Swac Band Extravaganza December 12, 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the people who wasn't at the SWC guessing who was there and who was not. I guess yall didn't have any money just like your band. Oh, and Grambling not to be funny, you will not have anyone coming to see you in Alabama. Yall band have a bad repetation in Alabama after sounding and looking the way yall have done in the past. So if yall are as decent as people give yall, you need to gain some fans back. Turn it up a notch.

It would be nice to have a BOB after the game...However, in '99 the other bands (besides SU/JSU) played DURING the game also...

I think that all playing during the game should be done by the two teams actually PLAYING the game...:D

Originally posted by lilC
I was there marching for Alcorn.

lilC, send me a PM. I was in Alcorn's band in '99. I'm trying to figure out who you are.

For the last time these are the bands that were at the last Band Extravaganza:

1. Southern- From what I was told, their halftime show was supposed to their entry for the Extravaganza.

2. JSU- Same thing for them.

3. Alabama A&M

4. Alabama State

5. Alcorn State

6. Mississippi Valley State

7. UAPB

The scared:
1. Grambling

The valid excuse bands:

1. Texas Southern

2. PVU

*from what I remember, they were having Finals that week or something. that's what i heard. school comes first.*

i don't recall us(as in the other bands) playing during the game. all i remember was there was a stand battle, where all the bands took turns playing, before the game... and field shows were done after the game...

Originally posted by XHALE9802
i don't recall us(as in the other bands) playing during the game. all i remember was there was a stand battle, where all the bands took turns playing, before the game... and field shows were done after the game...

As I stated, a BOB is fine AFTER the game. For any SU/JSU game, these two go at it an hour to an hour/half BEFORE the game as well as during. That was my point. A lot of fans wanted to hear SU vs JSU before and during the game...not the other bands.

But if I'm not mistaken, and I may be wrong, SOME bands were playing between plays during the game...

Red1 you're wrong, the rest of the bands didnt play during the game. Most bands were walking around the stadium meeting and greeting each other....

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
For the last time these are the bands that were at the last Band Extravaganza:

1. Southern- From what I was told, their halftime show was supposed to their entry for the Extravaganza.

2. JSU- Same thing for them.

3. Alabama A&M

4. Alabama State

5. Alcorn State

6. Mississippi Valley State

7. UAPB

The scared:
1. Grambling

The valid excuse bands:

1. Texas Southern

2. PVU

*from what I remember, they were having Finals that week or something. that's what i heard. school comes first.*

OMG....Dude what are you talking about. You are sad to even type that "scared".. Scared of what? What is there to be scared about? What are your facts.? Clueless. :lmao: Antroy you used to be better than this...what happened?????

Originally posted by AAMUBANDMASTER
Oh, and Grambling not to be funny, you will not have anyone coming to see you in Alabama. Yall band have a bad repetation in Alabama after sounding and looking the way yall have done in the past. So if yall are as decent as people give yall, you need to gain some fans back. Turn it up a notch.

So. What's ya point??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh yeah,

Some of you other bands played during the game.....:rolleyes: @ we didn't play.

Mach, any updates? Will all 10 bands be in attendance? Little over a month away now, plans should be being made.

First of all XHALE holla at your brother about the bayou classic pm me your e-mail address alright fasho

Now to this thread ay first of all "WE AREN'T SCARED" of any band in the SWAC. If you were to put JSU, SU, and UAPB together to go against us we would battle them we aren't scared of anybody. But if all bands show up good luck to all and may the best band win.

Originally posted by Bengal E
Oh yeah,

What band played during the game, besides JSU or SU??? Please let me know, I know for a fact it wasnt PB......

Originally posted by Bengal E
Oh yeah,

i know the band i marched for didn't play during the game. the extravaganza this year will be the nite before the game, so this shouldn't be a problem anyways.......

