SCSU vs BCC? SCSU is a better option for the SWAC and here’s why

And those 3 HBCUs are usually their highest attended games.

As someone has posted, their attendance is declining (in part due to mediocre football) so how long will they continue to convince themselves that the OVC is the better spot when they've had a 3 decade case study on the matter. TSU is not where A&T is at and never really been there (A&T is gonna get their wake up call 1-2 years in the Big South and those 15,000 people games against NSU are replaced by 8K games against Charleston Southern.
I wouldn’t say TNSU is mediocre football. I can tell your a Valley supporter.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The question is simple. Does fans support increase enough to offset travel cost?

If Tennessee State has to win, I don’t see that happening any time soon. Maybe a good year once a decade. They are average at best in their conference if that. Athletically irrelevant in either hbcu or pwi spaces. They get to play a few hbcu’s a year. Congrats. Ask their actual alums what their preference is and not some internet board poster who can rationalize the travel schedule without seeing the attrition of their fan base.

This is on their A.D. and Prez.

Dang 662, why don't you tell him how you really feel?

It's not like they have 3-9, 4-5, 6-5, 4-6 and 6-6 over the past 6-7 years to show why folks said they are mediocre

If we any semblence of a QB who could accurately throw the ball 20 yards down the field (and containing #3) we would have beat them like UAPB and JSU did

I believe if the unthinkable happens and TNST would show interest in making the move, A North/South division model would need to be seriously examined/considered.....

I believe if the unthinkable happens and TNST would show interest in making the move, A North/South division model would need to be seriously examined/considered.....

That would be interesting. There would be a big debate on who goes to the south out of schools on the I-20/US 80 corridor (GSU, JSU and AL State).

My guess would be Grambling in order to eliminate a possible rematch of the Bayou Classic the very next week in the SWAC Championship Game.

That would be interesting. There would be a big debate on who goes to the south out of schools on the I-20/US 80 corridor (GSU, JSU and AL State).

My guess would be Grambling in order to eliminate a possible rematch of the Bayou Classic the very next week in the SWAC Championship Game.

I believe another big debate would be whether FAMU would fall into the same division as TxSU and PV, which could cause travel concerns.

I doubt we would ever do north south because of travel alone. If we had unlimited money, I’d love that format.

For those hoping TSU gets the invite, does that mean the end of the SHC?

I imagine there will be some thoughts of making JSU/TSU home and home although it would hard to kill a top 5 classic even both schools could make more doing a home and home

I dont think it would end the classic. Why would it. Conference teams can't be in Classics? We would not make more doing a home-home. If that were the case, we would be doing home-home right now.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I have already posted a probable North division if the SWAC went that route (IF TSU came to the SWAC they are definitely in the North):

TSU
UAPB
Valley
AAMU
ASU
Grambling (farther north than Jackson)

Those are the most northern schools in the SWAC

I have already posted a probable North division if the SWAC went that route (IF TSU came to the SWAC they are definitely in the North):

TSU
UAPB
Valley
AAMU
ASU
Grambling (farther north than Jackson)

Those are the most northern schools in the SWAC
True but it’s so close, it’s basically a toss up. I wonder how GSU would feel about giving up the state fair classic on a regular basic.

Bayou and SHC can be protected crossovers. All other major rivalries look to be intact. You don’t mind Valley giving up annual games against both instate schools?

True but it’s so close, it’s basically a toss up. I wonder how GSU would feel about giving up the state fair classic on a regular basic.

Bayou and SHC can be protected crossovers. All other major rivalries look to be intact. You don’t mind Valley giving up annual games against both instate schools?

I think we will just keep the East/West format because it's easier and, as you said, it's not fair that Valley would lose their two big money games but other schools would have protected cross division rivalries (even though if you did E/W, Valley would probably go to the West and lose JSU at least 1-2 yers unless we did the Big 10 model)

I think we will just keep the East/West format because it's easier and, as you said, it's not fair that Valley would lose their two big money games but other schools would have protected cross division rivalries (even though if you did E/W, Valley would probably go to the West and lose JSU at least 1-2 yers unless we did the Big 10 model)

The mindset of the SWAC is to make money. I cant see them stopping teams from playing if it will cost us money. The JSU-Valley game should be safe. Maybe even moved to Labor Day Weekend when it does not count.

Back