Ricky Smiley’s son hooping for bama state

Status
Not open for further replies.
you see its the native Alabamians lol

I remember one time as a student on campus, a dude was wearing some Roll Tide pajamas and was in line to go in the caf for breakfast. One of the workers told him next time dont wear them sh!ts in here lol

When I was a freshman at UAPB ('90), one of my HS classmates (also UAPB) was on the basketball team. He had an older brother who was a "star" baller at UCA (University of Central Arkansas in Conway), so he used to wear UCA shirts all the time. One day we were sitting in the caf (this was around the time BB practice had started at UAPB), another one of my HS classmates came over and told us what happened to Mark (that was his name) at the first day of practice.
Apparently Mark came strolling in the HPER to practice with a gray UCA shirt on. Coach Smith (RIP) said: "uFck it! Take 1200 University to Dollarway, when you get to Dollarway Road, keep going til you get to the interstate, then take I-30 on to LR. If yo dumb a$$ can manage to find I-40, go westbound til yo narrow a$$ make it to Conway, and take yo lanky, pinwheel a$$ head on to the college! Tall a$$ bastard!" Coach Smith talked about Mark that entire practice. After practice he told him he was more than welcome to wear the shirt again the next, but if he did, he (Coach Smith) was gone light his tall narrow a$$ up! It was a mess!

Ya'll, the BB team gave Mark h3ll for that and he never wore that shirt again.

When my oldest was a freshman at Southern, she had a professor who DID NOT LIKE LSU AT ALL! She said one day a male student walked into the lecture hall with a LSU shirt that apparently had something about "Tiger Land" on it. My child said that professor tore him up! "What is that bullisht you got on, boy? You wearin' that raggedy isht in MY class, on THIS campus? Son, you betta get that isht off now if you wanna stay in THIS muthaufckin' class!" My daughter said he told the boy if he didn't HURRY UP and get out of his class, he'd THROW HIS A$$ OUT! The young man left; my daughter said the professor spent the rest of the class giving the history on the 2 students Smith and Brown and the events that took place on campus and how it's important that they show pride in their HBCU, especially in appearance, and should always wear school apparel when they go off campus. She said he kept muttering, "What kinda dumb isht is 'Tiger Land anyway? Dumba$$es!"

Last edited:
When I was a freshman at UAPB ('90), one of my HS classmates (also UAPB) was on the basketball team. He had an older brother who was a "star" baller at UCA (University of Central Arkansas in Conway), so he used to wear UCA shirts all the time. One day we were sitting in the caf (this was around the time BB practice had started at UAPB), another one of my HS classmates came over and told us what happened to Mark (that was his name) at the first day of practice.
Apparently Mark came strolling in the HPER to practice with a gray UCA shirt on. Coach Smith (RIP) said: "uFck it! Take 1200 University to Dollarway, when you get to Dollarway Road, keep going til you get to the interstate, then take I-30 on to LR. If yo dumb a$$ can manage to find I-40, go westbound til yo narrow a$$ make it to Conway, and take yo lanky, pinwheel a$$ head on to the college! Tall a$$ bastard!" Coach Smith talked about Mark that entire practice. After practice he told him he was more than welcome to wear the shirt again the next, but if he did, he (Coach Smith) was gone light his tall narrow a$$ up! It was a mess!

When my oldest was a freshman at Southern, she had a professor who DID NOT LIKE LSU AT ALL! She said one day a male student walked into the lecture hall with a LSU shirt that apparently had something about "Tiger Land" on it. My child said that professor tore him up! "What is that bullisht you got on, boy? You wearin' that raggedy isht in MY class, on THIS campus? Son, you betta get that isht off now if you wanna stay in THIS muthaufckin' class!" My daughter said he told the boy if he didn't HURRY UP and get out of his class, he'd THROW HIS A$$ OUT! The young man left; my daughter said the professor spent the rest of the class giving the history on the 2 students Smith and Brown and the events that took place on campus and how it's important that they show pride in their HBCU, especially in appearance, and should always wear school apparel when they go off campus. She said he kept muttering, "What kinda dumb isht is 'Tiger Land anyway? Dumba$$es!"

good! more folks should speak up on hbcu students wearing PWI gear on campus. I know the history between LSU and SU is rocky so I dont know what possessed him to wear a LSU shirt on SU's campus.

