Southern vs Prairie View A&M: Game Updates - 5:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this and keep it 100 with you breh.

This guy won at the JUCO level, dominated, ppl had film on him at that level, and IMO, they are better coaches at that level than on this level truth be told, honestly, he's saw better talent and better coaching than he's seen in this league or what I've seen.

Ppl had film on Kincade and look what he done, yall can have all the film on this dude, and talent will prevail against lesser talent.

All this talk about we got film and will game plan, yadda yadda, Kincade, Footman, and every other QB with talent like him, and he's better than both and he still has 2 more years left after this.

Yall had film on Austin, and he's nowhere near the talent as Skelton and he carved up JSU defense.

Austin did that on a bum leg at that.

A good player gonna get his regardless. A good coordinator will do things to slow that down. We dont have problems with running qbs like Footman it's the pocket Qbs who've hurt us. I'm actually gonna watch Skelton today after work

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Actually it is different defensive scheme now than from the past. People have film on Skelton now so dont think a decent defensive coach wont game plan around that.

Offensive scheme changes as well as personnel play a much bigger part than beating famu, pb, and valley. Famu didn't give us anything we would that one and should have put it away much sooner but that problem is gone now. I expect a good one at Mumford

We shall see. I doubt one game against PV and whatever he does against TxSU will be enough film on Skelton. Any good OC can continue add different plays after each game. Our other QBs can run too. Problem was turnovers with Lampley lacking confidence. Skelton we all knew is an athlete. Plus he is built. Aint a skinny or short QB that can take some pounding. I hope we don't intend on running him like that every game. I give the defense more credit for that win than Skelton.

The SU defense shutting down a potent PV offense at their house is the bigger story. We also slowed Alcorn offense down. They won 20-3. But 7 of that was a pick 6 and the last FG was when the game was decided. So basically the defense has gotten better but the focus was on the offense since they could not be consistent and kept turning the ball over. That's how we got down to AAMU before coming back to win. We turned it over 3-4 times in the first half. Thank goodness the defense didn't allow it to be a blow out.

What JSU will need to do is hope Hayes don't be over-hyped coming back home to face his old team. One thing for sure. Our coaches know him very WELL.

We shall see. I doubt one game against PV and whatever he does against TxSU will be enough film on Skelton. Any good OC can continue add different plays after each game. Our other QBs can run too. Problem was turnovers with Lampley lacking confidence. Skelton we all knew is an athlete. Plus he is built. Aint a skinny or short QB that can take some pounding. I hope we don't intend on running him like that every game. I give the defense more credit for that win than Skelton.

The SU defense shutting down a potent PV offense at their house is the bigger story. We also slowed Alcorn offense down. They won 20-3. But 7 of that was a pick 6 and the last FG was when the game was decided. So basically the defense has gotten better but the focus was on the offense since they could not be consistent and kept turning the ball over. That's how we got down to AAMU before coming back to win. We turned it over 3-4 times in the first half. Thank goodness the defense didn't allow it to be a blow out.

What JSU will need to do is hope Hayes don't be over-hyped coming back home to face his old team. One thing for sure. Our coaches know him very WELL.

I felt bad for the kid when he came on after Skelton went got his ankle taped up. His body language just oozes confidence lost. Hopefully he picks himself up, because nowadays you're gonna need two healthy QBs to get through a season.

Folks are kinda sleeping on Southern's defense. It wasn't until LaTech's depth took over that the game got out of hand. The D prevented AAMU from blowing us out, and kept us in the game against Alcorn.

You're right. JSU has gotta tell Hayes to treat the Southern game like any other game, not one when he's coming home in front of family and friends.

But this is shaping up to be one helluva October.

I'm gonna watch that game today. I see (stats wise) yall are 2nd statistically so your defense definitely has been playing ball.

If Hayes is overhyped he will be pulled. I actually think he's playing hurt but they are saving the other freshman. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back