Southern University investigating leaked 'private' video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, whenever anyone heard of a university losing its accreditation due to student complains? And not having enough faculty members for a student to complete a degree program in 4 years is something SU's Faculty Senate has been complaining about since I was at SU in the 80's. I do believe SACS got involved once this scandal broke, which is why they only issued SU a warning. IMO, these two things are easy fixes versus an university having to show years (3-years to be exact) of financial data that explains how an university used certain earmarked funds. Louisiana politics and SU's political Board have always been the problem. I'll let jayrob figure out who's the other top level person at SU that is on the hot seat with the Alumni. I'm sure he knows by now. Unlike some HBCUs, SU Alumni Federation does have some power.

Last edited:

Also, whenever anyone heard of a university losing its accreditation due to student complains? And not having enough faculty members for a student to complete a degree program in 4 years is something SU's Faculty Senate has been complaining about since I was at SU in the 80's. I do believe SACS got involved once this scandal broke, which is why they only issued SU a warning. IMO, these two things are easy fixes versus an university having to show years (3-years to be exact) of financial data that explains how an university used certain earmarked funds.

I thought they just got off of probation 4 years ago
https://issuu.com/the_southern_digest/docs/completejan-31-2013digest

Also, whenever anyone heard of a university losing its accreditation due to student complains? And not having enough faculty members for a student to complete a degree program in 4 years is something SU's Faculty Senate has been complaining about since I was at SU in the 80's. I do believe SACS got involved once this scandal broke, which is why they only issued SU a warning. IMO, these two things are easy fixes versus an university having to show years (3-years to be exact) of financial data that explains how an university used certain earmarked funds. Louisiana politics and SU's political Board have always been the problem. I'll let jayrob figure out who's the other top level person at SU that is on the hot seat with the Alumni. I'm sure he knows by now. Unlike some HBCUs, SU Alumni Federation does have some power.
I've told people if su alumni realized how much power we could wield in the state of Louisiana the southern university system could be a force to reckon with

I've told people if su alumni realized how much power we could wield in the state of Louisiana the southern university system could be a force to reckon with

The students deserve much better than watching a bunch of Administrative fools ride around SU in their expensive cars. IMO, this kind of crap goes on at pretty much all HBCUs. It's akin to that well dress mother who gets a lot of money from welfare and child support to take care of her kids and the kids are always hungry and looking like crap.

Last edited:
This post I saw on Facebook reminded me of this scandal.

19400062_1474307899302173_7700321637451168169_n.jpg

The students deserve much better than watching a bunch of Administrative fools ride around SU in their expensive cars. IMO, this kind of crap goes on at pretty much all HBCUs. It's akin to that well dress mother who gets a lot of money from welfare and child support to take care of her kids and the kids are alway hungry and looking like crap.
Can't stand it brah.

Now it's everybody's business. LOL!

You so smart jayrob. Isn't that how most things like this scandal become, especially at public institutions??? I do believe there's a thing called the Freedom of Information Act aka FOIA. When public colleges and universities are having financial issues, I'm pretty sure it will soon be all over the media nationwide.

Here are some media related information about schools in Mississippi:

Mississippi's largest community college warned by accreditor
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ommunity-college-warned-accreditor/426175001/

And Belhaven University has now decided to open a Madison campus for Fall of 2017. How coincidental is that??? I guess someone had to step in and replace that void that was left by two other schools. I'm really not sure why Ole Miss and Miss St. hasn't jumped on this. It would look like they would want a strong presence near the State capitol.
Belhaven launches Madison campus for Fall 2017

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-launches-madison-campus-fall-2017/400873001/

The announcement of Belhaven's expansion follows the closing of Tulane University's Madison satellite campus back in January and the cancellation of fall courses at Jackson State University's auxiliary site, also located in the metro Jackson suburb.

Last edited:
You so smart jayrob. Isn't that how most things like this scandal become, especially at public institutions??? I do believe there's a thing called the Freedom of Information Act aka FOIA. When public colleges and universities are having financial issues, I'm pretty sure it will soon be all over the media nationwide.