A few years back there was a cheerleader at sTu who was warming up before a basketball game in a tshirt with utsa or some crap on it. I think her boyfriend went to the school or something and one of our alum left the stands and told her to take it off while she was repping sTu. She took it off. In my opinion the person over them should not have allowed that to happen.

Last edited:
A few years back there was a cheerleader at sTu who was warming up before a basketball game in a tshirt with utsa or some crap on it. I think her boyfriend went to the school or something and one of our alum left the stands and told her to take it off while she was repping sTu. She took it off. In my opinion the person over them should not have allowed that to happen.

It‘s like wearing Nike gear while working for Under Armour.

That's what I tried to tell that "Bama" about black HBCU in La and the Sip.

He attended Georgia Tech as a grad student. That's totally different and totally understandable.
Most Black Bama fans have never set foot on the campus of Bama or Auburn as students, yet they still proudly wear their school gear as if they did attend those schools.

Man get out of here with that junk! He either attended the school or not. He supported Georgia Tech, now you, his hype man is trying to protect him from throwing a stone and hiding his hand. HBCU's have Grad programs...The nerve of you,,, Aren't you the same guy who got Jap Slap by Comegy?

Last edited:
Man get out of here with that junk! He either attended the school or not. He supported Georgia Tech, now you, his hype man is trying to protect him from throwing a stone and hiding his hand. HBCU's have Grad programs...The nerve of you,,, Aren't you the same guy who got Jap Slap by Comegy?
He went to the school, so what's the problem with him wearing G.Tech gear?
I went to Michigan State and I wear their gear. I also went to JSU and I definitely wear their gear.
That's totally different than going for a racist Bama, wearing their gear, while not having set a foot in one of their classes.
How is that so hard to comprehend?

He went to the school, so what's the problem with him wearing G.Tech gear?
I went to Michigan State and I wear their gear. I also went to JSU and I definitely wear their gear.
That's totally different than going for a racist Bama, wearing their gear, while not having set a foot in one of their classes.
How is that so hard to comprehend?

Ok, my issue is people trying to dictate what a person can and can not wear. If you rock Michigan State gear and he rocks Ga. Tech gear I have zero problem with that situation. Just don't be like those republicans who try to take away options that every citizen has if he or she desires. In our family we have Grambling, Southern (too many), Alabama, Auburn, and Alabama A&M Grads and none Grads. Depending on the game being played the people who never set foot on a HBCU or PWI will rock team gear. Some of these people are proud members of Armed Forces that served our country well or attended Shelton State Technical School in Tuscaloosa that are working at Mercedes and making triple figures. Thus, being great citizens and taking care of their families.

Last edited:

No, we’re defending the right of adults to wear what they choose.

This is a straw man argument. Let me guess, y'all probably think the civil war was about "states' rights" too,lol

at this point, Just own it. You all love Bama and Auburn and nothing will change that. There's a huge difference between actually attending a school vs just being a t-shirt fan

Well, before this thread is closed I would like to chime in or this branched topic about Bama and The Black Bama Supporters. After many years of observing and thinking about this sociological phenomenon, I have reached the conclusion that unless a Black Alabamian is born or raised in a household with a strong HBCU affiliation or loyalty then that Individual is by default born into either an Alabama or Auburn football camp and will remain in that camp and demonstrate loyalty and love for that camp for all the days of their lives.

Well, before this thread is closed I would like to chime in or this branched topic about Bama and The Black Bama Supporters. After many years of observing and thinking about this sociological phenomenon, I have reached the conclusion that unless a Black Alabamian is born or raised in a household with a strong HBCU affiliation or loyalty then that Individual is by default born into either an Alabama or Auburn football camp and will remain in that camp and demonstrate loyalty and love for that camp for all the days of their lives.
Damn Bamas.

This is a straw man argument. Let me guess, y'all probably think the civil war was about "states' rights" too,lol

at this point, Just own it. You all love Bama and Auburn and nothing will change that. There's a huge difference between actually attending a school vs just being a t-shirt fan

I only wear Bama State apparel but defend the right of adults wearing whatever they choose. BTW... I enjoy sports played at a high level. When it comes to college football, the culture in Alabama is different from other states. That’s why UA and AU are always competitive on the national stage.

I only wear Bama State apparel but defend the right of adults wearing whatever they choose. BTW... I enjoy sports played at a high level. When it comes to college football, the culture in Alabama is different from other states. That’s why UA and AU are always competitive on the national stage.

so what about Bama St & AAMU? Since the culture in Bama is “different” lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back