Southern vs Prairie View A&M: Game Updates - 5:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

I got a feeling, JSU will be a tough match up.

Even that PB game for us. Hell TSU will play us hard. I hope, I just hope our coaches know that everybody gets up when SU is in town

No game for us is an easy W. We, tend to play relax, because, (us) fans have that coasting feeling. Our players feed off that energy.

But trust and believe, if we come into each game focus and actually play like we know how to play, Aint nobody beating us.

Odums finally out-coached some dayum body this year. Gotta give the guy props. He had us prepared. 1st time in a minute.

I can see PV running the table, they lose and it's on.

I can see GSU losing to Alcorn, they lose and it's on.

I'm actually rooting for Alcorn to win out. I really want to see them in the ship, that'll be a good matchup.

Don't fumble

Can anybody explain what was the 15 yard penalty for against PV uniform?

Also, is it 15 yards 'every' quarter?? I thought it was a 1 time enforcement?

This is the type of dominating win that transforms a season both on the sideline and field. Hats off to Odums. I feel much the criticism is unwarranted despite the sanctions he endured over the past years. What a hell of use of a bye week! Impressive Jags!

Hopefully, this win lights a fire with Icon Gram. Do not come to the BC needing a win!

Last edited:
Odums changed what he needed to and we didn't adjust, pain and simple, we lost. Losing is one thing, how you respond shows your character we will see

S.U. has played good defense the last two outings (13 points to Alcorn and 0 to PV). If they remain consistent, hungry and that offense continues to excel, we will be hard to beat.

Also played good in spurts in the LaTech game

The point has already been made. You missed JR post

Haven't yall had a defense for the past 4 or 5 years?

From my understanding, yall keep a defense but that hasn't stopped SU from scoring at Will and winning.

I get it though.

Haven't yall had a defense for the past 4 or 5 years?

From my understanding, yall keep a defense but that hasn't stopped SU from scoring at Will and winning.

I get it though.

Bad offensive schemes can wear a good defense down.

Bad offensive schemes can wear a good defense down.

How when we scored on 1st, 2nd and 3rd poss in most of those games when yall had this so called powerhouse defense.

So the defense wore down in the 1st Quarter??

Breh stop that.

How when we scored on 1st, 2nd and 3rd poss in most of those games when yall had this so called powerhouse defense.

So the defense wore down in the 1st Quarter??

Breh stop that.

This is Hughes and the defensive coordinator 3rd year. So 2016 and 2017 (1st game Mccall took over after Germs went 0-6 was the SU game). 2016 was close. 2017 the offense avg 12ppg. Theres nothing to stop.

You sure bout that?

Yep. I have seen JSU defense this year. Alcorn, Bama State and Gram's are better. Aint much different from JSU defense in the past. That's been your strength, Yall aint bad on that side of the ball. But the problem you will have with SU is that your offense aint going to score. Skelton is going to put immense pressure on JSU defense. Yall shole confident after beating PB barely and Valley. We all know FAMU coach gave you the game in Tally Ho. Your own JSU folks called Simmons dumb.

Yep. I have seen JSU defense this year. Alcorn, Bama State and Gram's are better. Aint much different from JSU defense in the past. That's been your strength, Yall aint bad on that side of the ball. But the problem you will have with SU is that your offense aint going to score. Skelton is going to put immense pressure on JSU defense. Yall shole confident after beating PB barely and Valley. We all know FAMU coach gave you the game in Tally Ho. Your own JSU folks called Simmons dumb.

Actually it is different defensive scheme now than from the past. People have film on Skelton now so dont think a decent defensive coach wont game plan around that.

Offensive scheme changes as well as personnel play a much bigger part than beating famu, pb, and valley. Famu didn't give us anything we would that one and should have put it away much sooner but that problem is gone now. I expect a good one at Mumford

Actually it is different defensive scheme now than from the past. People have film on Skelton now so dont think a decent defensive coach wont game plan around that.

Offensive scheme changes as well as personnel play a much bigger part than beating famu, pb, and valley. Famu didn't give us anything we would that one and should have put it away much sooner but that problem is gone now. I expect a good one at Mumford

I'll say this and keep it 100 with you breh.

This guy won at the JUCO level, dominated, ppl had film on him at that level, and IMO, they are better coaches at that level than on this level truth be told, honestly, he's saw better talent and better coaching than he's seen in this league or what I've seen.

Ppl had film on Kincade and look what he done, yall can have all the film on this dude, and talent will prevail against lesser talent.

All this talk about we got film and will game plan, yadda yadda, Kincade, Footman, and every other QB with talent like him, and he's better than both and he still has 2 more years left after this.

Yall had film on Austin, and he's nowhere near the talent as Skelton and he carved up JSU defense.

Austin did that on a bum leg at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back