Here are some media related information about schools in Mississippi:

Mississippi's largest community college warned by accreditor
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ommunity-college-warned-accreditor/426175001/

And Belhaven University has now decided to open a Madison campus for Fall of 2017. How coincidental is that??? I guess someone had to step in and replace that void that was left by two other schools. I'm really not sure why Ole Miss and Miss St. hasn't jumped on this. It would look like they would want a strong present near the State capitol.
Belhaven launches Madison campus for Fall 2017

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...-launches-madison-campus-fall-2017/400873001/

Mississippi State and Ole Miss both have a presence in Jackson. In the Capitol.

They also have a presence academically though. Ole Miss through the med school. Mississippi State through its Architecture School. Plus, MSU has a major branch campus in Meridian. Relatively close to Jackson.

I'm sure both would rather spend their resources on the Coast if they had to expand. More students in South Mississippi and USM has a huge advantage in competing for those students. The Jackson colleges are not real competition for Jackson area students who want to go to MSU or Ole Miss. On the Coast, USM, Tulane, and LSU are real threats. Real alternatives.

Mississippi State and Ole Miss both have a presence in Jackson. In the Capitol.

They also have a presence academically though. Ole Miss through the med school. Mississippi State through its Architecture School. Plus, MSU has a major branch campus in Meridian. Relatively close to Jackson.

I'm sure both would rather spend their resources on the Coast if they had to expand. More students in South Mississippi and USM has a huge advantage in competing for those students. The Jackson colleges are not real competition for Jackson area students who want to go to MSU or Ole Miss. On the Coast, USM, Tulane, and LSU are real threats. Real alternatives.

Okay!!! But placing another campus near the State capitol is not a bad idea in my opinion, such as a satellite law school campus.

Keep trying to deflect onto another school. It's your school that has serious accreditation issues and a story and video gone worldwide.

The students deserve much better than watching a bunch of Administrative fools ride around SU in their expensive cars. IMO, this kind of crap goes on at pretty much all HBCUs. It's akin to that well dress mother who gets a lot of money from welfare and child support to take care of her kids and the kids are always hungry and looking like crap.

Bruh!!!!! If you pass by GSU's administration we see the same thing. I'm like damn you are state employee like me but working at a state agency that is supposed to be cutting back.

To the second comment in bold...that is the perfect description.

Okay!!! But placing another campus near the State capitol is not a bad idea in my opinion, such as a satellite law school campus.

Waste of resources. Ole Miss already has a law school in Oxford. There are not enough students for a second one in Jackson. Considering Millsaps already has a better law school in Jackson.

If the state would allow MSU to have a law school or a med school, it might be an option for them. But, from what I understand, they like the separation as it is. Medicine and law with Ole Miss. Engineering, Architecture, and agriculture at MSU.

I'm sure MSU would love to have a med school and law school. As most of the student in both of the Ole Miss schools got their undergrads at MSU. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Optimally, Mississippi would have just one major state university located in Jackson. Jackson and the state would be better for it. Athletics would be a powerhouse. And it would be the best use of resources.

But ... Mississippi has a history of cutting off its nose to spite its face. The politics of race and class have mired that state in mediocrity and will continue to for the foreseeable future.

This sounds more credible than SACS interfering with a school's academic standing due to a sex scandal.

South Carolina State was hit with a SACS warning for board interference in athletics. Southern was actually on SACS probation in like 2011 or 2012 for something else. I believe it was an after-effect of exigency.

The SACS warning about faculty is going to be a longer-term fix, due to the shambles Louisiana higher ed has been left in after the Jindal years. The portion that falls under Dumas is an easier fix, IMO.

Come on JR. No one on THIS board said not one word about this guy until this video went viral. Now suddenly, yall want him gone. Yeah, right. Nice try though.

Dude, everyone that used to post a lot is in RITS on Facebook now. LOL. Dumas has been a topic for a long time. Sorry you are not up to date. Folks been after his ass at SU for years. Every since he got that job, there have been folks after him. Which is why he is so dumb to get caught up in this kind of scandal that forces him out of there, LOL. Aint nobody shocked by this.

Dumas has never been like by the masses of SU alums. From day 1. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back