Ricky Smiley’s son hooping for bama state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blacks in Alabama are crazy about Bama & Auburn, even if they went to a HBCU. I didn’t understand it when I was there & still don’t.

Bama and Auburn are the closest things they have as professional sports. Plus, they are pretty much the only programs in Bama that consistently win championships.

Bama and Auburn are the closest things they have as professional sports. Plus, they are pretty much the only programs in Bama that consistently win championships.

This is my thought I've had for years. University of Alabama football is their Cowboys, Patriots, Lakers, Warriors, Yankees all wrapped up into one.
This is in essence the feather in the cap the entire state can boast about.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This is my thought I've had for years. University of Alabama football is their Cowboys, Patriots, Lakers, Warriors, Yankees all wrapped up into one.

You nailed it. It goes all the way back to the 1925 Rose Bowl.

Finally...the sensible posts which if made 3 pages ago, would've closed this thread.

No it wouldn't. Them folks call yall all kind of sombitches and Black ****, and yall STILL love 'em like they're your own.
Never mind that 95 percent of Bama fans are more likely to be die hard trump lovers.

If only it were that simple...

Last edited:
However, you paid money to attend Georgia Tech. Isn't that called support. "Throwing a rock and hiding your hand..... So you can wear all the Ramblin Teching wear that you want!

Actually, I didn't pay a dime. Didn't pay a dime for JSU either.

...and yes, I can wear all the GATech I want. I have a degree from there.

TP, Man get out of here with that junk! You and your hype man fabricate so many lies on this site and we are suppose to believe you. And you think Georgia wasn't racist?

PS: Ask your boy, Jrob, why he keeps lying about that smackdown Comegy gave him....

TP, Man get out of here with that junk! You and your hype man fabricate so many lies on this site and we are suppose to believe you. And you think Georgia wasn't racist?

PS: Ask your boy, Jrob, why he keeps lying about that smackdown Comegy gave him....
Keep lickin Crimson tide butt..... and when they pull your chain, you bark.

No it wouldn't. Them folks call yall all kind of sombitches and Black ****, and yall STILL love 'em like they're your own.
Never mind that 95 percent of Bama fans are more likely to be die hard trump lovers.

The folks that gave yall your stadium STILL would call yall all of the above but you won't give it back though I bet.

Keep lickin Crimson tide butt..... and when they pull your chain, you bark.

Do I detect and attitude....Man you know you paid to attend G.Tech (support in it's greatest). Throwing a rock and hiding your hand. It's people like you and your hype man that have fixed mind sets that have people like MLK, Jackie Robinson, and Rosa Parks turning over in their graves. Those leaders had growth mind sets and accepted change. You preach separation and they preached integration...Trump talks about separation and you talk separation...I will never agree with you Republicans who want to dictate what one can and can't do based on his or her rights. If I am wrong then the constitution of the United States is wrong. I see your hand and you and your hype man threw the rock....

Reactions: J C
The folks that gave yall your stadium STILL would call yall all of the above but you won't give it back though I bet.
Dude, your statement makes no sense. We pay taxes too, so ain't nobody gave us jack. Seems like you consider yourself a second class citizen, even though you pay taxes.

Do I detect and attitude....Man you know you paid to attend G.Tech (support in it's greatest). Throwing a rock and hiding your hand. It's people like you and your hype man that have fixed mind sets that have people like MLK, Jackie Robinson, and Rosa Parks turning over in their graves. Those leaders had growth mind sets and accepted change. You preach separation and they preached integration...Trump talks about separation and you talk separation...I will never agree with you Republicans who want to dictate what one can and can't do based on his or her rights. If I am wrong then the constitution of the United States is wrong. I see your hand and you and your hype man threw the rock....
You're taking trump's page right out of his book. Some of yall would support them bama folks over your own HBCU schools just to fit in.
One can only guess that's how they taught yall.
And as far as separation, them same bama folks you talk about joining just told Black women to go back where they came from even though they pay taxes too.
It's your right to keep siding with them, but as Malcolm said, I'm friendly to those who are friendly to me and not so much to those who aren't.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Well, I see this thread has gone down hill. SMH!!!!
Dude/Dudette, just because you disagree with some differing opinions doesn't mean this thread has gone down hill.
Heck, it's gone way past 100 comments, but it's a slow time of the year any how, so what does it matter?
It's just amazing that many Black folks in Bama would rather support and talk about other white schools and give them glory, than talk about their own HBCU's. And then have the nerve to get upset when folks call them out on it.
That's what Smiley's doing and that's what the conversations are about.
LOL at "a Black Iron Bowl". Who names their bowl after their white counterpart? Surely Black Bama folks could've come up with something totally different rather than mimick the same name as the Bama/Auburn game.

Last edited:
Dude/Dudette, just because you disagree with some differing opinions doesn't mean this thread has gone down hill.
Heck, it's gone way past 100 comments, but it's a slow time of the year any how, so what does it matter?
It's just amazing that many Black folks in Bama would rather support and talk about other white schools and give them glory, than talk about their own HBCU's. And then have the nerve to get upset when folks call them out on it.
LOL at "a Black Iron Bowl". Who names their bowl after their white counterpart? Surely Black Bama folks could've come up with something totally different rather than mimick the same name as the Bama/Auburn game.

So your true beef is with Smiley and his support of Bama. I’m sure he cares about your opinion as he replaces another legendary black Alabamian, Tom Joyner.

Ok. Whatever. Dude/Dudette, I respectfully disagree.

Last edited:
:dedhorse:

You'll be hard press to find "one" HBCU grad in La or the Sip that support PWIs in their state. Especially the way Lil Rickey supports U of A Tide.

I saw a lot of SU Jags (and some GSU Tigers) who HATED LSU during my Baton Rouge years.

I think that the Georgia Bulldogs picked up a lot of Southern fans after what Mark Richt and UGA did for the player who was injured against them.

Last edited:

I didn't pay a dime to go to GATech. Also, at the time, how many HBCUs had a Ph.D. program in Organic/Polymer Chemistry. How many have one now? You may not know how grad school in the sciences work but MOST of us don't pay for grad school. Most of us are paid by research grants, department aid (such as Teaching Assistants), or outside fellowships. The hard part is getting in. You don't know how much of an academic beast I was in college. I had TWO fellowships totaling close to $200K to pay for my Ph.D. program paid for by an organization called GEM (Dow Chemical Paid for my portion) and a Hewlett Packard Fellowship. I even got to meet David Packard before he died. And since I had my own outside funding, I didn't have to teach NOR did I have to wait for a professor to pick me. I was able to choose my own advisor because I came to him with my OWN money. Now get like me or go sit down! I never had a student loan in my LIFE!

But regardless of all of that, I WENT to GaTech and I have a REAL connection to it. What is your connection to BAMA? Some of yall over here yelling Roll Tide and never took a class. Maybe you should enroll and get a certificate or something.. LOL

Ain't they. Wow, this is sooo unbelievable. I'd never rock Ole Miss or Miss. State or even USM gear, especially knowing their history and present feelings toward Black folks.
Same here! I see so many of my friends and family in my hometown of Pontotoc, wearing Ole Miss, and MSU gear and never set foot on any of their campuses. One of my renters that never went to MSU put an MSU sign on her door. I don't understand it.

Dude, your statement makes no sense. We pay taxes too, so ain't nobody gave us jack. Seems like you consider yourself a second class citizen, even though you pay taxes.

It made perfect sense lol. But as usual, pretty much none of your arguments on here do. I think people just respond for the entertainment factor to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back