SCSU vs BCC? SCSU is a better option for the SWAC and here’s why

Those are both SERIOUS reaches, LOL. The SWAC used to be mostly private HBCUs and they couldn't keep up for a reason. BCU has a lot of work to do up top.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Just hope if the Swac does approve BCU that they don't become another Morris Brown.
I think they are too far from the footprint of the conference and it will cost the current members more in travel than anything else.

Those are both SERIOUS reaches, LOL. The SWAC used to be mostly private HBCUs and they couldn't keep up for a reason. BCU has a lot of work to do up top.

People suggesting them seem to forget this part of SWAC history as to why only PV remained from the original 6

Last edited:
I was wondering why no one posted this, I read about this a few days ago.

BCU has two options to me ... SWAC or Division II - SIAC. Personally I think BCU is gonna come to the SWAC because the SWAC is very appealing right now and it'll make the alumni happy.

The MEAC needs to go after Tennessee State (long shot) and some other SIAC/CIAA schools in the region to survive and remain relevant.

The Atlantic Sun is also a possibility for BCU and actually It’s actually a better geographic fit.

Would that mean football moves to the Big South?

The A-Sun is supposed to become this "super conference" (A Sun and Big South) adding football down the road which probably means the Big South drops football. Can't see it being benecial of having a football conference stretch from Monmouth to FL (after A&T said that was ther reason they ran from the MEAC)

The Atlantic Sun is also a possibility for BCU and actually It’s actually a better geographic fit.

Yeah but I don't think it's a good cultural fit which is what Tennessee State is suffering from and soon to be Hampton and NC A&T. The fanbase is less enthused and interested in non-HBCU match-ups which hurts the pockets. Who cares if you're conference champs when you losing money and dealing with low attendance numbers.

Who you think BCU people will be most interested to see BCU play ..... some super irrelevant white college University of North Alabama or a more well-known black college like Alabama State? Where at Alabama State not only will they get to see hopefully an entertaining game but also an entertaining band battle.

Yeah but I don't think it's a good cultural fit which is what Tennessee State is suffering from and soon to be Hampton and NC A&T. The fanbase is less enthused and interested in non-HBCU match-ups which hurts the pockets. Who cares if you're conference champs when you losing money and dealing with low attendance numbers.

Who you think BCU people will be most interested to see BCU play ..... some super irrelevant white college University of North Alabama or a more well-known black college like Alabama State? Where at Alabama State not only will they get to see hopefully an entertaining game but also an entertaining band battle.

Gotta agree with you there ... the box office is where it matters most ...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
An announcement is coming, IMHO. What may be the hold up is regarding the transition and costs of leaving the MEAC and an entrance fee, if any for the SWAC. The A-Sun/Big South is also on the table from my understanding. Lastly, there are also some hurt feelings in all of this + the prospects of Delaware State accepting an NEC invite is also out there.

Odds of SWAC invite and acceptance are 50% by next Tuesday, IMHO.

Westcoastaggie this is off base but joing the Big South and without being bias what is your guess on your average home attendance?

Westcoastaggie this is off base but joing the Big South and without being bias what is your guess on your average home attendance?

We'll see. some feel like our attendance may take a hit but others believe it won't. As an east coast HBCU, our biggest HBCU ties will be to the Carolina HBCU, specifically NCCU and WSSU. due to multiple factors, we haven't been able to play WSSU but the NCCU game is a game both sides will be unwilling to give up.

Aside from that, there are factions that have ties to NSU, Howard, and SCSU but none currently have the same drawing power as NCCU and WSSU. Aside from that, our conference games at home tend to be rather dry. Schools didn't bring bands much due to travel and we were happy to have any attendance numbers over 12,000 for the game. That included games Delaware, Bethune, Morgan, Savannah State (when they were around), and even Hampton.

This past season, our highest attended home game outside of homecoming was our game against Elon. It was our home opener and it's a game of interest as they are only 15 miles east of Greensboro.

So honestly, I don't think attendance should change much pending we play NCCU yearly, squeeze a game in with WSSU every now and then, and rotate, NSU and SCSU.

@Kenn Rashad There's something brewing ...

A 12 team SWAC. I'm pretty sure it is a done deal with the announcement that they are leaving for the SWAC. Now everybody in the SWAC need to believe in themselves and that they are capable of competing at the highest level. We have to break the inferior mentality, even if we are not as well funded as others. Like the old say goes, "we have to work twice as hard to prove our self worth."

Last edited:
A 12 team SWAC. I'm pretty sure it is a done deal with the announcement that they are leaving for the SWAC. Now everybody in the SWAC need to believe in themselves and are capable of competing at the highest level. We have to break the inferior mentality, even if we are not as well funded as others. Like the old say goes, "we have to work twice as hard to prove our self worth."

If this goes down ... SWAC baseball gonna be 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Or this could lead to the same challenges in the MEAC. BCC is an expensive trip. So I guess the MS schools will now break up. Is it Alcorn or MVSU that goes west.

Back