Southern University investigating leaked 'private' video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to being an urban university, JSU acquired properties off the main campus to accommodate the student increase. That cost money. And if she was stealing, don't you think them White folks would've been all over her?
Them folks just got jealous that JSU was growing at a faster rate than any university in the state, and with fewer resources.

Being that Da Queen was an engineer, she should know what is meant by critical path. Basically, a person can't work on a later phase of a project until they have completed some earlier phase on that project. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about jayrob.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Being that Da Queen was an engineer, she should know what is meant by critical path. Basically, a person can't work on a later phase of a project until they have completed some earlier phase on that project. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about jayrob.
Since you insist on comparing what goes on at JSU (when this thread is clearly about southern),post how much JSU's enrollment has increased and it's national ranking versus southern's growth and national ranking over the last five years. Recent is not good enough.

Since you insist on comparing what goes on at JSU (when this thread is clearly about southern),post how much JSU's enrollment has increased and it's national ranking versus southern's growth and national ranking over the last five years. Recent is not good enough.

I'm just giving you the attention that you so desire.

So you're afraid to post the numbers is what you're saying. Oh, ok.
If that's the case, let's stay on the thread topic.

When folks have to use enrollment numbers to justify how great they are, I become very skeptic. Back in the days, SU had one of the highest enrollments or the highest enrollments of all HBCUs for years and decades and not once did I hear a SU grad brag about it like these delusional characters. And what gets me, their enrollment is still not the largest among HBCUs and hasn't gotten nowhere near the 13,000+ students SUBR once had or the 20,000+ students system wide.

Last edited:
southern could use her PR skills right about now. Maybe yall can hire her to stop the bleeding that's gone viral. You got folks from su all around the world embarrassed about this nonsense.

Aint nobody embarrassed but sensitive black folks. White folks don't be embarrassed about their alma maters scandals. We the only people (who really aint in a position to be embarrassed) that get our panties in a bunch when somebody does something stupid at our schools. Dumas aint no kin to me. Neither is the Ms Southern gal. They embarrassed their own families. At the end of the day, aint nobody worldwide really going to give a fugg long term. And if they do, fugg 'em.
Aint no bleeding. Again, this shit is lightweight compared to some other scandals.

To maintain sustainable growth? Dude, JSU attendance grew in number, while sustaining our nationwide academic standing for several years in a row. Why don't you pull up those numbers since you love doing tha and post them. Pull 'em up.
And while you're at ti, show JSU's national academic rankings and attendance growth versus southern's over the past five years and post it.

Right now, southern's struggling with keeping it's athletic programs APR eligible and now it's academic standing is in jeopardy.

Didn't SU just have an article written on how they have APR under control? I think it was posted on the NCAA site.
And again your ranking is not correlating to the hidden issues JSU has been dealing with. The Queen was good at SMOKE and MIRRORS. Let's see where they stay after she has been gone for a year or two. She just got ghost months ago. You haven't had time to feel the fallout totally yet. And if JSU continue to cut stuff. Your attendance growth will go the opposite way.

Smoke and mirrors..LOL!!! She definitely outperformed the Great Houdini. And the sad thing, some still think her magic was real. LMAO!!!

Didn't SU just have an article written on how they have APR under control? I think it was posted on the NCAA site.
And again your ranking is not correlating to the hidden issues JSU has been dealing with. The Queen was good at SMOKE and MIRRORS. Let's see where they stay after she has been gone for a year or two. She just got ghost months ago. You haven't had time to feel the fallout totally yet. And if JSU continue to cut stuff. Your attendance growth will go the opposite way.
Po JR. Trying to downgrade JSU's academic accomplishments in spite of the evidence provided by the very institutions (SAC and NCAA) that penalized southern in regards to APR. This doesn't sound like the real JR. LOL at smoke and mirrors.
Like I told that other dude, post the numbers versus southern.

