SWAC going FBS? (SCSU nor TSU never got invites to the SWAC but BCU did)

Well, looks like you gonna be waiting for a very long time, so while you're waiting....

TAKE THIS ASS KICKING!!!!

giphy.gif
They stay mad and looking like an arse in the end. It's the same folks over and over that lack comprehension

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Somebody please tell me when Coach Prime said anything about FBS. I will wait. This whole thing is based around alignment. Most of you all take things to a whole different level. When all he said was making changes. Those changes can certainly be staying Fcs and doing business differently that has been done in the past.

Somebody please tell me when Coach Prime said anything about FBS. I will wait. This whole thing is based around alignment. Most of you all take things to a whole different level. When all he said was making changes. Those changes can certainly be staying Fcs and doing business differently that has been done in the past.

Common sense isn't welcomed on this board. Let the haters continue to push what they "think he said" instead of what was actually said. (PARAPHRASING)
"JSU can barely win the Swac now they trying to go fbs"
"McNair and Fobbs dominated and didn't leave the Swac but jsu wins 1 championship and now they ready to jump ship"
My favorite
" The PWI alum showing his pwi side"
😆 🤣 😂 😹

These people on the board have their preconceived notions. Prime said that several HBCU’s will be presented with the opportunity to take the leap. Not just JSU. In regards to JSU, he said We are already having the discussion. Meaning taking steps!
Yepp, could have sworn he said that as well. Wellllll we might as well get ready because according to them we play Bama and Ohio State soon.

I said years ago on this forum that as an alcornite, that if jsu moved up I'd buy a season ticket, get a t-shirt and some pompoms and be their biggest fan because...
we know some of our folks are afraid of change. we can move most of the conference up but some of us are just scared. does it come with challenges? yes. we can overcome challenges. but, but, but...
then some of us are so invested in our pwi persona that we don't want the internal conflict of having our hbcu be in position to challenge them on any level.
If troy that was DII when I was in high school can be fbs... you telling me that we can't? south alabama didn't have a team... but we can't? aiight... we don't need to talk to each other because eagles don't consort with chickens. we just in different parts of the atmosphere.

I said years ago on this forum that as an alcornite, that if jsu moved up I'd buy a season ticket, get a t-shirt and some pompoms and be their biggest fan because...
we know some of our folks are afraid of change. we can move most of the conference up but some of us are just scared. does it come with challenges? yes. we can overcome challenges. but, but, but...
then some of us are so invested in our pwi persona that we don't want the internal conflict of having our hbcu be in position to challenge them on any level.
If troy that was DII when I was in high school can be fbs... you telling me that we can't? south alabama didn't have a team... but we can't? aiight... we don't need to talk to each other because eagles don't consort with chickens. we just in different parts of the atmosphere.

what are their enrollments? that's why they can attempt for fun to play FBS - those sun belt schools are a safety net for the white community to attend and they can recruit blacks, etc. with no hesitation as our "elite" will give them the time of day

HBCUs can't even get into the room with the "elite" of it own and struggle to get the legacy kids as a whole of successful alums as those same sun belt schools to them are considered elite

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Why do we always say what HBCUs can’t do? Mindsets and ways of old ways of thinking are part of the “tradition” Prime is talking about but y’all only focusing on bands and rival games. We have a tradition of thinking we are lesser and should accept less. We always claim we are worth and should have so much more but most of us only think small and always focus on problems rather than solutions to those problems. Old traditional ways of thinking is why we aren’t up there with the big name schools, YET. We have unlimited potential but it doesn’t matter if y’all don’t see it.

As the old folks say, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. HBCUs are just use to the same way but I’m glad this is a new day for JSU, and a few others I guess. May not all happen tomorrow or even next year, but new and better things are coming for the HBCUs with leadership that are progressive and have a plan.

Why do we always say what HBCUs can’t do? Mindsets and ways of old ways of thinking are part of the “tradition” Prime is talking about but y’all only focusing on bands and rival games. We have a tradition of thinking we are lesser and should accept less. We always claim we are worth and should have so much more but most of us only think small and always focus on problems rather than solutions to those problems. Old traditional ways of thinking is why we aren’t up there with the big name schools, YET. We have unlimited potential but it doesn’t matter if y’all don’t see it.

As the old folks say, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. HBCUs are just use to the same way but I’m glad this is a new day for JSU, and a few others I guess. May not all happen tomorrow or even next year, but new and better things are coming for the HBCUs with leadership that are progressive and have a plan.

"Neely queue the organ"

what are their enrollments? that's why they can attempt for fun to play FBS - those sun belt schools are a safety net for the white community to attend and they can recruit blacks, etc. with no hesitation as our "elite" will give them the time of day

HBCUs can't even get into the room with the "elite" of it own and struggle to get the legacy kids as a whole of successful alums as those same sun belt schools to them are considered elite
they can recruit our elite kids for one simple reason. they offer something that we currently don't... an opportunity to play fbs football.

if we are fbs what does troy, south alabama, usm, have to offer a kid that jsu, southern, bama state, alcorn can not?

Troy and USA had multi million dollar donors …. We dont…. Troy has 18k students and USA around 15k.

Troy and USA had multi million dollar donors …. We dont…. Troy has 18k students and USA around 15k.
From what I could gather from a quick google search Troy had about 9k main campus students in 2009. their first fbs year was 2001 and they made the decision to move to fbs before they left dII in the 90's. I can't find it but I'm guessing they had 5-6k students at that time. so you want to look at where they are now, but not where they were when they made the decision to move. that's not a far comparison. they were where we are now (actually not even) when they said we're going fbs. they just didn't let their fear outweigh their vision.

every school is going to be different. troy has a million campuses and if you look they said in 2009 they had over 30k students total if you count every campus and their online program, but in an apples to apples main campus to main campus comparison we aren't much different from when they made the decision.

multi-million dollar donors you say? and again... a million dollars is 1,000 alumni giving $1,000/each. heck, can I get 10,000 of you folks to give $100 dollars? there u go. done.
Music Video GIF

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay,

Yeah. But, those USA and Troy have the cities and surrounding areas backing them. Hell, Mobile County is basically help out with some of the costs of the program.

The Mitchell Family have donated millions to USA.

From what I could gather from a quick google search Troy had about 9k main campus students in 2009. their first fbs year was 2001 and they made the decision to move to fbs before they left dII in the 90's. I can't find it but I'm guessing they had 5-6k students at that time. so you want to look at where they are now, but not where they were when they made the decision to move. that's not a far comparison. they were where we are now (actually not even) when they said we're going fbs. they just didn't let their fear outweigh their vision.

every school is going to be different. troy has a million campuses and if you look they said in 2009 they had over 30k students total if you count every campus and their online program, but in an apples to apples main campus to main campus comparison we aren't much different from when they made the decision.

multi-million dollar donors you say? and again... a million dollars is 1,000 alumni giving $1,000/each. heck, can I get 10,000 of you negros to give $100 dollars? there u go. done.
Music Video GIF
I get what you are saying about the donating but shoot, you got Coach just the other day proud of the new renovation that is being made but also letting folks know he had to use his own money to get it done. No donations came in for that? So he's supposed to keep doing that if they make the move up?

And I'm all for a move up but if the Great State of MS got anything to do with additional funding for JSU to start taking recruits from Ole Miss and Miss St on the regular because they are FBS y'all on that good stuff for real. Better have some very deep pockets on side of JSU cause the state ain't giving up nothing. They may start cutting even more.

Are the "elite" Black athletes going to the Sun Belt, though?

Back