Southern vs Prairie View A&M: Game Updates - 5:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say big breh.

How you like our QB Skelton?

Keep it a buck 100, If he stays healthy, how much trouble the rest of these teams in the league are in?

LOL
I cannot comment too much right now. Fi done pushed my old ass from this dayamed bridge and my phone has water. Dang!!!!! smh

Seriously, the qbs in the backfield made our D look jr highish. Also, the defensive schemes SU had made PV’s O look predictable elementary.

Southern's defense only gave up 13 against Alcorn (other points were a Lampley pick six), and zero against a potent PV offense.

One of those Florida boys we recruited had two sacks off the edge. Saw some wrinkles in the offense and defense that I like.

But, three of Morton's picks were from tipped passes. We had active hands, plus PV's receivers were knocking the ball up in the air.

I bet. Lol.

Base breh, I'ma say this.

Skelton, if he stays healthy will be playing in front of the big lights when he faces yall, so you know, you know, that boy may cut up. He already showed his ass against PV on the big stage, now add the Bayou Classic with a chance to win it all, breh LOL
I'm geeking a bit, but breh. Skelton in the Bayon Classic with something on the line?? Ok, Ok. LMAOO

He is a monster. He effects every play when he is in the game bro. He has been unblockable since they started playing him.

The wrinkle of standing those ends up and sometimes going with one or two down linemen was key in neutralizing what PV was trying to do offensively

Wasn't this game supposed to be on ESPN3? What happened? What did I miss?

It didn’t work. Said technical difficulties then they pulled the game. Next message was game over lol. So whether it was on ESPN3 or PV. I have no clue.

SU fans, that was a very direct message to all of you. Shame. Shame. Shame. I can imagine what was verbally told to him as y’all showed him that it is “tough on the bluff” after that hc’ing loss smh.

Also, our Dr Simmons and staff saw all that stupidity and incoherent preparedness on display by PV athletics from illegal football uniforms to being dominated by a far superior opponent enjoying the confines of their SU-west campus w/ laughter & dance. The truth hurts, PV. But we must accept it.

Skelton was great against PV, but now other teams will plan to limit his mobility.....(unlike PV)
He sort of reminds you of Footman that was at Alcorn.
A good front four may make him more one dimensional and force him to beat you with his arm.

But again....Congrats to SU...….and as Bewildered said "A Thorough Azz Whipping"...….

Hopefully PV will do some "Soul-searching" these next two weeks and be ready for Homecoming...

Base breh, I'ma say this.

Skelton, if he stays healthy will be playing in front of the big lights when he faces yall, so you know, you know, that boy may cut up. He already showed his ass against PV on the big stage, now add the Bayou Classic with a chance to win it all, breh LOL
I'm geeking a bit, but breh. Skelton in the Bayon Classic with something on the line?? Ok, Ok. LMAOO

I do hear ya. All I know is that my G-Men better bring some heat on him or it’s going to be a long trip from the Big Easy. My SU kinfolks are dialing me up for the first time this year already talking Bayou Classic noise. Skelton really lit a fire in the SU fanbase in 1 night. SU has made a serious statement to the SWAC. We counter that statement with a blowout of Alcorn, but I doubt it. At this point, I just want to win in anyway/shape or fashion.

Good win for the defenders of the blue and gold. Good luck for the rest of the way.

Odums can say whatever he wants, we may not know what goes on behind close doors, but the fact remains, you screwed up the quarterback pick from day one,, He cannot convince me that Skelton was not better then the "starter'
I feel that Odums knew this going into camp, but felt obliged to start the NEXT QUARTERBACK up, which was clearer the wrong choice . This was your mistake not the fans

Last edited:
Odums can say whatever he wants, we may not know what goes on behind close doors, but the fact remains, you screwed up the quarterback pick from day one,, He cannot convince me that Skelton was not better then the "starter'
I feel that Odums knew this going into camp, but felt obliged to start the NEXT QUARTERBACK up, which was clearer the wrong choice . This was your mistake not the fans
Sometimes you have to do certain things for discipline reasons , I will leave it at that.

1 game at a time.

Glad you're back. Did coach Odums suspend you from posting over the last 2 weeks? You and others were nervous as hell until the first PV punt that went all of 6.2 yards. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That was a good and VERY DOMINANT win by SU football over PV football. Major major congrats and props for that. Coach Odums and staff obviously made the right choices and implemented hella' schemes.

I'mmo say this and then I'mmo leave this a-lone. Yester pre-game, I purchased a columbia blue tee-shirt that said "IT'S GEAUX TIME *SU decal*." Last night as I was leaving the game, I joked w/ a few that I had the good sense to roll w/ a winner and sit on the winning team's side and party w/ a winner as I pulled out my tee-shirt :D . Today, I'm PROUDLY wearing my new tee-shirt before I play basketball later on. I'm sure those few who know me as I ride up on that purple/gold crotch rocket w/ purple/gold devil helmet will look like "WTF?!" It's that ol' Jag spirit mane and I keep it alive because of grad-school#2 roomy (RIP SU/bison alum). You cannot help but admire the love and passion Jags have for SU. You guys did good and I'm happy for you all. (seriously) Hope everyone made it home safely.

Sidebar: now, if you wanna' talk shit, we can take that to the smackboard and y'all know I stay ready to give and receive. I'm a bi-shitter. :D

Glad you're back. Did coach Odums suspend you from posting over the last 2 weeks? You and others were nervous as hell until the first PV punt that went all of 6.2 yards. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That was a good and VERY DOMINANT win by SU football over PV football. Major major congrats and props for that. Coach Odums and staff obviously made the right choices and implemented hella' schemes.
I’ve been here, what you mean, just don’t have as much free time like I use to have .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back