Smoke and mirrors..LOL!!! She definitely outperformed the Great Houdini. And the sad thing, some still think her magic was real. LMAO!!!
Well, she's fooled some knowledgeable people then. Ordinarily you would've BEEN posted stats and numbers in detail, but all of a a sudden, you refuse to do so. Back up your so-called smoke and mirrors with numbers dude. Your words don't hold water.

When folks have to use enrollment numbers to justify how great they are, I become very skeptic. Back in the days, SU had one of the highest enrollments or the highest enrollments of all HBCUs for years and decades and not once did I hear a SU grad brag about it like these delusional characters. And what gets me, their enrollment is still not the largest among HBCUs and hasn't gotten nowhere near the 13,000+ students SUBR once had or the 20,000+ students system wide.
Southern's attendance over the last few years has dropped. Scandal after scandal has been observed time and time again. You can't blame this one on Jindal. Numbers don't lie but people do.
Perhaps this is why you're refusing to post the overall stats and numbers.

I guess Mr. Attention Seeker is too incompetent to post the stats and numbers of the school he supposedly attended, so he tries to get others to do it for him. He's definitely a prime example of that great academic achievement or maybe that didn't happen until after he graduated. LMAO!!!

Po JR. Trying to downgrade JSU's academic accomplishments in spite of the evidence provided by the very institutions (SAC and NCAA) that penalized southern in regards to APR. This doesn't sound like the real JR. LOL at smoke and mirrors.
Like I told that other dude, post the numbers versus southern.

Our enrollment started going down years ago when BRCC opened and we upped our admissions standards under Dr. Spikes and it is currently the same as LSU's. Jindal came in and just put the screws to everything. So you do the math. Has nothing to do with scandal. Hell we have been pretty quiet compared to 10-15 years ago. APR don't stop regular students from attending SU or any school. UCONN had bad APR for their athletic department and they still go on with bringing in tons of students. I swear only us black folks get caught up thinking one school is better than the other. You still have to go to PV, SU, or Bama A&M to get Electrical and Mechanical Engineering degrees in the SWAC. Engineering and Nursing is still SU's calling card. Period. Always has been. That's why I don't get caught up in these rankings overall. It is smoke and mirrors and it is subjective. Morehouse and Spelman are always up there. Don't mean their education is better than JSU's or anyone else's. Usually it's because of WHO is running the schools and WHO is on staff /faculty there.
No one is trying to downgrade JSU academic accomplishments. Just telling you facts. The Queen put a lot of effort in getting yall recognized. She did that everywhere she went. That's her M.O. But it was a penalty folks paid for having her as President once the dust cleared. Just stay tuned.

Uhh JR, by saying JSU's accomplishments are "smoke and mirrors", you clearly downed JSU, BUT remember, this thread isn't about JSU.
Even with some of the mistakes our ex-president made, she did do some good things for the school and for students. Overall, the pros seem to outweigh the cons during her tenure.

P.S.: And yes, White folks tend to hate other White schools. Don't know why you even said that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Our enrollment started going down years ago when BRCC opened and we upped our admissions standards under Dr. Spikes and it is currently the same as LSU's. Jindal came in and just put the screws to everything. So you do the math. Has nothing to do with scandal. Hell we have been pretty quiet compared to 10-15 years ago. APR don't stop regular students from attending SU or any school. UCONN had bad APR for their athletic department and they still go on with bringing in tons of students. I swear only us black folks get caught up thinking one school is better than the other. You still have to go to PV, SU, or Bama A&M to get Electrical and Mechanical Engineering degrees in the SWAC. Engineering and Nursing is still SU's calling card. Period. Always has been. That's why I don't get caught up in these rankings overall. It is smoke and mirrors and it is subjective. Morehouse and Spelman are always up there. Don't mean their education is better than JSU's or anyone else's. Usually it's because of WHO is running the schools and WHO is on staff /faculty there.
No one is trying to downgrade JSU academic accomplishments. Just telling you facts. The Queen put a lot of effort in getting yall recognized. She did that everywhere she went. That's her M.O. But it was a penalty folks paid for having her as President once the dust cleared. Just stay tuned.

