SWAC going FBS? (SCSU nor TSU never got invites to the SWAC but BCU did)

I know what it means. Just because I raised the issue of expected budget cuts, does not make me a victim of the Stockholm Syndrome. To me, the budget cuts will not allow SWAC schools to move up to the FBS level. That’s my point. You don’t have to agree.

It is a longterm goal and not something about to happen. Budget cuts don't stop goals. They might get pushed back or delayed, but goals still can be met. Plus, I wasn't calling anyone a name.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS. I know its been talked about before, well not just the swac but a Black FBS conference, but this would be huge and I do believe it can be done. Leave the naysayers where they are. All I know is IF it ever happens, I know one school in particular who will be sorry that they never moved to the SWAC..... I shall not name thee.... you already know.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS. I know its been talked about before, well not just the swac but a Black FBS conference, but this would be huge and I do believe it can be done. Leave the naysayers where they are. All I know is IF it ever happens, I know one school in particular who will be sorry that they never moved to the SWAC..... I shall not name thee.... you already know.

I think that particular school might actually bolt from said conference if the plan start to look more realistic

Soooo who is gonna give $12.5 million to that HBCU facility like the dude did for SDSU?

The Alumni. It's not for some rich benefactor to drop off millions of dollars to a HBCU. It's up the individuals of that schools to do it.

Black people are going have to learn the value of teamwork, and working together.

The Alumni. It's not for some rich benefactor to drop off millions of dollars to a HBCU. It's up the individuals of that schools to do it.

Black people are going have to learn the value of teamwork, and working together.
Yeah, but that $12.5 gift shole knocked down some costs.

I agree in teamwork. But, gotta have a little something extra as well

Why did I post somebody else facilities? Because, SDSU is not even a BCS team. They are a FCS team.
I'm not overly impressed with SDSU facilities. Its not like they are head and shoulders better than many SWAC facilities. Their football stadium seats 19,300, smaller than all but 3 SWAC facilities. Their basketball arena seats 5200, smaller than most arenas in the SWAC. Their baseball stadium seats only 600, and they do not have an on-campus field for softball. While some of their facilities clearly out-rank average SWAC amenities, still they are not heads and shoulders above most SWAC institutions. .

Last edited:
Just FYI ….The G5 is included in this on a smaller scale.

I'm not overly impressed with SDSU facilities. Its not like they are head and shoulders better than many SWAC facilities. Their football stadium seats 19,300, smaller than all but 3 SWAC facilities. Their basketball arena seats 5200, smaller than most arenas in the SWAC. Their baseball stadium seats only 600, and they do not have an on-campus field for softball. While some of their facilities clearly out-rank average SWAC amenities, still they are not heas and shoulders above most SWAC institutions. .
What SWAC schools has this
View: https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/1537893558941691906

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Well we got this...

FVexedXUsAIyDFi

and this,

FVext5LUUAAoer-

and this.

FVexuS8UUAIIubH

just got to work on getting this...

FVexe08VIAAA6cF

athletic directors are going to have to tell us what they need alum and fans to do. If you need 10 million, then you get out there and say we need 1,000 alumni to give us 10k or 10,000 alumni to give us $1,000. that's can be done.

I can’t wait for this fool to leave the SWAC so all of this nonsense can end. They can’t even beat Kentucky State or SCSU yet they’re ready for FBS lmao

The sad thing is that he has many believing they are ready (JSU fans and non-JSU THEElievers) when our living breathing commissioner literally told his ambitions 2 years ago that is a few posts up. The only changes are that BCU wasn't officially invited as of the video above and we still had our sorry AD (because there was no way we were gonna grow with her as AD)

The pandemic might have pushed back his ambitions a year or two but the plan is still there.

The sad thing is that he has many believing they are ready (JSU fans and non-JSU THEElievers) when our living breathing commissioner literally told his ambitions 2 years ago that is a few posts up. The only changes are that BCU wasn't officially invited as of the video above and we still had our sorry AD (because there was no way we were gonna grow with her as AD)

The pandemic might have pushed back his ambitions a year or two but the plan is still there.
I think you all need to worry about raising your contributions instead of worrying about what you're BIG brother doing. Fix those potholes in your field first.

What's the point of moving up, if you don't have revenue, or donations?

Do you know that most of these G-5 schools have the city and businesses behind them?

You should take a trip to Mobile for South Alabama and The Wiregrass Area for Troy State. Because, you will see that those cities and businesses support each school.

Back