Swac Band Extravaganza December 12, 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SKIP
is it dead week this year toooo? i just want to know if the storm is going past dallas?????

I AM PRETTY SURE THAT THIS IS SOMETHING THAT HAS TO BE ANSWERED BY PROF. EDWARDS

Originally posted by Treici_III
BUAT IF THERE TRYING TO HAVE THAT B.O.T.B. AT FAIRPARK. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WILL BE IN ATTENDENCE WILL BE ALL THE SWAC BANDS. FAIRPARK CAN JUST HOLD A REGULAR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME, LET ALONE A B.O.T.B.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by SKIP
is it dead week this year toooo? i just want to know if the storm is going past dallas?????

Dayum skip whats up wit all the jokes you should be proud if the STORM goes....:smug:

Originally posted by TX_FINEST
Dayum skip whats up wit all the jokes you should be proud if the STORM goes....:smug:
what the hell are you talking about, i'm trying to make srrangements to be there if they are going...proud? dam i am estatic. the storm is going to hit everybody at the same time, there will be no doubt who #1 is and then every drum section in the swac will get beat up on at the same time.......isht proud that ain't even the word for it. this is a long time coming:D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by Treici_III
BUAT IF THERE TRYING TO HAVE THAT B.O.T.B. AT FAIRPARK. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WILL BE IN ATTENDENCE WILL BE ALL THE SWAC BANDS. FAIRPARK CAN JUST HOLD A REGULAR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME, LET ALONE A B.O.T.B.

i said the exact same thing, FairPark is way too small for something like that, the arena or the stadium. i think they should have gone with the civic center(BJCC)or hell had it at Legion Field....

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
you still had 7 of the 10 SWAC marching bands in one place. That hasn't happened in a very, very long time. I'm pretty sure no one on this board was around. I am glad that the SWAC is announcing this 5 months before it is to happen. That way the schools can make plans to attend way in advance. The one in 99 increased the attendance of the game.

Well let me help you guys out here, in 1982..... yes 82 Gram, FAMU, SU, JSU, VU, Hamp. had a BOTB and it was just off the hook.
FAMU was on top, then Gram, VU.... FAMU was marching 200 with no Woodwinds playing Eart Wind & Fire. No one could touch that

Originally posted by s phi s
They had one before, in 99, and all the bands didn't show Supa. We'll see how this one shakes out.

Yeah, but it was more like an extravaganza with 2 bands missing...Not a battle...It sounds like this is gonna be pretty much the same thing....A battle of the SWAC bands?!!:rolleyes: In your dreams...That would be the event of the year...I'm in Dallas and would travel wherever to go see that and so would many others...But that would give the band that wins braggin rights for a year! They could have about 5 main cities but their bids in and gather up some sponsors and in 6 months, boom!

I marched in the SCG Extravaganza in 99 for Valley, and I KNOW nobody but SU and JSU played during the game. There was a play around before the game, and to the person that said people didn't want to hear it, that was a lie, because ASU played that "Lately" everybody was in there rocking. I swear folks got something to say every time somebody comes up with a good idea. Even if it was only 7, for that day, that 7 was all we needed, and if u check the attendance records, the SCG's attendance has gone down every year since then. My view on it, is if u don't want to come, DON'T, but don't down talk and throw stones at stuff u weren't there to see or heard from somebody else.

the way i see it is, the only way to decide who's the best is to get the best together and let the fun begin. whatevr happed in 99' was 99', this 2003 and it's time to shine. if this b.o.t.b goes down, i hope to all of ya'll there and in good spirits because we will party.:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by XHALE9802
i said the exact same thing, FairPark is way too small for something like that, the arena or the stadium. i think they should have gone with the civic center(BJCC)or hell had it at Legion Field....

Fairpark grandstands holds 12,000. BJCC holds about..16k legion holds about 83K. I'm sure they don't want to have it at Legion field because of the foot traffic on the field and the game the next day. BJCC is indoors, I guess you can have a play around, but better than the fairpark grand stands.