Universities can't have a complete engineering program (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical) without having strong scientific support programs (math, physics, and chemistry). SU has some top professors in those areas, especially in physics. The Chairman of the Physics Department Dr. Bagayoko is very vocal on SU's Faculty Senate.

Here's a SU physics professor who is working on a major scientific research project known worldwide.
http://www.subr.edu/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/831

The LIGO Livingston Observatory Facility is located in Livingston Parish.
https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/LA

Last edited:
Uhh JR, by saying JSU's accomplishments are "smoke and mirrors", you clearly downed JSU, BUT remember, this thread isn't about JSU.
Even with some of the mistakes our ex-president made, she did do some good things for the school and for students. Overall, the pros seem to outweigh the cons during her tenure.

P.S.: And yes, White folks tend to hate other White schools. Don't know why you even said that.

Not like us. They do not. Only on the gridiron.

Universities can't have a complete engineering program (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical) without having strong scientific support programs (math, physics, and chemistry). SU has some top professors in those areas, especially in physics. The Chairman of the Physics Department Dr. Bagayoko is very vocal on SU's Faculty Senate.

Here's a SU physics professor who is working on a major scientific research project known worldwide.
http://www.subr.edu/index.cfm/newsroom/detail/831

The LIGO Livingston Observatory Facility is located in Livingston Parish.
https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/LA

I came out of SU Physics department. We are outstanding there.

Thank God Louisiana now has a Governor in John Bel Edwards that has some common sense. We as the SU Family should constantly be in John Bel Edwards ears for a proper replacement for the clown shown in the quoted text below and other clowns who were more than likely appointed by Jindal. SU Board needs a diverse board that is made up of KNOWLEDGEABLE individuals from various academic backgrounds. Far too often SU Board has been plagued with slick talking lawyers, politicians, and preachers with far too little of individuals who have a well-rounded academic background and the skills to manage and grow academic programs successfully.

I believe this dude's term expires next year in 2018.
Ultimately, Board Member Tony Clayton filled the empty space with a confusing motion to retract the termination and investigate Dumas's claims over the next 60 days. Decuir said the motion amounted to awarding the appeal.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Last edited:
Who were the fools that voted to get KEEP HIM.. and do a internal investigation

Find them and get them off the Board, its beyond me, how this man has embarrassed the school and obviously was not doing his job, and you still have idiots that put the buddy system over the university...

Too many individuals who have had the privilege to serve on SU Board think that they should receive preferential treatment due to their political position. Since his dad once served on SU Board and probably on several other State Boards, I'm sure Brandon Dumas grew up with the preferential treatment mindset.

Here's a former SU Board member who just recently resigned his position as a State Police Commissioner after an investigation found he tried to use his position to obtain preferential treatment. This person was appointed to SU Board by Jindal in 2011 and his term expired in December of 2016. Also, him and former SUBR Chancellor Dr. Lloren are from the same area (Natchitoches, LA). I wouldn't be surprised if this person's resignation on the State Police Commission was some political retaliation of what is currently going on at SU. Dr. Lloren was politically forced out by the elimination of his position via Jindal's recommendation on merging the SUBR Chancellor's position with the SU System's President position. Either way, SU needs to be less political and more on academics.

State Police commissioner resigns after FOX 8 investigation
http://www.fox8live.com/story/35943...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Last edited:
I agree with JR, I have said on this topic before a lot of people look at SU scandals as the university is failing, but the truth is SU is to still one of the top producers of engineers, nurses, lawyers

But I will say this, SU got behind the 8 ball along time ago, from a facilities stand point. which I know most of the state schools are, until they start building brand new facilities (academics) the trend(enrollment) will never get where I know it should be. Those students are staying home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back