloaded defensively and got playmakers coming in on offense.

Bruh everybody had multiple injuries LMAO. Your team wasn't the only team that suffered losses to legit playmakers. We lost WRs, Offensive linemen (which further crippled our offense) defensive players etc down the stretch. Again there is no clear favorite. We reloaded defensively and got playmakers coming in on offense.
The reality is that all squads are an unknown quantity. We can speculate about transfers, returning starters, more experienced underclassmen, etc. Six weeks from today, we will kickoff the season with 3 straight out of conference games. These games will be my litmus test for the aforementioned variables. However, the East is not wide open. Alcorn will run through the East (circa 2015)! Come get you some.

So you "reloaded" a team that has been losing for 3 years?!! :eek::(:oops:OOOOOOOOOK. But your team didn't have any pla............

Ok, you right as you JSU fans are every year, you will win the SWAC.:rolleyes:

The reality is that all squads are an unknown quantity. We can speculate about transfers, returning starters, more experienced underclassmen, etc. Six weeks from today, we will kickoff the season with 3 straight out of conference games. These games will be my litmus test for the aforementioned variables. QUOTE]

AGREED, the rest was BS lmao

So you "reloaded" a team that has been losing for 3 years?!! :eek::(:oops:OOOOOOOOOK. But your team didn't have any pla............

Ok, you right as you JSU fans are every year, you will win the SWAC.:rolleyes:

I said we reloaded defensively and brought in some playmakers on offense. You cant even get a quote right so I don't expect you to GET IT lol.

Y'all reloaded a team that was losing for 20 years so go figure.

Right Lol, they are really pressed about our opinion. I saw a much better product on the field last season and I know I'll see a much better product on the field this season from last season. The staff seemed to address the team needs in the offseason

Y'all reloaded a team that was losing for 20 years so go figure.

We gutted and rebuilt a team that was down. Big difference.

I said we reloaded defensively and brought in some playmakers on offense. You cant even get a quote right so I don't expect you to GET IT lol.

I got the quote just right. You were happy to be reloading on to something that was losing to begin with. You are not understanding what you're saying.

I would rather rebuild the entire motor than to just fix two heads and keep going. Aw ish, you may not get that so let me say why reload something that did not help you win games these past 3 years?

You don't GET IT and I'm not here to help you GET IT lol. Our defense isn't/wasn't the problem.

Back