:)

and World Famed, will do.... ;)

Originally posted by World Famed
To let everyone know the SWAC President made it mandatory that all 10 SWAC bands participate in this event.
Somebody please explain "What doest the SWAC Office have to do with the Band?"
The Band is a function of the University, not the SWAC. The Band is independent of sports. There would be a band if there wasn't a football team or a basketball team.

I dont understand how The President of the SWAC can mandate a Band. I would adhire to an invite but not a mandate.

Also, does the SWAC Office give the band some of the money that is generated at these Football Classics? Does the SWAC Office give bands money for travel or lodging? What does the SWAC Office Do for any Band?

Please, Band Members help me to understand. :confused:

Originally posted by docmump
Somebody please explain "What doest the SWAC Office have to do with the Band?"
The Band is a function of the University, not the SWAC. The Band is independent of sports. There would be a band if there wasn't a football team or a basketball team.

I dont understand how The President of the SWAC can mandate a Band. I would adhire to an invite but not a mandate.

Also, does the SWAC Office give the band some of the money that is generated at these Football Classics? Does the SWAC Office give bands money for travel or lodging? What does the SWAC Office Do for any Band?

Please, Band Members help me to understand. :confused:

The SWAC offices suspended both bands from PVAMU and SU after the melee. Before the athletic department was suspended after PV performed at the State Fair Classic, Some of the PV officials shared your view on the SWAC commish... mandating bands.

Originally posted by Quietstorm
The SWAC offices suspended both bands from PVAMU and SU after the melee. Before the athletic department was suspended after PV performed at the State Fair Classic, Some of the PV officials shared your view on the SWAC commish... mandating bands.
I do remember after the "Melee" both bands did not play for a while but I thought that came from the schools investigating the "Melee". After the investigations were complete both band were performing again. But I did not attend pv nor su, so I truely dont know the inside story.

I dont belive the SWAC Office has a right to mandate or suspend any band. I will go as far as to say I dont believe the SWAC Office can mandate how long a halftime show is. They can set the time frame for a halftime and penalize the football team if the bands goes over time, but it can do nothing to the band that goes over time.

Still confused but gaining understanding. :confused:

Originally posted by docmump
I do remember after the "Melee" both bands did not play for a while but I thought that came from the schools investigating the "Melee". After the investigations were complete both band were performing again. But I did not attend pv nor su, so I truely dont know the inside story.

I dont belive the SWAC Office has a right to mandate or suspend any band. I will go as far as to say I dont believe the SWAC Office can mandate how long a halftime show is. They can set the time frame for a halftime and penalize the football team if the bands goes over time, but it can do nothing to the band that goes over time.

Still confused but gaining understanding. :confused:
No sir, these sanctions were imposed by the SWAC. Lawyers, from PV could not understand how could a athletic conference regulate a marching BAND :confused: which was not affiliated with the schools athletic department !

Originally posted by s phi s
They had one before, in 99, and all the bands didn't show Supa. We'll see how this one shakes out.
iiiiiiiiissssssssssss this a planned trip for the storm??????? please tell me it ain't so.... is p.v going past dallas??????

Originally posted by SKIP
iiiiiiiiissssssssssss this a planned trip for the storm??????? please tell me it ain't so.... is p.v going past dallas??????

The politically correct reason for PV not attending the SWAC BOTB in '99, was it was 'dead week' (week before finals) and we were told the administration would not approve the trip !

Originally posted by Quietstorm
The politically correct reason for PV not attending the SWAC BOTB in '99, was it was 'dead week' (week before finals) and we were told the administration would not approve the trip !
is it dead week this year toooo? i just want to know if the storm is going past dallas?????

Originally posted by XHALE9802

BUAT IF THERE TRYING TO HAVE THAT B.O.T.B. AT FAIRPARK. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WILL BE IN ATTENDENCE WILL BE ALL THE SWAC BANDS. FAIRPARK CAN JUST HOLD A REGULAR HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME, LET ALONE A B.O.T.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back