Originally posted by Devil's Gun Trigger Man
I marched in the SCG Extravaganza in 99 for Valley, and I KNOW nobody but SU and JSU played during the game. There was a play around before the game, and to the person that said people didn't want to hear it, that was a lie, because ASU played that "Lately" everybody was in there rocking. I swear folks got something to say every time somebody comes up with a good idea. Even if it was only 7, for that day, that 7 was all we needed, and if u check the attendance records, the SCG's attendance has gone down every year since then. My view on it, is if u don't want to come, DON'T, but don't down talk and throw stones at stuff u weren't there to see or heard from somebody else.

I WAS there in '99...and YES there were other bands playing. I can't speak for everybody else, but ME personally, didn't care to hear other bands until AFTER the game, I don't care what song they played...again, I am speaking for ME, ME, ME!

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
Fairpark grandstands holds 12,000. BJCC holds about..16k legion holds about 83K. I'm sure they don't want to have it at Legion field because of the foot traffic on the field and the game the next day. BJCC is indoors, I guess you can have a play around, but better than the fairpark grand stands.

well at Legion, they usually put down this stuff(i don't know what its called) to protect the field when they have BOTB's there. but it's all good, i'll still be in attendence....

According to the SWAC OFFICE they aren't having a botb just a step show in the arena at 7:30 that night . that is also all they are advertising.:confused:

i marched that year of the first SWAC band extravaganza and remember it pretty well. all bands with the exception of valley were bringing it fa sho!

Originally posted by usa today
you all finally got a band don't let it go to your head, we been where u are trying to go.

prepare to be stood corrected. UAPB is THERE were grambling was!!! with all the offers and proposals for perfomances and exposure that we get, man please! duh, we already know that our come up didnt start til 98. no band program is perfect, including yall cuz if yall was yall would still be as tight now as yall were back in the day! (waaaay back in the day). we might not have traveled to any foreign countries, but at the rate we are going its coming. we are already getting to play at numerous places across the US. we dont go out and post it on the board each time we get a chance to do something (unlike some bands i know) cuz its pointless. we know that we are tight and nothin yall can say can take that away. yall are still tryna convince yall selves that yall are as tight as yalls predecessors but its a lie! face it, we are better than yall and this can easily be proven again (as it already has been this year) at the SCG if yall decide to show up this year....

Originally posted by oldskoolbulldog
According to the SWAC OFFICE they aren't having a botb just a step show in the arena at 7:30 that night . that is also all they are advertising.:confused:

Here you go Oldskoolbulldog. SWAC Championship schedule of events

I see that they have changed the venue for the Extravaganza from the Fairpark to a "To Be Determined" location. I guess they realized that Fairpark wasn't big enough and they are planning on moving it somewhere else. They need to let me know so I can make my travel plans.

Also, I heard from Mr. Griffin (band director at Alcorn for those that don't know) that the SWAC Commissioner has said that all 10 bands are required to be there on the 12th. The bands can also go to the SCG the next day at their descretion.

The Extravaganza is mandatory and the bands have the choice of staying for the SCG Saturday.

Originally posted by docmump
Also, does the SWAC Office give the band some of the money that is generated at these Football Classics? Does the SWAC Office give bands money for travel or lodging? What does the SWAC Office Do for any Band?

Please, Band Members help me to understand. :confused:

Doc, the bands were paid by they SWAC to go to Birmingham in '99. Also, bands are given a certain amount of money for travel, lodging, and food when they are going to games that are classics. That money is given to the band by the classic organizers.

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
Doc, the bands were paid by they SWAC to go to Birmingham in '99. Also, bands are given a certain amount of money for travel, lodging, and food when they are going to games that are classics. That money is given to the band by the classic organizers.
somebody better call p.v.'s band directors and tell them, because i talked to 2 of their ass. directors and they seemed to not know anything about the botb in alabama...

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior

Did you get my pm?

Well I talked to my contact person over at the SWAC , who told me they are meeting to day to choose a venue :confused: :confused: and the cost. But my thing is a Friday night in the middle of December :eek2: :eek2: I remember the scg was cold last year :eek2:

and that right there is why i was hoping for the BJCC, cause i really do not want to be outside at nite, in the cold.....

Originally posted by oldskoolbulldog
Well I talked to my contact person over at the SWAC , who told me they are meeting to day to choose a venue :confused: :confused: and the cost. But my thing is a Friday night in the middle of December :eek2: :eek2: I remember the scg was cold last year :eek2:

Oldskool, when you hear something about a location, let us know. I need to make travel plans and my plans depend on where it's going to be held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back